Search results

1. C

Is Digital getting too "real"?

He means we are no longer in Kansas. Beyond that, I don’t know. Even after his clarify.
  2. C

Experience with Atomic Support

Hey Tom. Thanks for the email on 06/30/21 stating that the amp should be repaired by the following week or sooner. I haven't heard anything since and sent another email last Wednesday, 07/14/21 of which I am yet to receive a reply. We are getting close to one year since you received my amp...
  3. C

Helix floor and LT price drop!

I have one of those coupons right now. Won’t work on LT or Floor presumably because they are in “price drop” status. Maybe once the dust settles coupon will work. A phone call might work too.
  4. C

Helix Stomp Tuner accuracy?

These threads are truly perplexing. I wish we could scientifically get to the actual reason for the large difference in user experiences. I have both a Floor and a Stomp and don't have problems with the tuners. I get in tune and rock and roll. I've compared with my other tuners.. But these...
  5. C

Baritone string gauges for A standard with 27" scale

I play with a light touch. No mud whatsoever. The heavier the strings, the muddier it gets. I prefer light strings and playing with a light touch, but everybody is different.
  6. C

You can get that with standard scale lengths. I have a PRS Mushok 27.7” scale that I’m probably going to sell because the extra clarity of the increased scale length isn’t worth the stretching required to play chords. I get the sounds I like on 25.5” scale just fine (even with tunings like drop...
  7. C

To me, the point of a baritone is to be able to run lower tunings with lighter strings compared to traditional scale lengths. Lighter strings sound clearer, brighter, and more guitar-like. With that said, the gauges you mention sound absolutely mammoth overkill that would sound unnecessarily...
  8. C

How to remove prs tremolo springs

I've owned a lot of trem guitars over the years, and never have I encountered springs as difficult to remove as on my USA PRS. They are in another category.
  9. C

Edited. haha.
  10. C

I was quoted 3-6 weeks on a repair back in July of last year. Ended up sending off amp and it arrived at Atomic on 08/21/2020. I have communicated a few times over email since then, but still don't have amp back. I sent another email last Friday and haven't heard back. This is approaching a...
  11. C

Gibson binding: a ridge where paint and binding meet normal?

Thanks for the tip. I ended up selling that guitar. I'm pretty much done with Gibson. They aren't junk, but they just aren't generally up to the quality level I get with other (usually less expensive) brands.
  12. C

Relic’d Guitars, How They Age

If it's a good relic job, then it will age the same as a real guitar would with the same amount of natural relic-ing.
  13. C

Your biggest waste of money , guitar mods

What is the best post hole width for metal?
  14. C

Do tonewoods really matter in building a guitar?

Yep. There is only wood. Wood may have certain tonal qualities, but it's still just wood. Calling it "tonewood" just seems dumb.
  15. C

Do tonewoods really matter in building a guitar?

What tree does tonewood grow on?
  16. C

Fret Buzz - Why Can't I Setup my Strats To Play Like My Gibsons?

If OP measures action at say 5th fret, 12th fret, and last fret on each design, that should give some insight to this matter. Probably best to push down (or capo) the first fret to eliminate the nut height variable entirely.
  17. C

I don’t know about the neck angle viewpoint. If the action is the same and the strings are in the same plane in regard to the frets, how does it matter? The original Gretsch Duo Jet design opted to raise the neck up higher in the body pocket, rather than go with an extreme angle like a Les...
  18. C

That’s what I said in a previous post and that seems to make sense. Maybe the buzz is there on both, it’s just more noticeable/accentuated on a Strat.
  19. C

A question for ESP Eclipse owners: Any difference between the FT models vs the Standards?

Yes, pretty much what Pushead said. The Standard (2012 Standard Series) has a ton of upper mids in comparison. I guess I should say my two FTs are pre-2019 LTDs, which are solid (not weight-relieved) as far as I know. Yet, thankfully, both are in the 8.5lb area. They are great guitars. I believe...
  20. C

What's your favorite Les Paul bridge pickup?

Dimarzio 36ths for all around versatility. EMG 81 to bringeth the rock and metal.
  21. C

A question for ESP Eclipse owners: Any difference between the FT models vs the Standards?

I have two full thickness and one regular thickness. I greatly prefer the full thickness versions in both tone and feel.
  22. C

I have kind of noticed this too. All I can boil it down to is scale length and the other design differences between the two. Possibly the buzz sound is just more apparent on the strat platform. Sorry I can’t offer anything more scientific than that.
  23. C

Not sure I know the answer. But I can say this thread would probably go a lot better if the people replying would actually read your OP and some of the replies. Kudos to your patience.
  24. C

I don't understand PRS hype

Only read first post, but I’m guessing this thread went well.
Top Bottom