Search results

1. M

Power Conditioner? Guitar Noise in my Apartment - 60 Cycle Hum, Noise when rotating pots, etc.

Is there a power conditioner that will clean up the power in my apartment? It's an older building in NYC. In the basement my guitar doesn't get any 60 cycle hum, but in my studio apartment, it does...there are dimmers. Is there a way to remedy this? Or nothing that can be done? I've also...
  2. M

Micing a Wet Dry Wet Rig

About to receive my Komet Low Powered K60 Combo (1x12 G12-65 speaker). Planning on an Ambikab Jr when they are released for Stereo, Parallel Reverb and Delay. The Ambikab Jr will have 2x10" speakers. My question is in regards to recording / micing the amps. Since they are in separate boxes...
  3. M

OK now I have to choose between LoadBox/IRs or UA Plugins: what would you do?

After some experimentation this weekend, I decided to record my new album with the Suhr Reactive Load and IRs, specifically the ones from Celestion. I own a BAE1073 and wondering if I should use it in line between the Reactive Load and Interface, or if it's best to just go straight into the...
  4. M

Any IEMS better than this for the price? Westone UM3X RC Sale

So you prefer the AM Pro 30s to the UM3xs you're saying?
  5. M

Will the drummer love them even if he likes to hear a lot of guitar? Thanks for the info.
  6. M

Any other thoughts on the Westones vs Alclairs before I pull the trigger on the Westones?
  7. M

Thanks. The Westones do seem like a great deal; I am just now looking at custom Alclairs - the Dual XB - bit more expensive, and have tot get custom molds, but wondering if this will be the better investment in the long run. https://alclair.com/monitorshop/dualxb/ Any thoughts on this vs those...
  8. M

https://alclair.com/monitorshop/curvedual/ Anyone know about the Alclair? How do these compare to the Westone?
  9. M

Looking for some good IEMs around $200. Found these on Sweetwater. Any reviews or experience with these? Anything better around this price point? Worth spending a little more on something else? Looking to buy 2 pairs, one for a drummer and one for a guitarist...
  10. M

In Ear Monitors - Sales, Which Brand

64 Audio seems to be doing a 20% off sale. Looking to upgrade from my stock Shure earbuds that came with my in ear system. Any other companies worth looking at? Any other sales?
  11. M

Furman P-1800 AR For Guitar Amp and Pedals

Cool. So I think the P 1800 AR should be good to plug into the wall. Pedals directly into the 1800 AR. Brown Box into the 1800 AR. Amp Into the Brown Box. Seems like a good setup and don't see why I need the PF R as well in this case since I just use pedals and a 22 watt vintage amp.
  12. M

If I run the Brown Box (or in my case the Brownie as I use a 22 watt Deluxe Reverb), will I get any benefit from the 1800 AR for both pedals and amp? Or are you saying I would need the Brown Box into the PF R to get any benefit?
  13. M

Brown box looks great as I use an original 65 deluxe reverb. Which Furman do you use along with it? Brown box plugged into the Furman?
  14. M

If I kept my amp and pedals plugged into a Furman Pl Pro DMC and plugged that into the P 1800 AR, would I still get the benefit of voltage regulation? I don't want to keep the 1800 AR in my pedal rack due to the chance of proximity noise, but I can keep it in a second rack with my audio...
  15. M

Voltage Regulation Pedals and Tube Amps

I also saw the advice from a top pro on the HRI Forums (Lonnie) that in his opinions the Furmans can cause more problems/noise, and he said all you really need is a Hammond Power Strip (with an MOV/Surge Protection). Would this then be a suitable way to power my rack which contains an RJM Effect...
  16. M

Voltage Regulation Pedals and Tube Amps

Is there a cheaper option than a Furman P 1800 AR for voltage regulation for pluginng in some pedal boards and medium wattage tube amps (20-30 watt)? Want to ensure consistent tone when playing in various clubs, bars, outdoor festivals and protect my vintage tube amps. I think I saw some Tripp...
  17. M

If the P 1800 AR isn't optimal for amps, then I can't see the value in it. For my rig, an $850+ power conditioner that's only optimal for a few Voodoo Labs pedal powers seems overkill. I can't imagine having to invest even more into a second power conditioner for my guitar rig. Most pro guitar...
  18. M

I'm building a rack for my pedals and am looking into a power conditioner to plug in all my pedal power supplies (Voodoo Labs), and RJM Effect Gizmo, as well as my tube amps. Is the P-1800 AR overkill for a guitar rig? Most of the racks I see pros use do not use these or the more expensive...
  19. M

Noisy Rig at Gigs - Which Furman?

Didn't gig with the Furman yet as I'm still building my rack, though I believe the problem I'm having is mostly related to lights/dimmers and single coils I believe
  20. M

What do you guys think of the backplate system? I had another gig this weekend with noise from lights, and while I've gotten pretty good with my volume knob/volume pedal dealing with it, it's still annoying and takes me out of the zone. I am definitelly considering this system since it seems...
  21. M

Found a P-1800 AR used for $400 and went for it.
  22. M

Doesn't go away but is significantly reduced when not boosting with pedals. If the Furman won't do anything to combat this problem then it's not really worth it to me. Will just ride the volume
  23. M

Would the Furman P-1800 AR help with these issues at all? Expensive, but really would like to do everything I can do avoid these issues.
  24. M

62 Reissue Strat w/ Single Coils > Various Pedals all run off Isolated Voodoo Labs Power Supplies (Klon, Compressor, Germanium Drive, Delays,Wah, Trem, Whammy, etc.) > 65 Deluxe Reverb cranked up pretty loud.
  25. M

What would the Furman PL-PRO DMC do for me over a cheaper Furman? http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PLPRODMC?adpos=1o2&creative=54989263441&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CMTHxJ252ssCFRRZhgodXJwCjw
Top Bottom