Search results

1. Hugh_s

Cheaper alternative to Shure PSM300 IEM?

The new(?) Sennheiser XSW looks interesting too.
  2. Hugh_s

Vintage PRS Guitars

I think the duplicarvers were in place well before ‘95 - 1995 is when they moved to their newer factory from their old factory. Maybe they had a full CNC rig by then too? I do remember people would try to upsell their early ‘90s PRS as having been special because they were made in the smaller...
  3. Hugh_s

Partscaster neck: 24", 25.5" or right in the middle?

I think I mostly prefer the 25” scale of my PRS to any of my Gibsons or Fenders. Outside of that, I don’t even know - my Fenders are different enough from my Gibsons that I can’t really tell you if the scale length makes any difference at all. Of course, that’s a pretty weird response, I think...
  4. Hugh_s

New Gibson drops today (warning: Slash and high price content)

So when are we gonna see that Flying V Custom That Alex Jones has been sporting on this TOOL tour?
  5. Hugh_s

Musician's Friend SDD - 2013? Gibson SG Future Tribute Min-Etune $549

Mine is still in use and getting really beat up. That’s a THIN finish.
  6. Hugh_s

How close to Les Paul's do SG's get?

Explorers are great, but they can get neck divey too.
  7. Hugh_s

SE Silver Sky - not interested

This differentiation is well-known and understood by people who have any interest in buying a PRS guitar.
  8. Hugh_s

I think the price fits PRS as they generally trade on their brand cachet compared to their competition. While kinda intangible, it’s still a thing they leverage heavily. In the end people who want a Fender aren’t going to really look at the SESS, at least I don‘t think they are. They’re not...
  9. Hugh_s

of all the things, you have an issue with… poplar? loads of awesome strats have been made from poplar, it’s just they’re generally painted solid colors.
  10. Hugh_s

New PRS HX amps (hendrix sig)

PRS had HX before a certain modeling manufacturer.
  11. Hugh_s

Tremsetters

My Strat has a tremsetter, It works fine. I don’t notice the minor detent at center and I have a floating tremolo
  12. Hugh_s

Strat or Tele?

You learn to manage your picking hand placement quick enough that it doesn’t stay a problem for most people.
  13. Hugh_s

Help me decide on a Tele

I can say the American Pro ones are super nice.
  14. Hugh_s

Strat or Tele?

My strat has a base plate and the bridge PU isn’t ice picky at all. It made a huge difference,.
  15. Hugh_s

Strat or Tele?

Let me introduce you to my American Professional Telecaster in crimson.
  16. 3D2DD653-1A46-4431-A3DB-396AF251FA94.jpeg

3D2DD653-1A46-4431-A3DB-396AF251FA94.jpeg

17. Hugh_s

NGD - Gibson SG Standard 61

This is a fact.
  18. Hugh_s

In praise of the Mesa Boogie Electra Dyne

I liked my head so much I boughit the small body combo I look forward to dragging this out! It’s the same size and shape cabinet as my Lone Star Special, so I don’t even need a separate road case for the thing. I still wanna try it with the alnico cream in my LSS cab.
  19. Hugh_s

What Amp(s) Did You Buy in 2021?

Now I'm embarrassed that I didn't think of something like that in my post
  20. Hugh_s

I want a Mesa Roadkill now
  21. Hugh_s

Yeah, it looks like it is the exact same size as my LSS - so it will fit in the same road case. I don’t even need to buy extra stuff for it!
  22. Hugh_s

Small body combo, you say?
  23. EAAF2084-53B9-45A1-9C5B-D00302814D89.jpeg

EAAF2084-53B9-45A1-9C5B-D00302814D89.jpeg

24. Hugh_s

I just bought another Electra Dyne, this one as a 112 combo because I’m an addict or something.
  25. Hugh_s

Strat Pickup Rabbit Hole: Help!

I’ve got the Vintage Hots in my strat - they’ve been good to me. I do play mostly overdriven sounds.
Top Bottom