Search results

1. Britishampfan

Traynor YBA-2

Hey there wondering if you could help me make out what makes sense on this schematic. Power supply they spec a 10k one watt resistor and what looks like a 47k one watt my friend says it`s supposed to be 4.7k and put that in there. Along with some resistors to ground that did not work to clear...
  2. Britishampfan

STP SmashingP And More

I don`t normally do this but I put out a few covers for fun on my You tube page I`d like to share using backing tracks and one just improv blues lead over a backing track. I more or less was just trying to learn how to get a good sound on video and sync the video track with the sound track. I...
  3. Britishampfan

Easy Filtering Question

Hey, I have an old Traynor bass mate 2x 6v6 that needs caps they are bulging on the board and it`s got hum. Problem- I love the way it sounds right now. Tone is great with nice feel very clear and responsive. Should I get lower cap values to keep this thing sounding and feeling the same...
  4. Britishampfan

NAD-Vintage Traynor

Bought a great sounding vintage amp today. I have no Idea what year it is, low serial, Clean with only minor scuffs for an amp and cab this old. Tubes- Two 6V6, 12AX7 PI and the tube chart says 12AU7 on the input tube. Rogers tubes, says Holland on one of them. Look possibly original. I...
  5. Britishampfan

Amps- The Keepers

Hi there, I would like know what amps you kept and will never ever sell, I have read about best and worst, how many, and brands. What amps you kept and WHY? What is it good for? What does it do that nothing else will? Why is it special? Pictures and sound-clips always welcome...
  6. Britishampfan

The Obscure 60`s Psychedelic Garage Band Cover Thread

Hi There! I am in a Psycedellic Blues Rocka and Rolla Cover Tune Band and we have roughly four sets of Covers down fo 60`s and 70`s classic hits and obscure stuff. Please share your Ideas for good cover songs psychedelic garage or one hit wonders 60`s or 70`s We are doing these few and...
  7. Britishampfan

Top Wrap On Les Paul

I discovered something so good and it was such a surprise. I normally play Ernie Ball 10`s on my strat and my Les Paul. To be honest the 10`s started feeling a little too light on my Les Paul because I was playing my strat so much but I was liking the effortless shredding. And sometimes...
  8. Britishampfan

Transformers

Who is making the best Marshall transformers these days for 2 EL 34`s and a just a bit more grind than headroom and can handle some gain on the front end. and one that has nothing but headroom. I am going to build something Marshally yet new. I think I stumbled on to something cool...
  9. Britishampfan

Advice On Recording Nylon String Guitar

Hi again, Need some advice on how to get better results on recording a nylon string classical guitar. I used a Vocal condenser mic fairly close to the sound hole and got ok results but some problems. Tried mic pre- seemed to boost sensitivity but change the sound. I tried without and it...
  10. Britishampfan

Knight Tube Tester

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew what model of tester this is and if anyone knew how to perform the gas and short test. I know how to do the emission test and the tester works good but no manual. Was a hand me down from my dad, he knew how to do the emissions test but that was it...
  11. Britishampfan

Mastering

I was hoping you masters of mastering could help with my plight. How does one get great sounding results across different playback mediums. My test tracks sound great in the studio on monitors or even on the home stereo with good speakers but when I hear them on a I POD or especially Lap Top...
  12. Britishampfan

Tell me more about Dimarizo area 61/67/58 pickups

I`ve read the reviews, saw the you tube footage and researched this site. Questions: Are they all that glassy? I can`t tell from any of the clips because of the effects, excessive reverb and delay. Anyone use them with a 100 watt marshall and like them? On some clips they don`t seem all...
  13. Britishampfan

BKP Stratocaster Pickups

Anyone use and Bareknuckle strat pickups? what do you think of them. I use Nailbomb humbuckers in my Les Paul and I am quite pleased with them. I recently put my original fender pickups back in my strat and they sound great clean I mean really great clean sound but when I turn up the gain...
  14. Britishampfan

1993 American Standard Strat

Hi, does anyone have any info on wiring and pickups on such a guitar? I have some odd mid notch tone pot and it`s before delta tone and the pickups all measure the same 5.9 ohm. I have two blue wire pickups and one red. I wonder if this is right for the year it seemed to be stock this...
  15. Britishampfan

What speakers should I look at for my Marshall

Hi, I recently bought a Marshall Artist 3203 great little amp and I have a 2/12 cab with 2 100 watt speakers which sounds good has great bass response but a bit shrill on the high end. I was wondering what anyone might suggest for speakers other than greenbacks. I have 4/12`s of greenbacks...
  16. Britishampfan

Hi

Hi this is BAF I hang out at the Plexi Palace mostly and found this place which is really cool. I love and play thrash metal, I like and play all kinds of music and have been in a bunch of different bands from metal to blues and pop. My only cover band was a Iron Maiden tribute band. I`m...
Top Bottom