Search results

1. pulse.

How do/did you transport a Power Station? Power Station carry bag decent?

I use the Fryette bag with no issues for more than a couple of years. Really sturdy and well made IMO
  2. pulse.

Pedals For BlackFace Bassman

For more than 4-5 years I pair my 67 Bassman with a Crazy Tube Circuits White Whale for a true spring reverb and analog tremolo. Couldn’t be happier.
  3. pulse.

Hiwatt DR103 Owners: school me on tubes

On my '77 Dr103 I have vintage Mullards on preamp section and a quad of Tesla's on power amp section. I couldn't be happier.
  4. pulse.

Duane Allman’s Fillmore East Marshall clone

From what I have read he was mixing greenbacks with cerwin vegas for his live sound. Dickey was using JBLs with his superleads
  5. pulse.

Hiwatt amps are more mid-scooped than Fender blackface?

My 77 Dr103 througha hiwatt cab with purple fanes is probably the most flat frequency wise amp I have heard. The eq section is super powerful.
  6. pulse.

Duane Allman’s Fillmore East Marshall clone

Duane - 50w bass circuit Dickey - 100w lead circuit
  7. pulse.

Another speaker question - High wattage G12M 25

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, I have to listen some clips I guess. I'll be back with some thoughts.
  8. pulse.

I wish I had the space for that
  9. pulse.

Scumback speakers here in EU are really hard to find and when you find them are really pricey. The creambacks sound very different to my ears, they lack those highs that are crucial for the classic greenback sound. There’s a video comparison Metropoulos did some years ago, and to my ears the...
  10. pulse.

My question is pretty simple. I love the sound of my Chinese reissues G12M 25 watts. A while ago I bought a 1959HW that my tech modded to superbass specs. My cab is a 2061cx with two G12M speakers rating 50 watts and I always use a Fryette Power Station. Which is the closest sounding speaker to...
  11. pulse.

1986, JTM50, Early Spec 1959 or JTM45/100..........

Wizz makes the best humbuckers I have ever tried.
  12. pulse.

The Amp Guts Appreciation Thread PART 2 ! !

Is this a Traynor? It looks super bassy, isn't it?
  13. pulse.

With my second daughter arriving in a couple of days clips aren't an option at the moment!
  14. pulse.

Here are some gut pics, I 'll try some NOS Mullards on the preamp section out of curiosity when I find the time.
  15. pulse.

A while ago I got a 1959HW that it went straight to my tech to convert it to superbass specs, with Sozo caps and Merren OT. I received it yesterday and I'm blown away! My first Marshall and it's better than I expected. I might need another cab as my 2061 looks like it's pushed to it's limits...
  16. pulse.

Massive EL34 tube shootout!

I'm curious if pre winged C Svetlanas sound any different with the later winged Cs ones.
  17. pulse.

Massive EL34 tube shootout!

Great video, very interesting results.
  18. pulse.

The Amp Guts Appreciation Thread PART 2 ! !

My 67 Bassman, probably the last amp I'll sell.
  19. pulse.

Merren transformers

Just an update, I managed to get in touch with Chris, my OT will be shipped in a week or so! Can't wait.
  20. pulse.

derek trucks and his current amps

He's not using in ears or any other monitors so with a 12 piece band I'm sure that the 40 watts of the SR aren't enough. Anyway I'm sure he knows better than most of us what's best for him. :)
  21. pulse.

Lately he's always on his bridge pickup too
  22. pulse.

The Bassman Bunch!!!

I have the amp for a decade now and it was serviced right after I got it. Dog house was cleaned then.
  23. pulse.

I believe that they are modded by alessandro and it looked like a dripedge twin
  24. pulse.

The Bassman Bunch!!!

I opened my 67 bassman today to take a look and everything look just fine!
  25. pulse.

Merren transformers

thanks mate
Top Bottom