Search results

1. gerrickreidenbach

What is one amplifier you regret selling?

You can give them away, too.
  2. gerrickreidenbach

Brighten up a Univox U45b.

Thanks, I knew there was more to it than met the eye.
  3. gerrickreidenbach

Brighten up a Univox U45b.

Isn't this the opposite of what you should do? If it is too bright wouldn't you increase the value from 220pf to say 300pf and if it is not bright enough lower the value from 220pf to 100pf?
  4. gerrickreidenbach

Lemon oil on rosewood fretboards

I use a product called Lizard Spit, but I never had a problem using anything else ranging from boiled linseed oil to more conventional furniture polish.
  5. gerrickreidenbach

Fender model/serial number database

I'm looking for a link to a database where I can enter my Fender guitar serial number and find out what model it is. I have used one in the past but I don't currently have a link and my searches haven't yielded any thing to that effect. I thought it was connected to the Fender website. I am...
  6. gerrickreidenbach

What tube should go here? 1935 Oahu restoration

I removed the two capacitors to ground on the a/c side of the power transformer and then reversed the 10k resistor back to stock value and removed the two grid stop resistors. There was no real benefit to the mods and I suspect that they were creating some noise in the circuit after I removed...
  7. gerrickreidenbach

He may want to at some point but I think he will be happier for now if he can retain the original speaker, so long as it is adequate. I did a couple more tweaks, added 68K grid stop resistors at the inputs and lowered the value of the 20K resistor to 10K. The change was slight but there is some...
  8. gerrickreidenbach

It's up and running. there isn't much magnetic pull from the field coil but there is sound. it overdrives very well. the addition of a capacitor to ground where @printer2 recommended helped quite a bit, cleaned up some flutter in the output. I'm concerned that the field coil isn't working...
  9. gerrickreidenbach

thank you, this really smoothed out the power supply fluttering I was getting at the output.
  10. gerrickreidenbach

it's out of my hands. the customer wanted to order one that he found. what would you want for one of them? yours may arrive before his does... 80 rectifier tube, right?
  11. gerrickreidenbach

waiting on the rectifier tube. I'll get back to you once it arrives.
  12. gerrickreidenbach

@HotBluePlates here is how it sits at the moment:
  13. gerrickreidenbach

Unorthadox configurations

if you could squeeze four speakers into the cab you could wire series/parallel or parallel/series. all of your speakers should have the same impedance, i.e. four 8 ohm speakers for a total 8 ohm load or four 16 ohm speakers for a total 16 ohm load. you could still implement the different size...
  14. gerrickreidenbach

This schematic looks right, although, the field coil impedance is much higher in mine at 2500 ohms. I'm not sure if that would require a larger or smaller capacitor value for the power rail.
  15. gerrickreidenbach

It looks like the 80 rectifier tube could handle these conditions. The cathode of the rectifier goes to one side of the field coil, the other side of the field coil is connected to pin 3 of the socket and then that leads to both sides of the OT and all the other plates in the circuit. The...
  16. gerrickreidenbach

So, the leads from the PT secondary that I marked as 5V are actually the high voltage leads, so the red and orange lead designations should be swapped. I found about 5.5V on the rectifier filament supply and 652V AC on the PT secondary.
  17. gerrickreidenbach

So, I'm thinking that I will have to install a cap to ground at pin 3 and pin 5 of the cap can socket? What I can't figure now is: why does the 5V supply connect to the cap can socket? Bear in mind this schematic is untested, I did double check the wiring but the secondary leads from the PT are...
  18. gerrickreidenbach

That would work if I had a schematic other than the one that I made from the circuit, including the omissions. As it is the schematic I drew up is the only one that I have.
  19. gerrickreidenbach

well, thanks for following up. this is another can of worms, though. maybe a new thread idea, "what caps should go here?" thanks again to everyone that helped to investigate this thing.
  20. gerrickreidenbach

the connector has a different plug in location, below the 6V6. jthomas666 found this on Reverb: and these photos show a plug in cap can in the vacant spot.
  21. gerrickreidenbach

I'm not sure I follow. Are you saying this is intended as an empty socket? my only question then would concern pin 3. It has only one lead. If it wasn't connected to something in the socket why is it there? Any ideas?
  22. gerrickreidenbach

It appears that it may be for a plug in cap can. This is totally outside of my expertise. Hence the reason I presented this here. I have no engineering back ground. My hope was that someone could look at my description or my schematic and point me in the right direction. This was probably too...
  23. gerrickreidenbach

If you look at the underside wiring to the cap can of the Reverb listing it is different from the wiring to the mystery socket in my photos.
Top Bottom