Search results

1. wraub

Money or 'musical integrity'

Nobody has, so far, offered me money in place of my musical integrity, but I am ever watchful.
  2. wraub

Best album-closing songs

3. wraub

Mccartney - GOAT?

Mccartney- GOAT? No,
  4. wraub

Name A Guitarist That Screwed Up Your Playing

Allan Holdsworth taught me that "sloppy" playing is unacceptable in skilled guitar composition. This set me towards perfection. Guthrie Govan taught me that sometimes, it's not. This set me toward rationality. I have tried to learn from both.
  5. wraub

Playing in bands as you get to your 40s and up.

As a bass player I was often the most advanced player in the bands I was in, which often led to me being disappointed and leaving those bands, As a drummer or guitar player, I know I'd be the weakest link for many bands, which is why I don't play with bands.
  6. wraub

Any Covers of ELP, King Crimson or Genesis Songs That Are Better Than the Originals?

Try looking for good Gentle Giant covers- that's a short list.
  7. wraub

When did "tone" become the buzz word

SSsssshhhhhhhhh... if we get into tone quality and tone color we'll be here all day. ;)
  8. wraub

What Bands/Artists have had a hit song later on in their careers?

Yes- Owner of a Lonely Heart.
  9. wraub

Khruangbin. Good, bad, don't care? Jealous brother maybe?

I find them good but uninspiring, and their sound not compelling. To me they have a lot of solid grooves in search of a melody.
  10. wraub

Is there a better combination of technique, melody, and catchy songwriting than C.C. DeVille?

Page was "working studio magic" in the 70s, but Poison wasn't in the 80s? So many classic hit albums have tape tricks and unfamiliar things used that it's quite amusing and interesting, from the advent of recording to today. ProTools made some things easier, but a lot of what it allowed was...
  11. wraub

locking guitar case

Man, the laws in the Bagel District are tough! :D I do still miss the everything bagels with butter from Absolute Bagels uptown. But not as much as I miss Gray's Papaya. ;)
  12. wraub

locking guitar case

For locking a guitar case I find gaff tape to be quite effective. Just use a roll or two, that's all you need.
  13. wraub

Biggest star with lowest gear

Lots of good comments re the Z Customs online, they do appear to be a bit of a sleeper. I think I'm just too tied to the Zildjian cymbals I have to branch out further, but I can definitely appreciate the Paiste approach.
  14. wraub

Tech says upgraded the original tuners and bridge for Gotoh parts, and "the control circuit, using CTS pots and Switchcraft components, and after recutting the nut and giving the frets a little TLC". He says Rutherford quite likes the stock Squier pickups, stating "“Mike loves the sound of the...
  15. wraub

+1 on Boss FX users going for "good, repeatable, replaceable" for their needs. Boss pedals are easily found, well built, sound good, and are easily replaceable. On tour these things are important. Also, +1 for Paiste cymbals. The more I play the moree I find it easy to reproduce a favorite...
  16. wraub

Perhaps my favorite facts about Esteban? His real name is Steven Paul, and he's from Pittsburgh.
  17. wraub

Rick Beato is not happy

True. Should have said registered music, or material. Thanks.
  18. wraub

Rick Beato is not happy

True, they differ. And, I see as the right of ownership must be filed for, so must the termination of copyright. Sorry for the misinfo. -- Here are some very useful links for this conversation- https://fairuse.stanford.edu/overview/faqs/copyright-protection/...
  19. wraub

Rick Beato is not happy

When a bar hires a band "for the exposure", they still have to pay ASCAP, etc fees for any covers played even if they don't pay the band.
  20. wraub

Rick Beato is not happy

True. Plus, if they don't continually exert that control of copyright it can be argued they have abandoned the copyright, thereby allowing others use of that copyright. You have to keep at it, in order to keep it.
  21. wraub

Stage Fright at home

Try learning drums at home, that'll get you noticed. :D I think the fam is almost used to it.
  22. wraub

Rick Beato is not happy

He has managed to monetize videos that complain about his inability to monetize other videos, you gotta give him that. To me his credits aren't that impressive, his videos are too long, and the "playing victim" thing when caught out is really tired at this point, but, that's me.
  23. wraub

Strong user name/comment irony synergy here. :D
  24. wraub

Ultimate GnR playlist

I was gonna comment that my ultimate GnR playlist would have all their instrumental tracks :D but then I looked online for no vocal GnR tracks and didn't find much- But, here's this: :)
  25. wraub

On a Mission : To Like Jazz

Well, you see, it's not very good... and it's definitely not jazz. :D I PM'd you a link anyway. Please be kind. :)
Top Bottom