Search results

1. birdie_in_texas

Sold Almost new AX8 with extras

Ok fellas, as much as I love the AX8 (and Fractal), it is just WAY too big and since I do not use it as a floor unit, it cannot fit on my desk, and has been living it's life on a TV tray since I got it! hahaha Excellent, basically brand new condition! I will ship via UPS in original boxes and...
  2. birdie_in_texas

Helix Native - OMG I am in over my head! Help!!

Ok..so somehow, I am not even sure how, I "kind of" got it working in Reaper..but now I am stopped cold.. the only way I can seem to hear anything is from my scarlett interface headphone jack, and there is a LOT of time lag between notes and what I hear.. I am sure it is because I am way too...
  3. birdie_in_texas

Fellas? I need some suggestions about "beat creation" I think it's called now?

So even though I consider myself kind of a "computer guy", I have not had any success, after way too many tries, to get this whole electronic "DAW" recording thing. Sad right? But what I would really like to do, if find an affordable "device" that will allow me to create basically what I...
  4. birdie_in_texas

Sold Virtually new Axe FX II XL+!!

Well, I have only had it a few weeks, and out of nowhere, we need some extensive remodeling on this lovely 50 year old house!! I cannot seem to get ahead! It seems to always be "something"..I suspect I am not the only one.. So, I am going to be posting things all over the internet raising...
  5. birdie_in_texas

Favored 7-string pickups and why? I need to find some..

I made a trade and ended up with a new PRS SE 7-string, but the stock pickups are well, at least to my ears, ball-less and "tinny" if that makes sense, and I was hoping for you guys to chime in with what pickups you like in your 7's and why. I have tried Blackouts in a Dinky, but they were...
  6. birdie_in_texas

**SOLD** Amplifire and new MidiMouse

I have decided to go a different route than being 100% pedal based, as I am a "bedroom" player for the most part anyways. Just bought this Amplifire and the MidiMouse for it. Amplifire updated to new firmware and works perfectly, even still has plastic protective screen cover.. $650 shipped...
  7. birdie_in_texas

My first try with Atomic Amplifire! Flubs included!

Ok fellas..here is my first try..yes, I am terrible and hopefully it will not make your ears bleed! I based the patch off the Hot Brit stock patch (#7) and went from there..it is just me and my PRS SE goldtop with the EMG ZW setup in it running @ 18Volts. Another first was me using my little...
  8. birdie_in_texas

**SOLD**!!!! Awesome Blues Jr tube amp For Sale New Lower Price

This is a NOS (New Old Stock) Blues Jr, 15-watt Tube amp. Has the shiny chrome control face, and I have not taken it apart to see if it is a green board or cream board. Also has the Made in USA "designed by Eminence" 12" speaker in it, also is the type that can use a footswitch (no footswitch...
  9. birdie_in_texas

For Sale: Boss GT-001 price reduction!

Trying to get some money together for medical expenses. This is just setting getting dusty, so it should go to someone that will use it. $215 shipped in CONUS. Would much prefer paypal. Am going to post these a few other places, so if you are interested, pm me ASAP. Thank you! Birdie :)
  10. birdie_in_texas

Has anyone received their GT-001 units yet?

I got a note in the email that mine shipped last Thursday! I am assuming that these are going to be exactly "everything" the GT-100's are minus the expression pedal. I have not gotten to play with a GT-100 with v.2 on it, but I am hoping that this will be the perfect small solution for my...
  11. birdie_in_texas

In an effort to keep volume low with my Boogie, how about this..?

What can I do here? If I want to run out of the loop of my mini-rec to maybe my mixer or interface or whatever for late-night jam/record stuff, but I still need a load on the head, right? But I don't want all that beautiful roar spewing out at all hours of the night, right? So what do you...
  12. birdie_in_texas

Need a light, cheap 1 x 12 (or maybe 1 x 10?) cab that is "cheap"

It has been a LONG time since I was looking fro a guitar cab..but since I just got my little Boogie mini-rec, I am on the hunt. I am not paying freaking $450 for a 1 x 12 cab as that just seems RIDICUOLOUS..!! But seriously fellas, there has got to be a "crowd favorite" in this area..! I need...
  13. birdie_in_texas

W00t...!! New amp day!!!!! Boogie mini-rec!!!

Through a ridiculous turn of good fortune, I got rid of my new Blackstar HT40 and got just what I wanted! A new red-faced Mini-Rec..!!! Just got in the door with it, and need to get it all hooked up and setup! Am gonna put a ms-50 out front and my Axe FX 2 in the loop just for fun1...
  14. birdie_in_texas

Superbowl Sunday Jamming with my JP50 and Axe II

I been bored all day waiting for the game to start, so I was screwing around finding more backing tracks and decided to jam to one for the iPad and rekindle my love for my cheapy little Sterling JP50 that I put some EMG's (89R and 81TW) in. I am no PRO like most of you guys, and I am certainly...
  15. birdie_in_texas

Anyone have a Kelly JS32 guitar?

I have been wanting an "explorer" type guitar, but I prefer 24 frets and hard tails. I know there was that awesome Gibson "Shred X" or whatever, but dang they are expensive "when" you can find one for sale.. I saw the little cheapy JS32 Kelly and it has the "same" neck as my neck-thru Jacksons...
  16. birdie_in_texas

Need some help figuring out just what to do with my 25-key controller

So I got a used Novation Impulse 25. But now what? I am a guitar person, certainly no keyboard person. So just what in the heck do these things "control"..? What "can" I do with this? I have Reaper and it has a couple of DAW's on a disk on the box I think, but I am kind of clueless and just...
  17. birdie_in_texas

Trying to create the EJ "Trademark" "clean" sound with a G3

and not having a lot of success.. High gain is more my realm of "expertise" to use the term very loosely, and I am not having a bit of joy trying to create a patch to try and mimic the EJ clean from his song "Trademark".. Can anyone lend a hand by chance?
  18. birdie_in_texas

Axe II FW10 patch with HBE AND ODS-100 Lead..!!!

It seems like every time I turn around I find a new "favorite" tone from the Axe II with this new firmware. This patch originally got "killed" by my cat walking on my desk which created the "pacman"-esque tone that was so cool. I figured that he somehow must have stomped on the mouse when it...
  19. birdie_in_texas

First clip with my new (to me) Axe II, Mark Day "Photograph" patch

Well, several people have asked me to post something, most certainly to hear the Axe and not my noodling, so here is my first clip with the Axe II. It is a Mark Day patch off of the Axe Change, hope he doesn't mind as it would be a HELL of a lot better if it was him playing instead of my...
  20. birdie_in_texas

Fixed Pics! NGD: New Charvel Shed machine! Beautiful flame top too!

Had no luck selling my Korg X50 so I ended up trading it back to the music store and getting this! Is an amazingly feature packed axe..! Locking tuners, EMG's, and the tech was able to get the 9's absolutely on the deck! IT is really SWEET..!! Beautiful top, awesome abalone looking binding...
  21. birdie_in_texas

Anyone try any of the Sterling JP50's..?

Found one used with Dimarzio's already in it, not a scratch on it, and DAMN cheap, so was thinking about getting it, but never even seen a "Sterling" before..I know it is the "cheap" version of the EB Petrucci, but from what I saw, it seemed a pretty solid guitar..and for $175 with a case it...
  22. birdie_in_texas

How in the heck have I never heard of Umphrey's Mcgee until today?

I don't get it..flipping channels I see them live on AXS and they are belting out this incredible 12-15 minute stuff so much like old Prog that I love, with even a smattering of Dream Theater thrown in!!!!..and after a few minutes with Google, I see they have been around for freaking...
  23. birdie_in_texas

NGD: New axe from GuitarFetish.com stuff! Way better than you think!

A buddy told me he loved the items he had gotten from guitarfetish, and so I figured since I couldn't afford to buy anything good, I would get one of their cheapy axes and make it a "franken-axe".. So I looked thru their site and found an LP clone that looked really pretty in the pics and was...
  24. birdie_in_texas

New 11R clip..from massive NON-professional

I am probably the worst player here, so go ahead and hate on my sour note and stuff..it don't mean nuttin' to me.. I was attempting to do a "melodic" slow bluesy type of thing which I certaily am not good at (as you can hear), but it is the patch that I think sounds so good.. I named the track...
Top Bottom