Search results

1. ducker 1

Any one using Wilkinson tremolos ?

I have a Wilkinson "style trem" on my Ibanez RS 1000 --I like it.
  2. ducker 1

That feeling when you have nice guitar, but crappy amps/effects due to living an apartment

I love the responses---SPEND MONEY LOL, and Money is easier than Talent and Ability.--LOLZ
  3. ducker 1

That feeling when you have nice guitar, but crappy amps/effects due to living an apartment

some of what I hear on this topic is that you cant get great sound at TV volumes????? HOGWASH.
  4. ducker 1

I live in an apt and I have 2 Rivera's, 2 Peavey"s ,ADA MP1 classic and 2- 2 2/12 cabs I turn down and then turn up when the neighbors are gone. I also have a pretty great pedal board. I also still have my rack from the 80s LOL
  5. ducker 1

Amps you regret buying

It cost me $1400 total to buy and repair -even with warranty
  6. ducker 1

Amps you regret buying

Marshall DSL 40c
  7. ducker 1

NGD: 1975 Ibanez "Destroyer"

I remember when those came out and a Friend of mine bought one. I thought it sounded and played better than my 73 LP Custom.
  8. ducker 1

Gibson = Dad Rock? Has Gibson miscalculated for the future?

I own an Epi inspired by Gibson LP Standard played better than the $2600 Gibson--rear pickup is a bit bright and will change it with a Duncan. Everything else is very good for $649. Just for reference I own 4 Gibson's
  9. ducker 1

Gibson price increase

Gibson make great headstocks, I know because I own 4. Ibanez makes a better guitar though, I know because I own 8.
  10. ducker 1

Diverse cover gig - do you go for one clean channel and drives or a multi channel amp?

Clean-warm overdrive and a heavy crunch = done
  11. ducker 1

Let's hear your steal of a deal stories!

The 2005 Les Paul Standard 5a top used (in my avi)for $1250 in perfect condition back in 2018.
  12. ducker 1

What is the greatest guitar you've ever had the honor of playing?

Back in 91 I played a 59 amber flame top Les Paul at Guitar Crazy in Portland-at that time the price was $68,000 and was eventually sold to Ron Wood of the Stones. Not to be confused with the one I have in my avi.
  13. ducker 1

The scooped mids rhythm guitar sound of 'Beat It' (1982)

According to Rivera's web site it was infact Luke's modded Fender Rivera Deluxe. That amp was re issued by Sweetwater a few years back and they talked about it being used on the Beat It track.
  14. ducker 1

How would you Describe American Vs British Medium Gain Tones

when it comes to those tones its really as much or more about the speakers.
  15. ducker 1

Rivera Venus Recording - any impressions?

You should check out Doug Bossi's demo on the Rivera facebook page--maybe the best amp Ive ever heard
  16. ducker 1

Best Rock band of the 70s=AC/DC. Fight me.

Dont forget that from 73 to 75 Alice Cooper band was the biggest band as far as concert attendance goes
  17. ducker 1

Best looking amps ever

https://gear-vault.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/rivera-venus-54.jpg
  18. ducker 1

Fripp is back at it. And I have to say...

quite binipular
  19. ducker 1

Middle aged men playing punk.

Alice can now sing Im 80
  20. ducker 1

Artists who always have smoking hot backing bands

Some will laugh but Im going to say Three Dog Night
  21. ducker 1

Ethics of selling guitars with Floyd Rose

one thing that newer or inexperienced trem players dont do is ---STRETCH those strings
  22. ducker 1

Ethics of selling guitars with Floyd Rose

I have Ibanez Edge's ,Pro Rocker, Power Rocker and Kaehler Trems , all stay in tune very well. My Bigsby --well LOL
  23. ducker 1

Leslie West Gravely Ill On Ventilator

To me--growing up in the 70s there were 2 unmistakable guitars solos--Whole Lotta Love and Mississippi Queen---RIP Leslie West.:(
  24. ducker 1

What is the best Combo amp for all around gigging clubs

the best--for what, when,who?????--there is no best only different. take a listen to a bunch and decide for yourself
Top Bottom