Search results

1. wraub

Safety Orange/white guitars?

2. wraub

Anyone ever buy a guitar from Walmart?? Experiences...

You can get a guitar, some salsa, some underwear and a lawn chair... Talk about a holiday weekend!
  3. wraub

A clownburst to end all clownbursts

Ah, the rare Fox Pike.
  4. wraub

How have your music and gear tastes changed since you’ve been a TGP member?

When I came to TGP I had one guitar. Now, I have five guitars and parts for two others. Thanks, TGP!
  5. wraub

How About Some Ibanez Love - Most Underrated? Let’s See Yours

My Musician was an amazing bass, a factory fretless, DS940. I've thought about replacing it but the pricing and the age of the electronics are putting me off- mostly the pricing, tbh. I understand it, i just can't afford it. ;) The Roadstar IIs I have are unusual in that they're five strings...
  6. wraub

I have two atm, both Roadstar II basses, both five string, both from '85. I used to have a Musician bass, still miss it.
  7. wraub

Chalk me up as another Ibanez fan. There's some fun stuff in this thread.
  8. wraub

NGD - Fender Custom Shop Tele - not your average Telecaster

Looks good, great color too. Enjoy. :)
  9. wraub

Who makes headless bodies?

10. wraub

PRS chose death instead of being desecrated by speedmetal

Wood glue used to be better.
  11. wraub

'Coolest' guitar that you own

I always operate under the premise that nothing about me is, would, or could be cool. Then I relax and play some of my guitars, which all look pretty sweet.
  12. wraub

Your favorite budget strat pickups?

When I got my main Strat, used, I figured I'd just live with the pickups in it before I made any changes. After a while of thinking they sounded really good at all settings, I relented and opened up the guitar to determine what were these really amazing, balanced and just good sounding pickups...
  13. wraub

Replacement neck vs de-fret to make a fretted guitar into a fretless guitar

On the fretted bass I made fretless, I used a fret puller to remove the frets and then replaced the frets with maple, which contrasts well with the ebony 'board on that bass. It's held up well for over 20 years. I used simple wood glue, then when dry I used a sharp chisel to pare the maple...
  14. wraub

Replacement neck vs de-fret to make a fretted guitar into a fretless guitar

I de-fretted a Squier Strat neck about a decade ago, it's held up okay. I played only a fretless bass for a long time, and de-fretted a 24 fret Ibanez bass before I did the guitar neck. If you do it, look into compression fretting and how removing frets can affect the curve of the neck. It's...
  15. wraub

The Low-Cost 335 Thing Is Outta Control

Here's Liam Gallagher's smashed 355-
  16. wraub

Strat Re-fret cost?

Thanks all, for the answers so far. Good info here.
  17. wraub

Strat Re-fret cost?

Sure. A comparison of pricing for ss and nickel could be good.
  18. wraub

Strat Re-fret cost?

I have a RW 'board Strat that needs a re-fret. 21 frets, looking for nickel not SS. What's a typical price?
  19. wraub

How Many Stratocasters Do You Own?

I have four, and parts for another in the works. All are Strats but all feel and sound different enough that they're still here.
  20. wraub

Does the current state of the economy mean Fender and Gibson are going into a new dark age?

I can imagine Gibson becoming more like Ric, making fewer models and increasing demand for their instruments. I can imagine Fender cutting a model line or two. I can imagine both companies, and others, continuing to raise prices. But, I could be imagining things.
  21. wraub

Rescued Les Paul!

Not the real thing, but an incredible simulation!
  22. wraub

Rescued Les Paul!

Elvis has left the guitar.
  23. wraub

Stainless Steel Fret Convert

My main Strat has amazingly flat frets and needs new ones. but I think I need to play a couple guitars with SS frets for comparison- haven't played any, so don't know pros/cons for myself. Otherwise I'll probably stay with trad fret material, I don't play that hard.
  24. wraub

Rescued Les Paul!

A definite improvement over what was on there.
  25. wraub

That feeling when you have nice guitar, but crappy amps/effects due to living an apartment

I have a Katana 50 and find the scalable output to be super helpful when volume is a concern- although it's kind of amazing how loud .5 of a watt can be. :D
Top Bottom