Search results

1. alguit

Sold Lovepedal Vibronaut

Image by alguit posted Feb 28, 2017 at 9:23 PMImage by alguit posted Feb 28, 2017 at 9:23 PMImage by alguit posted Feb 28, 2017 at 9:22 PMImage by alguit posted Feb 27, 2017 at 11:19 AM Kingsley Minstrel, V2 - Sold Lovepedal Vibronaut- $145 Vertex Dynamic Distortion- sold No trades, thank you...
  2. alguit

Skreddy Major Overdrive

Great new OD from Marc Ahlfs/Skreddy Pedals. The Major Overdrive. 70's classic rock tones as good as I've heard. Goes from light breakup to thick, compressed lead tones. I have/have had many overdrives, from TS's to an original Klon, and this has won me over big time! Played mine for hours...
  3. alguit

EH Lester G

I had a chance to use the Lester G this weekend live, and I was mightily impressed. I owned a Ventilator II and other makes before this, and to my ears (and the bands and the sound crew), the Lester best nailed the tones of a swirling and churning Leslie. I know there are diehard Vent fans, but...
  4. alguit

What a difference a speaker change made in overdrive pedal sounds

Last night, I remembered that I had an Eminence EJ Alnico speaker sitting around, pulled from an amp I had sold a year ago. I decided to pop it into my Allen V18, essentially a Princetone-type amp accomodating a 12" speaker. I bought it used here on TGP, and there was an Eminence Cannabis Rex...
  5. alguit

need a referral for cable repairs

Hi, Unfortuntately, my habit of sitting on the couch practising has ruined the ends of some of my nice cables: Klotz, Evidence, etc. They crackle when moved or make no sound at all anymore. I'm hoping that some of you can recommend to me people who fix them at a reasonable cost...
  6. alguit

NPD- Cornell Overdrive Special

I picked this up super cheap on Ebay. It arrived today, and I played a PRS Starla and an EJ Strat through it into my Louis Electric Baby Bluesbreaker-as I had read online, this pedal provides fat, fat tones-two channels and a boost feature that takes both into high-gain territory. It has only a...
  7. alguit

Weehbo JCM Drive

I know there's been a thread on the Anniversary model, apparently with more gain, but I want to share my experience so far with the regular version (and a non-relic one): I can hardly believe how well this small pedal evokes the tones and even some of the tactile response of older Marshall...
  8. alguit

Greer Lightspeed OD pedal

I've been enjoying this overdrive for a little bit, now-great low-to-medium gain and a sweet midrange, crisp top end and fuller bottom than some pedals without getting muddy. Love it with Strats, and does its thing so well that I can justify having it and a Timmy around. Well, at Thursday's...
  9. alguit

a challenge to pedal builders- bring me Ritchie Blackmore in a box!

a challenge to my pedal-building FB friends: build a pedal that nails Ritchie Blackmore's "Machine Head"-era tone, and you shall become rich beyond your wildest dreams! ...well, maybe not rich, but I'd probably pay up to $250 for such a pedal... :) NOT his "In Rock" or even "Fireball"...
  10. alguit

why I just deleted the thread about the amp up for auction with repeated watchers...

The auction picked up another watcher, and I didn't want people to think that I used it to try and help promote a sale-I don't work that way, ethically. After a rough start, though, I just wanted to point out that some of the posters really answered the question I asked about why folks would...
  11. alguit

DMBL into my Super Champ x2...

...is mini-Dumble-y tone from Heaven! My goodness, I plugged my Big Tex tele into the Mojo Hand into the Super Champ set to the 65 Deluxe setting, the mildest breakup if hit hard, and I wish I could make a good recording for you all to hear-it's thick, with that Dumble spongy-yet-snarling...
  12. alguit

Falling in love again...Allesandro Doberman!

For over two years, I had loaned this out to a friend. I brought it home the other day, thinking about selling it, but I rebiased the power tubes and put in some ANOS pre-amp tubes, RCA and Mullard, and this amp is not going anywhere! Bold, steely tones, a real difference to be had between the...
  13. alguit

Big praise to Mojo Hand!

A little while back I had purchased a Rook Royale from someone on ebay. Loved the overdrive, of course, but I thought the boost side was excessively noisy. I contacted Brad at Mojo Hand, and he said to send it and they would check it out. He stayed in contact with me, and finally said that...
  14. alguit

Mojo Hand, taking over my pedalboard!

I'm working on yet again reconfiguring my pedalboard, and when it came to lining up a vibe, overdrives and a fuzz, I found myself staring at four pedals all from the same company, Mojo Hand! Not since EQD have I been so bowled over by one builder knocking it out of the park over and over. I'll...
  15. alguit

a little more praise for Paul Cochrane and the Timmy!

I bought a Timmy here on TGP and was enjoying it greatly but noticed at a gig that it was much noisier than my other od pedals. I called Paul, had a nice chat, and he said to send it off to him. It came back a little over a week later, extremely quiet, and I understand better than ever why...
  16. alguit

Klein Pickups- 1954 Epic Series!

I once bought a partscaster here on TGP (a not-greatly built and finished one, btw), and the one part that impressed me, and did so greatly, was the set of Klein pickups on it. They had a tone that I usually don't hear on newer pickups, a real vintage kind of sweetness. Recently, I've been...
  17. alguit

NPD-Bob Burt Overdrive!

I won't go into the list of all the overdrives I've owned...it's pretty extensive, even by TGP standars. I WILL say that after over five hours of playing with the Bob Burt OD with Strats and Teles and a PRS Starla into my Louis Electric Deluxe Buster, I may have a new favorite od! My Airolex...
  18. alguit

NPD- EH Glove OD

Everyone, I'm not going to write, "for the money, one cannot go wrong with this overdrive..." I'm not going to write, "it's better than one might expect in an OD from EH..." I AM going to write that I am very, very impressed with the Glove OD! It came today, and I spent about 90 minutes...
  19. alguit

Tru-Arc aluminum bridge for my Gretsch Setzer Hot Rod

Boy howdy, am I glad I put this baby on today! The guitar came years ago with the stock Tune-o-matic-style bridge, and I was ok with it, but the fact that its 12' radius clearly didn't match the 9.5" of the Setzer bugged me. Recently, I found some threads on the Tru-Arc bridges and finally...
  20. alguit

New Pick Day! Clayton Protein pick and Clayton ZZ-Zinc

Hi everyone, I wanted to share some thoughts and feelings on these new (to me) picks, that tiny part of our tone chain that can have an enormous impact. I wanted to try the Clayton Protein Pick because I love the Red Bears but cannot always easily afford them, and the Claytons are at least...
  21. alguit

Pure 64 1x12 cab-yowzah!

Bought here on the Emporium (thanks, Eric, and all the best in dealing with that CO flooding!). Expensive, yes, and I know some people have, in previous threads, gone off on the price-even I first rolled my eyes a bit when going to the website and seeing the cost. However, it truly was...
  22. alguit

NPD- Diamond Cornerstone

After having picked up an Airalex HALO, I foolishly thought I might be done...silly me. I like my Diamond Memory Lane Jr so much I thought I'd try out one of the od pedals for a great price here in our Emporium. It's a keeper, this Cornerstone! It does everything from low gain to pretty...
  23. alguit

new speaker day!

I've been having some fun trying out different speakers with my Forte 3D 1x12 cab, recently putting in an Eminence EJ that I took out of another cab. Incredible clean tone and sounds quite good with overdrive-terrific speaker. However, I'm going for a more traditional Celestion ceramic sound...
  24. alguit

Strat upgrade day!

Over the past month, I've taken my old Hamer Daytona's body and added a Warmoth Fender-licensed neck with a Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard and Grosh Fat 60's pickups with a baseplate under the bridge pu. Great stuff so far! Now, I'm adding a Callaham aluminum shield which, as the photo shows...
  25. alguit

Grosh 60's Vintage Strat pickups w/baseplate!!!

I picked these up for a great price here on TGP from a fellow member at a great price, several years old but never installed. I wanted to try them in one of my EJ Strats-my sunburst sounds great with the stock pickups but the white one just isn't the same. Also, I've been intrigued for some...
Top Bottom