Search results

1. BWebb

Atomic Clr purge?

Where are you seeing them for sale? I’m looking for another one.
  2. BWebb

NFRFRD StageSource L2m

Does anyone know how this compares to an Atomic CLR?
  3. BWebb

Is there such a thing as Kemper coaching?

I believe PAD in this case is an acronym for Passive Attenuation Device.
  4. BWebb

What don't you like about Fractal's modeling?

More like hyper-sensitive, as evidenced by those “my penis is bigger than your penis” comparison threads posted recently. God forbid someone says a competing product sounds good or even offers constructive criticism. But I guess most users have tin ears.
  5. BWebb

Real names of amps from ToneJunkie

His site lists all the profiles and the amp they are based on. https://tonejunkiestore.com/
  6. BWebb

Today is my Kemper 10 year anniversary!

I’m coming up on 10 years as well. I was curious so just checked my records and I purchased my Kemper in May of 2012. Hard to believe they are still investing in software updates on a gen 1 device but I definitely got my money’s worth. By far one of my best gear-related purchases ever.
  7. BWebb

AXE FX III Effects

A lot more life left in the Axe than in the Kemper? What makes you think that? You realize the Kemper came out in 2012 and is still going strong. During that same period, Fractal released 4 different versions of its Axe FX flagship (not counting floor units). My guess is we see an Axe FX IV...
  8. BWebb

Why modelling and profiling in the same unit?

Pretty sure I explained this above but I guess it’s worth repeating - my amp, my settings, my guitar, my mic placement, my etc... I have a Cameron CCV that I profiled and while the model in the Axe FX sounds good, I prefer the profiles in that particular case by a wide margin.
  9. BWebb

Why modelling and profiling in the same unit?

I have a Kemper and an Axe FX III and will probably get a QC once they’re more widely available. Both methods have their place but I think profiling is great for someone with a large amp collection. I prefer my own profiles over others because I have more control over my amp settings, my...
  10. BWebb

FM3 Cygnus Beta now out

Way to stand your ground. Especially since Cliff was arguing with you that the Class A amps were the least affected by the Cygnus update. Now apparently this update addresses your concerns.
  11. BWebb

Kemper 2 Speculation

Considering the original Kemper came out in 2012 and is still going strong, it’s unlikely a new Stage will come out anytime soon.
  12. BWebb

iPhone Music Memos.....any love?

Wish I knew about this before. I just use voice memos but this sounds like it would be pretty cool. Unfortunately it’s not available to download anymore. Anyone know if there is still a way to get it?
  13. BWebb

Kemper and Two Notes Captor, No Mic AITR Profiles

Are you attenuating the amp with the Captor? How loud was it during the profiling process?
  14. BWebb

Friedman ASC-10 initial review

I have an ASM-12 and don’t care for it. Sounds like there is a blanket over the speaker. I much prefer the Atomic CLR.
  15. BWebb

Some Free Mix IR's (WAV Format)

Sorry to bump an old thread but these are some killer IR’s. I just started using the TV Mix2 in my Axe FX III and loving it. Any info on what mics were used?
  16. BWebb

Looks like Fractal Devices are getting a new Modeling Update - Cygnus

I’m seriously curious what bias you’re talking about. I’ve owned an Axe FX since the Ultra days and have upgraded with each major hardware version. So you must have me confused with someone else because I rarely comment on the ”realer” discussions unless someone posts something so far out in...
  17. BWebb

Bias, eh? Some people get offended so easily.
  18. BWebb

You must be new here. That’s cute.
  19. BWebb

If you’re unable to handle a civilized discussion and need to resort to name calling (keyboard warrior? - I post using my real name btw) then maybe you should step back and take a deep breath. I was simply pointing out the holes in the “basis for comparison” fallacy in Cliff’s argument.
  20. BWebb

But the flaw in this line of thinking is that you did have a basis for comparison. The analogy above is apples and oranges because ever since the Axe FX Standard we were told the modeled amps play, sound, and react identical to the specific amps they were modeled after in your test environment...
  21. BWebb

*yawn* More Fractal marketing drivel in response to the hype of a competing product. Happens every time.
  22. BWebb

Experience with Atomic Support

Has anyone had any experience with exceptionally long wait times with Atomic support? I sent a CLR in for repair back in June and was quoted a turn around time of 2-3 weeks. Now it's 4 months later and I still don't have any idea when I'm getting it back. They have been responsive to emails...
  23. BWebb

The FM3 Launch (for me) has been one of the worst experiences of my music career

I’m sure Cliff is fuming reading through this thread. He doesn’t take any type of criticism kindly.
  24. BWebb

Vendor Wall-O-Guitars and a recording tip.

Sounds great. Get Hayley to lay some vocals down and you’ve got a hit.
  25. BWebb

York Audio Impulse Response Library

Thanks John. I did send a couple sample files to CS late last week and they were going to look into it. My ticket # is 40166.
Top Bottom