Search results

1. M

Helix/Home Recording (Reaper) fun.....need help with vocals.

That's pretty cool actually. I have a Helix but I have never thought of using it that way. I guess with the USB connection you can always capture the dry track while monitoring the wet one??
  2. M

Helix/Home Recording (Reaper) fun.....need help with vocals.

With direct monitoring you cannot build up a channel with comp, delay, reverb....etc unless you have an interface with DSP or some outboard gear. Most people don't have that and a LOT of singers hate to monitor their dry vocal. That's the reason. It's not that they PREFER to hear...
  3. M

Fender Mustang Micro Headphone Amp

Mine is pretty old and a basic model. It has no DSP at all. Maybe that's the key.
  4. M

Neural DSP Nolly Kemper Profiles

I don't know about the profiles but the Nolly plugin is great. Really versatile and super easy to get a great sound. It's one of the only guitar based plugins I actually bought and use all the time.
  5. M

I have a little JBL bluetooth speaker with no latency on the Aux jack.
  6. M

Boss Katana - does the MKII sound better than the MKI?

Give it a shot. For me it was way better, but some people still prefer the stock clean.
  7. M

Agreed except the clean. The stock clean just has nothing for me. The Sneaky twin was way better for me. Otherwise, stock models is the way to go. Roll off at 5k to get rid of some of that top end sharpness. Boost somewhere in the low mids for some beef and there are plenty of great sounds...
  8. M

ToneJunkie Helix presets

Well, he has 70 percent off on his website. So I bought both preset packs for 8 bucks. They do sound really really good. I did a few interesting experiments changing out my York IR's with the ones from TJ's presets with the tone matching baked in. It makes a difference. I don't know for...
  9. M

I don't really need mine anymore but it is so cheap and so good I am just gonna keep it. I did a bunch of gigs with it and always sounded great. Like you mentioned, the EQ is so powerful and unfortunately I think it is necessary to get the real good stuff from the amp.
  10. M

I advise to do it. The Sneaky bright twin is sooooo much better than the stock clean. It takes about 5 minutes to switch it out. The other channels I just kept stock. They sound great out of the box. Also don't forget the parametric EQ option in the software. It makes a world of difference also.
  11. M

Digital Lacks Weight?

I haven't noticed. I have had zero problems being heard with my Helix, but I also use a real cab on stage. I do not like the FRFR thing. Generally, most guitarists have way too much bass in their tone. I keep my stuff pretty lean on the bottom with plenty of mids.
  12. M

IR's are so bassy...

The M25 pack is great. Start with the mixes folder and see if there is anything there that you find more appealing before goofing around with individual mics, IMO.
  13. M

Why do you use digital modeling?

Maybe. I have no idea about that. But they managed to sound pretty good in my 4x12. I never had an issue getting a good sound with that cab. But finally, after trying a few real G12H30, V30, and greenbacks they are really my least favorite out of any of the classic celestion stuff.
  14. M

Why do you use digital modeling?

So many reasons. I also grew up with the 100 watt tube amps with 4x12 cabs. We all thought we needed that stuff. And still you can't hear yourself because on small stages the sound goes right by you. First reason. Weight. 2nd reason. Volume. 3rd reason. Tone. At this point I can't say my...
  15. M

Line 6 Catalyst - modeling Combo ....

I would be interested to hear it with a different speaker. It could be a speaker issue. Or something else. Who knows. I have a Helix LT and when I need stage sound I plug into the back of a Katana 100 effects return with cab/IR blocks turned off. Sounds great and it is a really compact rig.
  16. M

Yes. I just don't like the sound of rolled back volume unless there is a treble bleed. Of course it's possible but it works fine with my strat, RGX, and LP so I just use it with those guitars. An input gain double tap feature sounds amazing and would totally solve it.
  17. M

Totally unusable with my EMG's and my baritone schecters with high output passives, too.
  18. M

To me, gain staging is the ONLY thing this device lacks. When I play my strats it is hard to get enough gain unless I go with the UBER. everything is kind of super clean or pushed clean. I like strat hard rock tones!!! I can get close with the Friedman, but not quite enough. However, when I...
  19. M

Helix 3.15!

Lol wut. Look again. Lots of new stuff here. The new verbs and delays alone would be worth the update!! Tried the tesselator or rachet??? Where did anything like that exist before in Helix? We don't need to copy our amps with Helix. That would be a waste of time and resources they could...
  20. M

Helix 3.15!

I set up the Ventoux with the FTWN mix 01 from York. What a beautiful tone with a strat. This amp sounds and feels very boutique. The new reverbs are redonk. Had loads of fun with tesselator!!! I need to figure out how to use that in a real song and not just noodling. It is trippy!!
  21. M

York Audio Impulse Response Library

If I am not mistaken, on the real Fender amp setting it "flat" means something like Bass-3 Mids - 8 Treble - 6 So, maybe start there and see if it removes some of the scoop to have the mids knob quite high in comparison to the others. No idea if it will help.....just a shot in the dark here.
  22. M

Let's cry about amp sims

What kind of sound are you trying to get?
  23. M

JOHN MAYER on digital modelers

I only care what modellers think about profilers.
  24. M

Did you see Rhett Shull's review of the Axe-Fx III?

. He had a video fairly recently where he said the tube screamer sucks....lol. like dude the problem isnt the pedal. He does a lot of clickbait stuff.
  25. M

Just stick to the Friedman patch. Sounds great and responds well to volume control if it's too much gain.
Top Bottom