Search results

1. Adagietto

Cioks DC7 - How hot is too hot?

I should have started by agreeing that getting the board off the carpet is a free and easy experiment.
  2. Adagietto

From the image in the OP, the supply itself doesn't appear to be on the carpet. The clearance could be increased, but there already is some. The GRIP is US$20.
  3. Adagietto

I wonder if mounting the DC7 via a CIOKS GRIP clamp to the Metro might cool things down via increased thermal conduction.
  4. Adagietto

Rotary Pedals With Remote Switch: Any I missing any?

The Neo Ventilator II can be controlled remotely. The speed and brake can be switched over a TRS cable AFAIK. Alternately, it can take an expression pedal.
  5. Adagietto

I know this is TGP, but is having 5 OD pedals excessive and silly?

Five is a good number. Whatever one wants or needs is a good number. Presently on my board are an OD, two AIAB pedals, a klone, a fuzz, and a clean boost. That's just barely enough, but it's limited by board size.
  6. Adagietto

Which type of pedals work best daisy chained?

Yes. What I'm calling dirt are typical analog OD, distortion, fuzz, and boost pedals.
  7. Adagietto

Which type of pedals work best daisy chained?

Daisy chaining analog dirt, as already mentioned, has almost always worked for me (with the occasional exception of something such as positive ground fuzz). When mixing different types of pedals on a single tap, some combos work and some don't. Your CS7 is more than big enough. If you put all...
  8. Adagietto

Gibson sues Heritage

Martin D-28 Bigsby (not mine)
  9. Adagietto

Let's see your headphone rigs

Good points. It's worthwhile to try different products to see what works for ones intended application. For me, when practicing guitar, long-term comfort is paramount. Slight euphonic deviations aren't an issue. They may even be irrelevant. Or they might be preferred over ruthless accuracy. That...
  10. Adagietto

Headphone disclosure: Per comments above, I'm presently using Sennheiser HD 579s. For various reasons, I prefer open-backed headphones designed for music listening when I practice. They're comfortable for hours, I don't want isolation, and they sound good. Also, they're not too expensive (in the...
  11. Adagietto

Noiseless P-90 - Kinman or Mojotone?

Please let us know how the Mojotones work out for you.
  12. Adagietto

Who wears the trousers in your relationship with pedals - you or your power supply?

That's quite a leap. I went from a PP2+ to a Zuma and it was like jumping forward 50 years. FWIW I like the DC7 better than the Zuma.
  13. Adagietto

Who wears the trousers in your relationship with pedals - you or your power supply?

I let power supplies dictate things for far too long. That was partly because I'm thrifty and partly because I didn't care for most available upgrades. When the switching supplies got sufficiently advanced, I got a Zuma. When I built a bass board last year, it got a CIOKS DC7. While not...
  14. Adagietto

For quiet practice, I just unplug my 2x12. Not pictured: full pedalboard, headphones. Note that the amp also can be turned down to "baby sleeping" volumes, but that's no fun (not because of any shortcoming of the amp).
  15. Adagietto

The main differences between a Tele and a Strat

One difference with Jerry AFAIK is that he used humbuckers in the middle (and bridge). This may have started with Wolf, then continued from there on out. Maybe it started with the Strats he was playing prior. I've never really followed the gear, but I think Jerry was playing an SG when I first...
  16. Adagietto

Noiseless P-90 - Kinman or Mojotone?

Ouch! Not good. About 10 years ago I was interested in Kinman P-90s. Their dimensional and application drawings were unclear, and I couldn't get a straight answer on required rout depth from their CS guy, so I got some Fralins. I hope the Mojotones work well for you. They're at the top of my...
  17. Adagietto

Amp in a box vs. Traditional gain pedals

My favorite dirt pedals tend to be JFET designs. I just like the way that they sound and feel, along with the playing dynamics. Examples that I have include Wampler's Tweed '57 and Black '65, Catalinbread's SFT, and Lumpy's M-24 and Jelly Roll/Class A. Unfortunately, only the SFT still is in...
  18. Adagietto

The main differences between a Tele and a Strat

Yep. My Baja Tele does that, albeit with a 4-way plus S1 switch. The bridge & neck in series, in phase, is a handy secret weapon. I like all six sounds, although the two OOP positions get used the least. What I haven't seen mentioned yet is the Strat middle position. I may be in the minority...
  19. Adagietto

Why is guitar standard tuning kind of at odds with most horns / woodwinds?

It's due to the octave. Guitar is pitched differently than it is notated, so it meets the definition. It's a special case, but not the only one.
  20. Adagietto

Why is guitar standard tuning kind of at odds with most horns / woodwinds?

Guitar also is a transposing instrument. ;)
  21. Adagietto

New OD pedal from Earthquaker Devices; Special Cranker

Good point re: RTFM. I did after you posted this. Been running the tone ~2:00 without realizing it also boosts. I now see that the SC will take up to 18V. That should lower the minimum gain, so I intend to try 18V when I get the chance (they way I've got things wired, I can't just flip a switch).
  22. Adagietto

Please help: my pedal board is messing with my tone even when turned off

That's exactly what I do. I have a Buffer+ on each of two boards, have been using them since they first came, and would immediately get another if one failed. My first Buffer+ is working fine after ~10 years of daily use. The mute button gets constant use. That and the tuner output allow me to...
  23. Adagietto

New OD pedal from Earthquaker Devices; Special Cranker

My Special Cranker showed up two days ago. I thought I'd share my initial impressions. Basically, I like it. It sounds enough like my memories of the Speaker Cranker. It's interesting in it's almost like two layers of distortion are going on. There's bite in the treble while there seems to be...
  24. Adagietto

What one guitar do you own that isn't modified.

My Reverend Decision P (P/J) bass is not modified. All my ~12 electric guitars, 3 acoustics, and one other bass are — even if it's just upgraded tuners or other minor things. Personalization is part of ownership and optimization for ones use.
  25. Adagietto

Way Huge Echo-Puss - EDIT - run at 18v?

I also use delay for just a little ambience. Tap isn't really necessary, but I'll use it if it's there. Slap, medium, and longer are my general selections. The Echo-Puss works nicely for that. The Nemesis is great, and I was part of the crowd waiting for a year for it to be released. I...
Top Bottom