Search results

1. A

Pickguard for an Ibanez Andy Timmons...

HI All, looking to find a pickguard for an Ibanez Andy Timmons model (Getting a guitar built along these lines).. Looking for single ply H/s/s 9 screw/3 pot.... Any ideas where to start? Have looked at Reverb/Ebay etc but no joy as of yet... Does anybody know are the Ibanex rg40 the same or...
  2. A

Tube experts...advice please?!

I recently gotmy old Selmer TV15 (1955) up and running. The power valves are k33c's. I have also seen the same amps (online, mind) using pl 82's. I bought a stock of pl 82's . . . Are they interchangeable? Many thanks =)
  3. A

Doug Rappoprt Sig Knaggs =)

http://knaggsguitars.com/knaggs-guitars-releases-doug-rappoport-signature-kenai/ Dnt know if its been posted (quick search didnt show it).. Great to see Doug getting more and more recognition - one of my favorites =) Now sit back and wait for his sig amp =)
  4. A

Cornford RK100 question....

Hey all, I've finally gotten one of my bucket list amps... the original RK Cornford and I absolutely love it. Exactly what I want/need in an amp and the perfect amount of aggression (for me). My question to all you previous owners is have you ever tried them With 6l6's installed? I'm guessing...
  5. A

TC ELECTRONICS PARAMETRIC EQ + SUSTAIN PEDAL QUESTION...

Hi folks! Recently bought one of these and can get some interesting sounds out of it - My question is should the little HiQ switch be latching? Is it a case that you hold it down and turn a knob to set the Hiq or is mine broken? (It doesnt latch). I know they're and old pledal and TC cant help...
  6. A

Realistic price/trade value for a 93 Gatton tele...

Hey all, just wondering in this economic climate what a decent/fair trade/price is for a 93 Gatton. COA, bardens - non original case. I'd be looking for either a James Tyler or a Friedman amp - Do I hold onto it or is it achievable? Thanks in advance - PS this isnt a bump for a FS guitar - im...
  7. A

I need Tele neck inspiration...

I've just bought a rather cool ash bodied "barncaster" body with an old licence plate as the scratch and a rather cool control/knob layout with a gretsch filtertron in the bridge as its only pickup. A mighty axe like this needs a whopper of a neck. I'm thinking something really exotic and odd...
  8. A

Retolex or keep original?

Hey, I've a '71 Superlead that's more or less in original condition (bar a replacement power light and tubes obviously!). All the solder joints are more or less original and paint dotted etc. The headshell was sprayed black at one time (not me!)and i've more or less cleaned most of it off. I'm...
  9. A

Looking to get a DGT...

Hi all, quick one. Would love to get a DGT (ideally dots/goldie). Would a PRS '96 Custom 24 in Amber be a good swap or do you think i'd be expected to throw a few bob with it? Thanks!
  10. A

Anybody used a d type amp with Fanes?

as above, anybody tried using one with some old fane speakers? Curious how they deal with that type of circuit? Looking forward to orebody who hopefully tried it out! Thanks :)
  11. A

The old grey whistle test...

What a brilliant show...... What an inspiration for so many musicians over this side of the pond.. Have many of our American cousins been privy to this?
  12. A

vintage amp find!

Hey guys, scored a NewOldAmp today... A RSA Truvoice 15.. Believe its from '55.. Actually came with all of its original documentation! HArd to believe it all survived this long. Unfortunately there is no internal mains transformer so im not plugging it in until i get it sorted out via a tech but...
  13. A

Marshall experts please look!

Hey guys, Ive had this 73 JMP for a while now but only recently got to fire it up. Im really surprised how gainy it is - its gets REAL graunchy about 3-4 on the dials.. Its a fantastic sounding amp and its not going anywhere! My query is how much work has been done to her? Im pretty sure...
  14. A

New Robben Ford album in May...

Just got an email about a preorder for the new Robben album due for release in May! Good news indeed :phones
  15. A

Dearmond trem fx....modern equivalent?

Hey all, Been a huge Rev Bill G since I was a kid and have been going through a major Rythmeen phase :bow After some exploration on the net I've read that a vintage mechanical Dearmond term troll (iirc) was used all over that record.. A quick scan of ebay and reverb shows that an original unit...
  16. A

Truefire SRV lesson tone?

Hey guys, had a quick peek on YT of the truefire SRV 50 licks and what a monster tone the chap had.... Really had that SRV thing goin on (imho).. Anyway, does anybody know what stuff Anthony (Stauffer) used on the course? Great player too btw... Not going to buy the amp or anything like...
  17. A

Question on Van Weelden R.O and separate cab....

Hey folks, I've a VW RO (for short!) incoming at the end of feb/early march. My main amp is a Matchless chieftain... I've this currently in a 1x12 matchless shell but also have the original 2x12 she'll it came in... I'd love to make a stereo rig with the D style amp on one cab and the...
  18. A

Options for a marshall transplant....

Hey all! Happy Xmas all! I've just landed a broken Jcm 900 slx 50 watt head in great condition but it's broken... There are quite a few fried components on the pre amp board but apparently the tranny's and tubes are perfect... Now the SLX isn't particularly my cup of tea as I've also a DSL...
  19. A

Matchless Chieftain dimed?

Hey all, I've been listening to Extreme's Waiting for the punchline and Im aware thats its a vibroverb dimed with (possibly) a RAt up front boosting it... As the proud owner of a Matchless chieftain (ive a 1x12 and the 2x12 shell) im wondering how the amp will sound set up like that? Im...
  20. A

Les Paul question

If you has a cracking LPS (96) that had a pair of 57's in her and sounded great but.... Had a very well done Zakk Wylde bullseye paint job on it do you... Strip it natural. Or Relic the **** out of it so that only bits of the bullseye are left and really dirty the exposed wood up...
  21. A

Anyone using a Bogner blue for driving an old JMP?

Hi all, looking for thoughts on a bogner blue to use for high gain (80's stuff) through a 71 jmp (50 watt). Anybody here using one through a similar amp? Really like the look and features and more importantly the sound of the Bogner so ..... Ps using a closed back 2x12 cab fwiw.... Cheers!
  22. A

Back bound only telescope?

Hi folks, Does anybody know who makes a back bound only tele body? Would love to make a relic black esquire - anybody made one before? Any pics of exists ting ones would be great! Cheers.... Lol bloody iPad .... Guess you know now it's a telecaster and not a telescope. :)
  23. A

New Paul Gilbert album soon ;)

http://www.whd.co.jp/specials/detail/41 Probably august before a release... Cant wait ;) /OOMo90TTJ_c
  24. A

Joe Holmes Farmikos tracks out ;)

Just bought my copy of the new Farmikos tracks from cdbaby... Dont know how long its been out but it sounds tremendous...... Just a pity its not a full album ! Unbelievable playing from Joe (of course) and a great sounding selection... Check it out ;)
  25. A

If Yngwie had died in that car crash...

would we all be playing scalloped strats and Vintage marshalls??! But seriously, I love YJM and if he had died in that crash and just left us with his first 3 solo albums and his Alcatraz stuff would he be up there in popularity with Randy Rhoads etc?.... I think its a great debate that could...
Top Bottom