Search results

1. xmentalpilot

Dimarzio Super Distortion P/U's on my 1977 Guild SF4??

OK I know these are not the original pups, when I bought the guitar 8 years ago the originals were not included. I've had the guitar advertised locally on C/L for many months and really haven't had one solid inquiry/offer? The guitar is a closet queen... in amazing shape for a 43 year old guitar...
  2. xmentalpilot

Helix Fun!!!

A couple of years ago my Garage/Geezer Band decided to rehearse silently thru a Jamhub, everyone plays direct and monitors thru headphones. Electronic Drums, Keys, and the Bass, 2 guitars thru modelers into the Jamhub. We’ve been together for almost 20 years and I’ve been a modeler user way back...
  3. xmentalpilot

Cancelled pre-order for L6 Powercab 112...

I am bummed.. I downloaded the Pilots Guide for the Powercabs and discovered L6 Link is NOT available with the PC 112 only the 112 Plus. I wanted to L6 link the Powercab with my Helix and L2M and that ain't gonna happen unless I buy the 112 Plus. Maybe I wasn't paying attention to all of the...
  4. xmentalpilot

Not a HRDx?? What did I get???

A couple of weeks ago, I picked up a Fender HRDx to use as a grab and go jam session amp. I took my Tele over to test the amp (the guy I bought it from took it in as a trade) plugged in and strummed a few chords, paid the dude and hit the road. My plan was to use the clean channel and my Ethos...
  5. xmentalpilot

Not a HRDx?? What did I get???

Moved to Amp/Tech section.... https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/1089409
  6. xmentalpilot

Finally bought a QSC K10..Happy days! (Some additional ANALOG content!)

I have tried serveral different FRFR combos since buying my Axe-FX Ultra over a year ago.... I have to say I really like this little box... I got to A/B compare it to a K12 (actually a pair of them) and aside from the obvious heavier bottom end of the K12 the K10 is what I have been looking for...
  7. xmentalpilot

1977 Gibson ES 350T (not 330T)

A close friend brought over a 350T tonight. Best I can tell, it is a 1977. The guitar must have been put in the attic shortly after it was purchased new. I am not a arch top / hollow body fan... But, this is a pretty cool guitar. The guitar is in close to mint shape, the case smell like Grandmas...
  8. xmentalpilot

Anderson Cobra S?

Came across an Anderson Cobra S on my local Craigslist. (seattle) Nice guitar....Is $1800 a reasonable deal?? Thanks
  9. xmentalpilot

12" Speaker Suggestions

I recently puirchased 2 custom cabs, nearly identical to the Fuchs Mini 1X12, perhaps just a bit bigger, since the bottom is deeper and the baffle slants up. They are convertible, so I can close the back if I choose. The amp is a ODS 50, and I also have the "standard 1X12 open back" with the...
  10. xmentalpilot

You find the coolest stuff in the strangest places sometimes!!!

When I work day shift I start at 6am and off at 2pm. So, today on my way home I am driving by some folks setting up for a big yard sale this weekend. I spied a couple of what looked like electric guitar cases.. So, I hung a U and headed back to have a closer look. Turns out the cases were beat...
  11. xmentalpilot

Figured Maple Tops?

I am looking at adding another Lester to my fleet of guitars. The LP I am considering has a AA Figured Maple Top... I have never purchased a guitar with a "Figured or Flamed" top... So, what attributes (besides playability!) are desireable in a flamed or figured top??? BTW the LP I have my eye...
Top Bottom