Search results

1. pulse.

Reverb extremely bad business practices

I’m waiting to see what I will receive and then I will leave a detailed feedback.
  2. pulse.

Gibson 355 aftermarket Pickup replacements. Whats your favorite 355 vintage type of pickup replacement

The Wizz premium clones that I have on my SG is by far the best set of humbuckers that I have ever used. Mine is an A3 magnet on the neck and A4 on the bridge position. Clean and clear bell like tone in the neck with zero muddyness and rocking and punching tones on the bridge.
  3. pulse.

Reverb extremely bad business practices

I ordered a used PedalPower 3+ on Friday November 19. On November 22 I messaged the seller and asked to send me the tracking number when he ships my order. He informed me that he will send it the next day, the 23rd. On the 24th I messaged him again, asking him to let me know if he could ship it...
  4. pulse.

SG Pickup Swap

I had a similar problem with my ‘14 VOS Sg, I changed the custombuckers to antiquities, antiquities to Monty’s pafs, Monty’s to low wind Ox4s, back to Monty’s and then I reached out to Alex from wizz. He recommended an a3 magnet for the neck with 7.2k ohm and a4 bridge wirh 8.4k ohm. They are...
  5. pulse.

What are your favorite pickups?

Wizz premium clones for humbuckers and antiquities for jazzmaster pickups
  6. pulse.

Show us your Gibson SG !

My 2014 VOS SG with maestro, that I've changed many things. I replaced the nut with a 6/6 nylon, faber abr bridge, 50's centralab pots, wizz premium clones (the best pair I've tried) with their pickup rings, 50's wiring and replaced caps.
  7. pulse.

Replacement Bridge for 73 Les Paul Custom

Faber makes great bridges
  8. pulse.

NGD: 1973/74 Gibson SG

Beautiful looking SG, congrats
  9. pulse.

Gibson SG Humbuckers Poll

Mine is a '14 VOS with maestro that came with custombuckers, I changed them to antiquities which was an improvement to my ears on clarity, then to Monty's pafs which was by then the best set I have heard. My only issue was the clarity of the neck pickup, it was a little boomy, I tried a low wind...
  10. pulse.

New OX4 Low Winds for my Les Paul

I got the same set for my SG earlier this year and didn’t like it at all. I returned to my Monty’s and earlier this week I got a Wizz pair which sounds outstanding! My Monty’s are for sale!
  11. pulse.

From maestro to stoptail.

I forgot to post the pic you asked for
  12. pulse.

Thanks for your thoughts and your interest. I appreciate it
  13. pulse.

Not interested on selling the guitar as it has aged really well, I have changed pots to centralabs, caps, nut to 6/6 nylon, pickups to wizz. I really love it.
  14. pulse.

Yeah mine is closer to the good example.
  15. pulse.

High end Boutique PAF's... how do they compare? (Throbak, Holmes, Lollar, Wizz, ReWind)

It was Alex’s suggestion actually. I told him that when I change from bridge to neck I feel that my tone knob is on 7-8 but it’s actually on 10. He suggested Neck - alnico 3 with 7.2k ohm Bridge - alnico 4 with 8.4k ohm
  16. pulse.

High end Boutique PAF's... how do they compare? (Throbak, Holmes, Lollar, Wizz, ReWind)

Thanks to your video @yeatzee I ordered a pair of Wizz with a3 neck and a4 bridge.
  17. pulse.

Thanks for the input.
  18. pulse.

I had no idea that such a thing existed.
  19. pulse.

It was only curiosity nothing more. I have seen the Betts/Allman SG with the replaced sideways vibrola, Trucks removed the maestro trem, Clapton removed also the trem from his Fool SG too.
  20. pulse.

It's a 2014 vos SG with maestro so it has an abr1 bridge and the maestro tremolo.
  21. pulse.

To do what you 're suggesting I have to drill the body for the wraparound, unless you know a different way.
  22. pulse.

Yeah to convert to tuneomatic.
  23. pulse.

Has anyone here converted his SG that had maestro tailpiece to a stoptail? I'm curious on the sound difference, not tuning stability.
  24. pulse.

PAF that isn't muddy/boomy

I can only say good things for Monty's PAFs.
  25. pulse.

T-tops vs Antiquities

I will when the t tops arrive, 'till then any input is welcomed
Top Bottom