Search results

1. S

Owning more than one type of guitar

I'd love to think like that...instead, I have guitars everywhere.
  2. S

Value of a 1984 Kramer Baretta?

I love it. I need a banana headstock too...
  3. S

'59 for sale ...

I wonder if the intonation is 'in'...
  4. S

When you setup your guitar, do you wing it or use one of these...

I just wing it but if I was into doing my own fret work then maybe I'd have to consider a new tool or two...
  5. S

What will a refret do to the binding of my Les Paul?

That's probably it!! This photo shows a dude performing a process which puts me in mind of the marks I've seen on the bindings too...
  6. S

Love Those Pointy Guitars Thread

Kramers Charvels & Jackson
  7. S

Floyd: larger sustain block?

I can't say much more than what is in my first post on this thread really. It is such a quick upgrade in my opinion I don't know why more people don't do it before replacing pickups.
  8. S

I have. They are interesting in my opinion...but I don't recall seeing that part of the process in the tour vids that I've seen.
  9. S

Someone who went on a Gibson tour told me that there was a lady there using a scraper doing something to the neck and it was during a discussion about bindings. It seems to me that it was a piece of glass...maybe... It would be interesting to see that process!!
  10. S

I don't know the answer to that one mc5nrg. I thought that they always had them like that with bindings. I'll tell you one thing though...the sloppiness of the binding work is what made my decision to buy a Studio instead of one of the fancy ones. I love Gibson, I think the Les Paul is the...
  11. S

Both of the guitars I put the larger blocks in are Kramers. One is a Kramer F-1000 and the other is an American Series Pacer Custom II. I don't think you'd run into any Kramer from the 1980s that would require any routing. F-1000 and the Pacer Custom II is on the left
  12. S

Good Electric: $300-$600?

For sure. I got a Tribute Legacy Premium for quite a bit under the bottom of the posted 'price range' for this thread...$258 plus shipping...!!
  13. S

Some Maple

Wow...you certainly have some beautiful guitars!!! This one nearly made me throw up!!! WOW!! ...and this thing is incredible even if away from the 'maple' topic ...you must have a big insurance policy!!!
  14. S

I noticed that in the first second of viewing that photograph. Stunning. Craftsmanship like that is very admirable. That dude must be a perfectionist...wow.
  15. S

That's a mean looking guitar there...is it an LTD with an ESP label? Just wondering as I see so many people doing that now. The Frankenstraat block will go into most guitars without extra routing. I don't think you should be upset about that routing though...it was probably just a 'sliver'...
  16. S

Oh I'd much rather have the $5800+ guitar on your site!
  17. S

dumb question re:fender bridge

I am sure that the screw in type has no way to 'hold it in place' aside from screwing it all the way in...maybe someone has a trick to that that I don't know of. I know the screw in Floyd Rose and FR style have a nut behind the arm with a poly bushing that can be tightened to hold them in place...
  18. S

Just a short note...many of the 'style' elements of Schecters are from ESP/LTD. Since ESP bought Schecter they say that it is run as a completely distinct operation but the evidence is all over the guitars themselves. So really, it is difficult for me to see how somone could be a fan of one but...
  19. S

dumb question re:fender bridge

No. Does that arm 'screw in' or 'click in'?
  20. S

I have done this on two guitars. I just thought that if the block was bigger that the vibrations would be going through more material so my sense of logic said that it would have to make a difference. Below is a standard Floyd Rose block beside a Callaham replacement. You can see the difference...
  21. S

For $600 on the used market you can get SO MUCH!! Too much to list. If he doesn't know what sound he particularly likes...what look does he like? -I see used USA Strats for $600 sometimes. -LTD 400 Series and up...any model. -Ibanez makes a tonne of guitars that are in that price range new...
  22. S

Acoustic Guitars with Mahogany sides and backs

Add me to the list of people who disagree.
Top Bottom