Search results

1. E

What makes a brown eye hairy?

extra tube gain stage in front of the BE.
  2. E

Marshall DSL1 Preamp in Boss MS-3 Effects Loop

Yes it would work. I have the MS-3 and you can do the 4cm with an amp that has an effects loop. https://www.boss.info/us/support/knowledge_base/115002871046/ Like you said, you'll have to deal with the fact that the marshall will need a load.
  3. E

Morris Perplex'd JR

Have the jr30 head. It is definitely loud enough to hang with a drummer.
  4. E

NAD - Morris Perplex'd

The amp is awesome! Everything I've always wanted in a M style single channel amp. Gain is nice and thick, but really clear and cuts in the mix as good as any... cleanup with the volume knob is excellent. Got it last Thursday, and used it on shows on Friday and Saturday. The soundguy at the...
  5. E

NAD - Morris Perplex'd

Update: My amp is almost done and Glen has been posting clips of it on instagram: I believe these clips are made with "my" amp :dude oh man, the tones!! i'll be receiving it next week, cant wait!!
  6. E

NAD - Morris Perplex'd

@bbaug14 I also saw your posts about the colby mod machine. that was on my short list before ordering the morris. how would you compare them in for M style rock tones?
  7. E

NAD - Morris Perplex'd

Thanks! I did speak with Glen before ordering and he told me that the Perplexd jr 30 can be built with a 2 x el34 class A/B power amp like the GCM (from my understanding this would be similar to the 'typical' power amp on most marshall type amps like a plexi or jcm800), or the dual el34 in class...
  8. E

NAD - Morris Perplex'd

I didn't really inquire about the 15 because I already had my eyes set on the 30. From the youtube clips, to my ears, the 30 sounded a bit bigger and thicker than the 15.
  9. E

Need a replacement for a Norton in the bridge of an HSS strat

When I was playing strats as my main guitar, I had a Virtual Hot PAF in the bridge. I thought it had a really nice tone (not dark at all) and worked well with the Areas I had in the neck and middle. I've had many dimarzios -- paf pro, breed, AT-1, gravity storm, air classic, air zone, (never...
  10. E

NAD - Morris Perplex'd

Sounds awesome! I just put in an order for a perplexd jr 30, can't wait!
  11. E

Line 6 Powercab 112 And Powercab 112 Plus!!!

Has anyone tried loading and using an IR of a 4x12 cab? How does that sound?
  12. E

High gain tube heads that sound good at bedroom and gig volumes?

EVh 5153 50 watt sounds good at low volumes.
  13. E

BOSS KATANA 刀 amplifiers

Has anybody tried the Katana 50 or 100 combo with a Nylon String acoustic in a band setting? This won't be my main purpose for it, but if it can do this pretty well, it would save me from buying a dedicated Acoustic amp.
  14. E

Pre-Amp Pedal Users. Power Amp Solution Just Dawned On Me

I'm thinking about getting an Iron Horse 40 for the same purpose -- just as a power amp for amplifying my live modelling rig. Question for you... have you had any trouble feeding a hot signal into the fx return, aka "Power amp in"? According to the manual...
  15. E

New Amptweaker Defizzerator

@amptweaker Thanks for sharing that James, awesome info. Yes I have the same experience with good tube amps and I use them the same way coz I learned listening to Ed all these years lol. I used to gig with a tube amp (Laney VH100R) but recently moved to modelling for reasons other than tone...
  16. E

The solo to Little Fighter

Awesome solo
  17. E

BOSS KATANA 刀 amplifiers

hand raised lol have serious gas for this amp that i don't need!
  18. E

BOSS KATANA 刀 amplifiers

@Elantric, Boss should be paying you for all that stuff.. or at least give you some free gear!
  19. E

New boss GT 1 MFX pedal

yeah if I can't save it, i won't be able to gig with it -- too bad! thanks or the info though!... i hope boss adds some way of doing this in the future. EDIT: i think i misunderstood! so it CAN be saved for user patches, just not the factory patches... nice.
  20. E

Demonstrating Atomic Amplifire's Parametric EQ

Yeah it seems we need an audio engineering degree for those ;P
  21. E

Demonstrating Atomic Amplifire's Parametric EQ

Thanks for sharing this! good to 'see' what is going on coz my old ringing ears aren't so reliable anymore!
  22. E

Katana 100 1x12 vs. Amplifire original

I feel your pain as well. I've been using the Amplifire live for the past year or so... I can get good sounds, but i agree it is definitely frustrating to tweak sounds on this thing -- like the new delays and all those parameters for the fx -- like wtf? -- we shouldn't have to be studio...
  23. E

New boss GT 1 MFX pedal

I've been reading the manual and it seems that the 'up' and 'down' buttons cannot be reassigned to anything else.. is this true?? I am hoping i just missed something... is there a "stomp box mode' or something like that? My grand plan is to get the GT-1 and the FS6 and have 5 pedals on/off for...
  24. E

New boss GT 1 MFX pedal

Those tones in the OD vid are way better than they should be! I'm assuming these are recorded direct with the stock cab sims?
Top Bottom