Search results

1. Once Far Off

What solid state amps are you guys using these days?

I've had my Quilter Mach 3 for a couple of months now and I have to say I really love it. Takes pedals like a champ. My Pinnacle Deluxe into the Marshall channel is just a dream. And the clean sounds are fantastic.
  2. Once Far Off

What about for dirty?
  3. Once Far Off

Got my Quilter Aviator Mach 3 in yesterday. I have to say after messing with it for like an hour with my Les Paul I'm optimistic. The limiter control makes a huge difference.
  4. Once Far Off

Based on the recommendations in this thread and after a few weeks of watching various demos I pulled the trigger on a Quilter Aviator head. Should be here today. I'm looking forward to giving this a go. I've had a few SS amps early on and they all sucked but that was like 30 years ago. So here's...
  5. Once Far Off

I'm not bothered by it at all. I think it's extremely brave.
  6. Once Far Off

Cool story. 500 points.
  7. Once Far Off

I heard Dr Z amps are changing their entire brand image because they support the current thing. Stunning and brave.
  8. Once Far Off

Telecaster wiring question

I did this today and it worked perfectly. Thanks again.
  9. Once Far Off

Better than I had hoped for. Thank you!
  10. Once Far Off

Hello all. I am hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. I'm wanting to disconnect the tone control from the neck pickup only on my MIM telecaster. I've got the standard 3 way switch. I've got some basic soldering skills so I'm thinking I'll do it myself. The only thing is I'd really...
  11. Once Far Off

Noiseless Pickups Reviews

I bought some fender noiseless pups AND copper taped all the cavities. Quiet as a mouse now. They're a little dull sounding compared to other pups I've heard, but IMO the tradeoff is worth it.
  12. Once Far Off

Fuzzy Overdrives

Definitely. I thought we were just doing OD. I have both. They're fantastic.
  13. Once Far Off

Fuzzy Overdrives

Another vote for the Skreddy Screwdriver
  14. Once Far Off

What pedals have you bought in 2022?

I had to get off the GAS Merry go round a few years ago..I think I've maybe bought three pedals in the last 6-7 years. Anyway, I've been wanting a Scarab Deluxe for ages and finally got one for my birthday a few weeks ago.
  15. Once Far Off

Avoid LoopMaster loop pedals

I've had a couple of loop masters from a few years back, but after reading this thread, I just ordered from American Loopers and it got here in just over a week. I guess I'm an American Loopers kinda guy now...
  16. Once Far Off

This fuzz, wow, just wow, first Skreddy

Love Skreddy. I have had a Lunar Module and a Screwdriver for years.
  17. Once Far Off

Which Make And Model Pick Do You Use?

Dunlop Tortex .50 (red) for acoustic - took me ~20 years to find this pick. I'll never use another one. For electric I've been using the tortex 1.0 which is also good.
  18. Once Far Off

Your favourite 2x HB Guitar

I have an 89 LP Standard that I've had since it was new. That said, it's pretty dang heavy, I've been looking for something else with 2 humbuckers or maybe a 212 configuration.
  19. Once Far Off

Blue Jr version IV vs Princeton 68 Custom

I had a Blues Jr for a couple of years. It was ok for what I paid for it. I would go for almost any other fender amp before I got another one. YMMV
  20. Once Far Off

I want the Barber classics back!

I've had an original Tone Press for 6-7 years now and it has ended my search. Best compressor I've ever had or heard. I was out of the GAS game for a while and bummed to find out when I came back that the Trifecta is out of production. I guess I'll try the one that replaced it (name escapes me)...
  21. Once Far Off

Who's using a Marshall Origin for pedals?

I'm wondering the same thing. Following...
  22. Once Far Off

Helix: Is $500 worth it for scribble strips?

Just really looking into the Helix for the first time the past few days. I would probably go with the stomp just because of that expression pedal. Well, and the size. And the cost. But also the expression pedal. :p
  23. Once Far Off

Need advice for home setup (mic/iso cab)

Pssh. Terrible... Just kidding. That's the sickest setup ever!
  24. Once Far Off

Need advice for home setup (mic/iso cab)

What do you do about maintaining a speaker load on the different amps when they are not active? Or do you only power them one one at a time and use the switcher to keep from pulling cables?
Top Bottom