Search results

1. BadAssBill

FS Wampler Plexi Mini and Dunlop Mini 535Q Wah auto return

Up for sale is a Wampler Mini Plex. I bought it new...comes with bag, stickers etc. Like new condition. Super versatile Plexi in a box, just didn't give me anything different than what I already have. 110 pay pal and shipped. Dunlop Mini 535Q auto return wah, I bought it new (was a demo...
  2. BadAssBill

that feeling...when you decide to buy vintage....

I was in a large vintage store in Atlanta, Big House....shout out. What a great store and bunch of guys. I was there looking for a mini wah, of all things. GC didn't have any and I'm half looking for "something". Oh look...here is a 64 SG with P90's. It's player grade...holes where the...
  3. BadAssBill

John Oates and Guthrie Trapp....acoustic.

This is some of the finest acoustic music I've heard in a bit. If you have a half hour, this is some good stuff right here. No G/C/D stuff....very melodic and wonderfully written music.
  4. BadAssBill

I need some help with a strat, please...

My first real guitar, Lake Placid Blue, 1993 strat. I cut my teeth on it with everything form SRV to Angus riffs....then I discovered the telecaster and it's sat since. Well, many years later...I'm playing some clapton, SRV songs and I pulled her out of the closet. I leveled the neck, setup...
  5. BadAssBill

Songs with amazing harmonies/background singers...

I've been listening to this song for a long time, recently found the studio version. I was amazed by the background singer. I sent it to a buddy who I swap music with...he revealed to me that it's Lady Gaga. It's refreshing when the musicians/vocalists are allowed to let loose. And then...
  6. BadAssBill

When your solo is better than the originals...

It doesn't happen all the time, I'm mostly a "note for note" guy when I learn cover songs. Once in a while though....I let the horses run and out of those fences...and I feel like I come up with better solos than the originals. I watch Uncle Larry...I don't have any illusions of being a great...
  7. BadAssBill

Does vintage McIntosh sound good with modern speakers?

Thanks for reading. On my Hi Fi journey I've come to the conclusion that I can't ask a low level Denon surround sound reciever to do both music and 5.1 optimally. To get the best of both, I'm going to need two seperate systems. I feel like the Denon does 5.1 wonderfully but does not excel at...
  8. BadAssBill

Tallapoosa, GA 12/31 - The Possum Drop

This will be my first full live gig in nearly 2 years and our first with my new band. If you're near Tallapoosa we will be playing from 6 - 8:30 pmish, opening up for a Skynyrd Tribute band that takes us home to midnight. We country with some Alan Jackson, Brooks and Dunn, Haggard, Brooks and...
  9. BadAssBill

How is your 2022 looking band/gig wise?

My last band stopped for a total of 6 weeks during covid after a year of non stop gigs prior to covid. I decided to hang it up for a bit and remember what it was like to have a full weekend without gigging. Fast forward to a month ago, I put an ad up looking to play out once a month. A guy...
  10. BadAssBill

Tube question, do I need to bias?

I recently bought a used z wreck jr from guitar center, they go like hotcakes new around here and I couldn't seem to locate one new. The amp was 2.5 hours away, so I had them ship it to the local GC. I pick it up....go home to try it out and the only tubes it has in it are the pre-amp tubes...
  11. BadAssBill

Your Home Theater Receiver that also does great Stereo?

I've learned a whole lot over the last year or so. My journey has led me to believe that a Home Theater Reciever/Preamp is my next purchase. I have a Denon and it does HT very well, but does not have as much warmth and separation as I would like. Other systems I've heard sound like the band...
  12. BadAssBill

The songs you use to test system performance and clarity.

I started looking at equipment reviews just to see what songs are used to test various pieces of equipment. I think a lot of folks use floyd, Diana K, etc. I recently added an amp to my system so Im trying to test it. I use things I'm used to like Dave Brubaker, Dragon Attack by Queen, Bill...
  13. BadAssBill

Can I add a 2 channel amp to my Denon?

Hello Everyone, Like anything, I'm trying to improve my system. I primarily use it for home theater, but do love to play music through in stereo. I made the mistake of listening to a buddy's Mcintosh system with high end B&W's...and have been haunted since. I feel like my home theater sounds...
  14. BadAssBill

6 months with the BlueSound 2i Vault DAC

Thought I'd do a quick review for this device since I've had it a while now. What is it? It's a DAC with a 2 TB drive that wlll rip CD's to an internal hard drive. It's controlled via a phone or tablet app. Why I bought it. I needed a DAC, but I also have 350 CD's in a massive 400 CD...
  15. BadAssBill

Ever want to learn a song not in your wheelhouse?

I've been playing mostly country for the last 10 years with a little bit of everything before that. About 6 months ago I woke up and wanted to learn the intro to I Remember you. This morning...it was It's Not Love by Dokken. Both were songs of my youth but no idea why I would want to learn...
  16. BadAssBill

When you can put a smile on Jerry Douglas's face you're not Fing around any more

So beatifully done. When you can bring a smile to a vetran like Jerry it's pretty special. bonus track:
  17. BadAssBill

Who is playing/gigging with a Z Therapy?

As things open up I'm thinking of jumping back into the pool with a new amp. I had to sell my Zwreck because of financial reasons and may take a left turn. One of the amps that came up on my radar is a therapy. I usually have two amps...one for small/medium gigs, which is my SFDR. I also...
  18. BadAssBill

Tedeschi Trucks redoing The Layla Sessions...

I've heard them doing a number of these songs over the years....they're just making official I guess. I'm excited...the band is just so tight. The original Layla Sessions is probably my favorite album of all time. Info and Why Does Love....full song released early: enjoy
  19. BadAssBill

My band has figured out a way to make 1k+ at dive bar gigs.

I'm sure we're not the first band to do this, but thought I'd share it since it's really working well for us. Just before covid, we were gigging 3 - 4 times per month...some of them higher end places....some of them dive bars. We have an incredible singer who can work a crowd, a very good band...
  20. BadAssBill

What is the next evolution in speaker/monitor tech?

I see that over time more speakers have the ability to tweak settings based on vocals, band, monitor, etc....since I've not been looking at speakers in a while I thought I'd see what people are seeing. Is there something cool or interesting coming? I thought that when boards went digital so...
  21. BadAssBill

Post Malone covers Sturgill Simpson...with Dwight Yokams band...

In todays WTF section....if I was in the crowd, I'd tip em.... fo sho.... https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/post-malone-covers-sturgill-simpson-w-dwight-yoakams-band/ I'm gonna miss her...
  22. BadAssBill

New Speaker Day...B&W 702 S2.

Over the weekend I broke down and bought the Bowers & Wilkins 702 S2 floorstanding speakers with the center channel, the HTM71 S2. The center channel was on back order, but should be here Friday. The folks at Magnolia made an offer I couldn't refuse...
  23. BadAssBill

What was the most diverse album ever made?

I submit that Queen's News of the World is. I've often thought this album was an epic journey, but over the weekend I really sat down and listened to the whole thing. Queen's News of the World is a Marvel. All with amazing vocals, harmonies, drums and bass lines. Not only are the styles all...
  24. BadAssBill

3 minute chickin pickin lesson for begining of Vince Gill's One More Last Chance

Not sure how many pickers we have here...but thought I'd post this. I try to keep the lessons short and digestible. Enjoy if you like Vince....it's just the beginning lick really. bit I may do more later...
  25. BadAssBill

What the pros have figured out about vintage gear, that much of TGP hasn't....

There are so many threads about vintage gear being this or that....not worth this...it's silly....a rabbit hole. However, nearly every Rig Rundown you see has a piece of guitar that is super special to the artist that is vintage but had a removed bigsby, was refinished, drug behind a truck...
Top Bottom