Search results

1. Zim

Split 412 cab?

Hey guys, been out of the loop for a while. Is anyone making a 412 cab that can be ran with 212 on right and left? And switch to all 4 if you want? I know years ago there where cabs out there like that. And if so, who makes a great one that sounds great? Thanks.
  2. Zim

Orange Tiny Terror.

Hey Guys- I got a Orange Tiny Terror inbound and I was wondering what cab/speaker(s) do you guys prefer for this amp and why? Also, I see 1 16ohm out and 2x 8ohm. Does that mean it can run 2 8ohm cabs at once? I looked up Tiny Terror and found some info here, but not really what I am after info...
  3. Zim

School me on Lap Steels

Howdy all. I've been itching for a few years to try my hand at lap steel. Was wondering what info I might get from the TGP Brotherhood (And sisters). I love the idea of the whole Lap Steel and matching small amp. I kinda need to learn a bit about it all. What to look for, vintage or not. Any...
  4. Zim

Rodrigo y Gabriela

Howdy, Anyone know what their live set up is or something close to it? Amps/DI/PA? Effects? Any thing would help. I Understand they are using Yamaha Guitars now. And in the "Hanuman" Video, it shows them plugging in to Marshall Combos? I dig what they do and was interested in how they do it...
  5. Zim

Bassman.

Ok guys. Who makes a great PTP Bassman head? BF and/or Blonde specs? I have been looking at buying a vintage one, but they have gone way up in price and I would be just as happy w/ a new PTP well made, great sounding NEW one! And not have to worry so much about playing the snot out of it and...
  6. Zim

White Gibson ES335?

Do they make them as a regular run? I'm looking for one with gold hardware . Thanks
  7. Zim

Speaker Cable

Does anyone know where I can find some good speaker cables on the cheap? I need the ones they make for combos that a 1/4" on one end and the +/- forks/tabs on the other. (I know there is a term for those, but damned if I can think of it) Thanks.
  8. Zim

G&L Tributes

Anyone know when they stop using "USA Parts/Hardware" ? I know they use to advertise that they used the same pups/bridges and whatnot, but not now.... When did that change? Thanks,
  9. Zim

Bassman Amps

Ok, I think after years of bouncing around amps and all, I think I want to go back to what I use to play for years. I like it simple and a great platform for my pedals. And Bassman just KILLED in this realm. (plus it was a great back-up for my bass rig if needed, lol) I use to run a 1965 BF...
  10. Zim

Crunchbox vs. OCD.

Ok guys, here is the deal. I have enough to buy 1 right now. So what are the pros and cons of each? Which version of either should I hunt for? **I think in the end, they will both live on my board, but I wanted to get an idea of which version to find and which one to buy first.** Thanks...
  11. Zim

Vol/Wah

Any good Volume/Wah pedal combo's out there? The ones that do both.
  12. Zim

Picks

So what Picks are you guys using and for what type of playing/guitar(s)? Reason I ask, I'm on the hunt for some new ones. I'm hearing WAY MORE difference than I ever did as a youngster from pick to pick and more so on acoustic.
  13. Zim

Open Or Closed back. Help me decide, please.

Open Or Closed. Help me decide. Ok, I have a Valvetrain Concord I want to ad a 110 Cab to. Should I get an open or closed back cab? The combo is 12"L x 8"D x 15"H And currently loaded with a Rola Re-Issue Alinico Speaker. The Ext. cab will house the Original Ceramic Speaker (or vise versa)...
  14. Zim

110 Cab?

Anyone know where I can get a 110 cab made nice for the not a lot of money? Or anyone here making any on the cheaper side? Thanks.
  15. Zim

Amps and True By-Pass.

I love the tone of my amp when I plug straight in. But when I have some stomp pedals in, I notice the tone suck. How can I over come this? Are true By-Pass effects the way to go or some kind of buffer, loop pedal of some sort? Advice please.
  16. Zim

Amps and True By-Pass...

I love the tone of my amp when I plug straight in. But when I have some stomp pedals in, I notice the tone suck. How can I over come this? Are true By-Pass effects the way to go or some kind of buffer, loop pedal of some sort? Advice please. (Sorry if I am in the wrong the forum. I'll...
  17. Zim

Cathode Bias Power Amp vs. Fixed.

Pro's and Con's of each? Is one better than the other? Discuss please.
  18. Zim

Tube Rectifier vs. SS rectifier.

What are the pro's and cons of both? Any advantages of one over the other?
  19. Zim

Valvetrain Amps

Anyone seen or got or can get any gut shots? Mainly the Concord. I'm VERY Intrigued by this amp and company. I think I might pull the trigger on one. Thanks
  20. Zim

Repo Parts?

Anyone know where I can find Fender Repo parts? Mainly the vintage style RCA 1 button footswitch for a Vibro Champ and Face/back plates? Thanks.
  21. Zim

Hypothetically Speaking:

Lets say you had to build a rig from scratch (Besides cables/picks) and you had a $1500 Gift card for Guitar Center. What rig would you buy to cover a lot of ground? Discuss please.HAVE FUN WITH IT! (and lets leave the Used Section out of it :D)
  22. Zim

Hypothetically Speaking:

Lets say you had to build a rig from scratch (Besides cables/picks) and you had a $1500 Gift card for Guitar Center. What rig would you buy to cover a lot of ground? Discuss please. HAVE FUN WITH IT! (and lets leave the Used Section out of it :D)
  23. Zim

Not Mine, but hey?

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/msg/1885094533.html For anyone looking for one. Not sure if it is ligit from these pics, but would be cool if it is!
  24. Zim

New Strings...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?N=100001+709583&audienceId=30879723&tiid=2987&src=3TP0H31&ZYXSEM=0 What to get? I like the deal due to the fact they are putting in a free cheapie guitar That I will give to my youngster to bang around on and hopefully learn on (she is 5), but which...
  25. Zim

So, I go and catch this local band last night...

One of our very own TGP members, buddaman71 and his band Jack Rowdy. I have to say it was a kick ass show! They sounded great and Jason (buddaman71) Sounded great and played awesome. My wife and I stayed for all 3 sets and had more fun than we did at some of the big touring acts. Jason made it...
Top Bottom