Search results

1. G

NGD: 2020 Antique Natural Gibson Flying V

Well, I bought it less than a week ago so close to the "NGD"! This is my first ever V, and I'm not a youngster but why F*&^ not? Got it 15 mins before closing on a deserted Tuesday night at GC, I never even plugged it in as it sounded great acoustically. 7lbs "even" including a leather...
  2. G

Trainwreck style amp with post amplifier pedal board

Here is a rig I recently came up with for running a pedal board with an original Trainwreck or self built Trainwreck Express clone. As we know these amps are not very pedal friendly due to the gain, but putting the effects post amplifier works well. I've done this for decades using a wet/dry...
  3. G

Follow up video w/slide 1989 Trainwreck Express & 1962 Gibson Les Paul SG

Just finished this short follow up video playing my 1962 Gibson "Ebony Block" Les Paul (SG) Standard. This time though it's plugged into a slightly later Ken Fischer built 1989 Trainwreck Express. This 1989 amp is a bit more aggressive and mid focused than my 1985, but this SG is a bit less mid...
  4. G

Follow up video w/slide 1962 Gibson Les Paul SG & 1989 Trainwreck Express

This is a short follow up to my other 1962 Gibson "Ebony Block" Les Paul SG video, but this one features some slide in standard tuning and some clean playing using both pickups together. For slide I played the bridge pickup with the tone rolled back just to fatten it up, then played the bridge...
  5. G

1962 "Ebony Block" Gibson Les Paul (SG) w/1985 Trainwreck Express

I also posted this in the amp video section, but this is a somewhat rare guitar so I thought a post here would also be of interest. Recently I revisited my youth of playing SGs and put together this new video. The guitar is a 100% original 1962 Gibson Les Paul Standard, made just before the...
  6. G

1985 Trainwreck Express w/1962 "Ebony Block" Gibson Les Paul (SG)

Recently I revisited my youth of playing SGs and put together this new video. The guitar is a 100% original 1962 Gibson Les Paul Standard, made just before the change to the SG name. This transitional era Les Paul/SG has the short lived but beautiful "Ebony Block" vibrola. The guitar has fully...
  7. G

My new "fly date" micro board...

After doing about 4 fly dates in a months time I recently built a new "fly date" pedal board with the following in this order electronically: Xotic SP compressor Hotone Lift (clean boost) Hotone Blues (overdrive) surprising good! TC Ditto (looper) Hotone Soul (volume pedal/wah) Lovepedal Echo...
  8. G

Nashville Number System Tips by GK

The Nashville Number System tips by GK I thought this might be of interest, and it appears there hasn't been many threads here on the subject. I've lived in Nashville now since 1998, and the "Nashville Number System" has changed the way I work and even think about music immensley. It is...
  9. G

A beginner level lesson on starting to play "lead" guitar

Though I've been teaching for over 30 years and have several popular demo type Youtubes (mostly on Trainwreck amps) here is my first instructional video. This centers around how most most rock (and country, blues, etc) rhythm players make that first venture into becoming lead players. The most...
  10. G

Original '85 Trainwreck Express blues session, lower gain grit...

Here is a demo I recently did where the singer/songwriter specifically wanted a SRV, Texas blues vibe. I'm on guitar, bass, keys, and I mixed it. Since so many of my Youtubes of these amps are quite higher gain I thought this might be of interest to players wondering how well these type amps can...
  11. G

Getting started with slide in standard tuning (video)

I just posted my first 3 instructional videos on Youtube. This video is an introduction to playing blues/rock slide in standard tuning. I love open tunings for slide, but it's quite convenient and practical to know how to get around a bit in standard tuning too. Thanks! GK 55-1TlHsU2I...
  12. G

1959 Fender Tweed Pro restoration, before & after pics!

After playing a gig overseas with the provided backline being a tweed bassman (well used LTD reissue actually) I had been on the search for an original but affordable bassman, or other x2 5881 tweed amp. The only way that was going to happen was to find one with plenty of issues and restore it...
  13. G

AxeFX II "Can You Hear It Ring? Trainwreck preset question...

I haven't actually played an AxeFX II unit, though I think there is a possibility I have influenced them on the preset "Can You Hear It Ring?". That is assuming this preset is based on the wrecker (Trainwreck) amp model. My instrumental CD (featuring Trainwreck amps) and popular Youtube demo...
  14. G

New GK video with '85 & '89 Trainwreck Express ('59LP & Strat)

New video up with two different eras of original Ken Fischer built Trainwreck Express amps. It's a long one (18 minutes+) but I wanted to give a good taste of both amps with both the Les Paul & Strat. NO pedals used, no EQ or dynamic compression applied, just a touch of reverb added during mix...
  15. G

New Timeline firmware "killdry" function BUG, can others confirm?

The new firmware for the Timeline adds a "killdry" function, but it only seems to partially work. This new feature is essential for folks wanting to use the unit in a parallel effects loop, or parallel wet/dry rig. Killdry should totally mute the dry signal both when ON and when BYPASSED/OFF...
  16. G

Could someone confirm the Timeline "killdry" function for me?

I have a wet/dry rig, and would like to use a Timeline if the new "Killdry" parameter functions as it should. Today Mar. 1st, 2012 a local store got in some new Timelines, so I cancelled the one I had on pre-order and ran down to try out a new unit in person. I'm assuming the new Timelines they...
  17. G

New Glen Kuykendall Trainwreck amp clip w/1959 Les Paul, 1989 Express

Many years ago I was in the studio and we recorded this improvised track with me on bass and Erin Conley on drums, but I never got around to overdubing any guitar to it. Finally (well over a decade later) I revisited the analog tapes and came up with a single guitar part with alot of slide. The...
  18. G

Amps submerged for days, tips on salvage?

As you know in Nashville there was MAJOR flooding. Soundcheck a huge storage and rehersal facility for the studio and live touring pros is still under water, and estimates put the gear loss at many millions. We are talking gear owned by folks like Vince Gil, Keith Urban, Brad Paisley, Brent...
  19. G

Trainwreck Express on full band cover tune demo

For tonal comparisons I know most of you have seen my Youtube clips and/or heard my CD of original music. However I've hardly ever posted clips playing traditional cover tunes through these amps. I thought folks here might be interested in hearing some standard cover band stuff using this type...
  20. G

Video interview with Ken Fischer of "Trainwreck Circuits"

Back on June 6, 1992 my good friend Nigel Brewer had the foresight to interview the now late Ken Fischer at "Trainwreck Circuits" headquarters (Ken's basement amp workshop) in New Jersey. The full interview was edited down into 3 parts, and was originally shown on Nigel's "Rock Study" cable TV...
  21. G

Thanks for the "Trainwreck Room" at the '09 Nashville Amp Expo!

The "Trainwreck Amp" room at the '09 Nashville Amp Expo was a blast! The whole show was run like a well oiled machine, totally professional, smooth, and fun. I want to thank Sarge, Tommy, and Barry for making it happen on all levels pun intended. On a personal note thank you to all those that...
  22. G

So, GK's Trainwreck clones walked into a bar...

Folks have seen my Youtube videos and heard my CD over the last few years with my original Trainwrecks. However needing an amp I could use for bar gigs in sometimes the lowest of god awful places brought the desire to build a pair of Express clones for my own use. I don't build amps per se for...
  23. G

NEW: "Talking shop" w/ 59' Burst + Trainwreck amp by GK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc3Xi6aAG80
  24. G

Trainwreck amp videos, & working the guitar knobs...

Many folks here have already have seen my Youtube "Trainwreck amp" videos, and I've truly appreciated your comments over the years. All of my TW videos and my instrumental CD are straight guitar>amp>cab with NO pedals. However (funny as it is to me) it seems that almost weekly someone comments...
  25. G

Original Trainwreck Liverpool cranked up w/LP

I just dug this old video out of the tape drawer... A friend of mine Nigel Brewer (student of mine back in the early 80s) once had a local cable TV show called "ROCK STUDY" in 1992. In this segment I'm interviewed and play the '59 burst into a '91 Trainwreck Liverpool amp out to a single 1x12...
Top Bottom