Search results

1. M

String Theory EFX website down

Former owner of String Theory EFX here. I had to close up shop in October of last year.
  2. M

String Theory EFX USA Summer Tourbox - Fuzz and FETs (Now Completed!)

Sounds great! Thanks for recording a clip. Reminds me of Nels Cline.
  3. M

String Theory EFX: Sea of Tranquility Fuzz

I present to the pedal lovers of the world the newest addition to the String Theory EFX lineup, the limited edition Sea Of Tranquility Fuzz. Named in honor of the Apollo 11 landing site, the Sea Of Tranquility Fuzz is String Theory's unique take on the legendary germanium fuzz circuit from the...
  4. M

String Theory EFX USA Summer Tourbox - Fuzz and FETs (Now Completed!)

Thanks for recording 2 demo vids Jim! They both sounded great.
  5. M

String Theory EFX KE/64 Overdrive JustNick Demo

Great demo showing the dynamics of the KE/64 Overdrive.
  6. M

Poly Digit: Quad Delay, Reverb, Mixer, Cab Sim. What features do you want?

I may have missed this earlier in the thread; Is the Digit going to have analog/BBD delay emulation?
  7. M

String Theory EFX Tevatron Fuzz JustNick Demo

JustNick did a great job demoing the Tevatron Fuzz and explaining the ins and outs of the pedal. Check it out!
  8. M

String Theory EFX V2 Pedals

What’s new about the V2’s? String Theory EFX has been working hard over the last few months to make the KE/64 and Tevatron more pedalboard friendly, reduce production time and lower the cost, all while keeping the same great sound of each pedal intact. Both pedals now feature printed circuit...
  9. M

Which Overdrive Pedal Have You Stuck With The Longest And Why?

Reverend Drivetrain II. I've had that thing for a looonnnggg time. Got it new as an X-Mas gift one year. Still sounds great.
  10. M

Premier Guitar String Theory EFX KE/64 Overdrive Review

The KE/64 Overdrive was recently reviewed for the Dec issue of Premier Guitar and I'm proud to report that it has earned a Premier Gear Award. https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/28036-quick-hit-string-theory-efx-ke64-overdrive-review
  11. M

LIC Tourbox!!!!! Fuzz, Fuzz, Fuzz, Fuzz, Annnnddd.... A Rangemaster!

Got to take the tour box pedals for a spin over the last few days. All of them are very nice, but my favorite was the Supa Fuzz. Rangemaster was nice just a little thin sounding to me. MKI in the gold box was cool. A bit darker and more compressed than I was expecting a MKI circuit to be...
  12. M

String Theory EFX: New Fuzz Pedal

Soon to be in production is our latest pedal: the Tevatron Fuzz. Named after the now defunct Tevatron particle accelerator that was located at Fermilab in the suburbs of Chicago, the Tevatron is a unique fuzz circuit that collides a germanium transistor and a opamp IC to create a unique fuzz...
  13. M

Pedal Kit Source?

General Guitar Gadgets also has a large selection of kits and a lot of useful info.
  14. M

String Theory EFX KE/64 Overdrive on TPS

I am no longer using Reverb to process orders. If you’re interested in ordering a pedal please reach me through my website https://www.stringtheoryefx.com/ Thanks!
  15. M

OMG!!! My pedal made it to a TPS episode!

I'm going to take the opportunity to address a few questions/concerns that have popped up since I posted the TPS video. I fully understand that once my pedal is out in the public that it will only be a matter of time before the circuit is copied/traced etc. I'm not really a member of the DIY...
  16. M

String Theory EFX KE/64 Overdrive on TPS

Some of you may have seen this in the other thread in the effects section, but I thought I’d post it here in the proper builders forum. Dan and Mick really enjoyed the KE/64 and I was told today that it will be making future appearances on That Pedal Show! For more info on the KE/64 please...
  17. M

I just sold out of them. I have to order more parts so I can make some more.
  18. M

I didn't pay TPS. You send them an email telling them about your pedal(s), if they're interested you send it in and pay for shipping. If they like it, they use it on the show. They don't keep the pedal you send unless they want to buy it or if you gift it to them.
  19. M

I have gut shots, just not good ones. I'll work on one today. Not trying to hide anything about the pedal.
  20. M

Thanks for the kind words everyone I appreciate it!
  21. M

It shouldn’t be. I’ve been having issues with my phone lately. Thanks for letting me know
Top Bottom