Search results

1. TheGuacamoleXplosion

Line 6 HX Stomp

Thx :-)
  2. TheGuacamoleXplosion

‘Character’ Reverbs

tried quite some verbs ... my amps both have spring reverb, which sounds great. Still, in recent years, I’ve mostly been using verb from my pedal board for convenience; have been running a Line 6 M5 + Strymon Timeline combo since 2011 (combined with various analog pedals), and while I do like...
  3. TheGuacamoleXplosion

Line 6 HX Stomp

Got my HX Stomp some weeks ago to replace the M5 I’ve had on my board since 2011 (well, it’s actually the 2nd M5, first one died some years ago, but it saw a lot of stages before). Board build is delayed since my CBA Condor is in repair, and I want to include a Pirate MIDI Bridge 4 which will...
  4. TheGuacamoleXplosion

Grissom says the HX Stomp sounds more “digital” than M9?

I’ve played the DL4, then the M9, then had the M5 on my board for 10 years. To my ears, the HX Stomp can sound the same like the M5 (of course, if you make the right settings; like input impedance etc). HX Stomp has a tiny bit more latency – I measured, it’s 1.55 ms vs. 1.2 ms on the M5. Latency...
  5. TheGuacamoleXplosion

Anyone like their HX Stomp for the fx only?

Got a HX Stomp to replace the M5 which has been on my board since 2011. I also have a Strymon Timeline, yet sometimes I want those DL4 Tube Echo and Auto Volume Echoes; aside from that, my M5 was mainly used for Pitch, Modulation and occasional reverb (especially Particle verb). HX Stomp will...
  6. TheGuacamoleXplosion

digital pedals : How much latency do they introduce?

Did some measurements with my M5 and HX Stomp today. Results: M5 has about 1.2 ms of latency. HX Stomp has about 1.55 ms of basic latency. Activating the HX Stomp’s FX loop will double this to about 3.1 ms – similar as it’s documented for the H9...
  7. TheGuacamoleXplosion

Post your COVID acquisitions NGD!

got this beautiful Reverend Club King 290 for a good 2nd hand price :-)
  8. TheGuacamoleXplosion

Reverend Guitars

My first Reverend guitar ... got this fantastic Club King 290 for a good price 2nd hand last week ...
  9. TheGuacamoleXplosion

P-90s do you like em?

Got this beautiful Reverend Club King 290 last week ... my first guitar with P90s (well, not Gibson originals, but Reverend’s take on P90 style soapbar PUs). Loving it so far :love:
  10. TheGuacamoleXplosion

NGD: Reverend Club King 290 Semi-Hollow with Bigsby

@Bob Arbogast @beatnik & @Lacking Talent : Thanks for the kind words :dude
  11. TheGuacamoleXplosion

pandemic guitar acquisitions thread(pandemic =dream guitars)

got this beautiful Reverend Club King 290 last week for a good 2nd hand price ... lowest price of any of my four electrics, still somehow a dream guitar, I’ve been lusting for one for quite some time, and it was sold out everywhere. Glad I found this one now:
  12. TheGuacamoleXplosion

Made a demo vid of the new Moog Subsequent 25, with an all-Moog track

Didn’t use the audio input yet ... will get there soon hopefully! Yeah, soundwise Grandmother is great, also for creating unique new sounds the semi-modular approach is a winner, and I like the built-in spring reverb ... OTOH, Subsequent 25 has all the MIDI control options and presets which...
  13. TheGuacamoleXplosion

NGD: Reverend Club King 290 Semi-Hollow with Bigsby

Got this beauty 2nd hand last week ... great guitar! For a long time, I wanted a guitar with P90s and a Bigsby. Also, after trading in my ES135 Ltd. for a strat back in 2011, I had always missed a big old semi-hollow (I do have a thinline tele, but that’s a different thing) ... was having an...
  14. TheGuacamoleXplosion

Menatone Top Boost in a Can (TBIAC) 8-knob version demo

Thanks ... so far, in the realm of analog pedals, the TBIAC is my favourite Vox emulator; but there’s quite some which I haven’t played in person yet, like the AMT v1 and the BJFE Emerald Green, which both seem very popular. I didn’t delve deep into digital amp emulation/profiling yet, seems...
  15. TheGuacamoleXplosion

Which Volume Pedal should I get???

I’m a big fan of my Sonuus Voluum. It’s a wearless active Volume pedal, based on an analog VCA, but with digital control, MIDI and presets. It’s built very sturdy, I’ve using it heavily at home, in the studio and on stage for more than three years without problems. Features include: heel and...
  16. TheGuacamoleXplosion

Menatone Top Boost in a Can (TBIAC) 8-knob version demo

Made a demo of my Menatone Top Boost in a Can (TBIAC) recently; the 8-knob version from 2007, often referred to as the best incarnation of this Vox-in-a-Box pedal. So, here’s the demo, including Beatles, Queen and U2 covers:
  17. TheGuacamoleXplosion

Truly outstanding effects to own (that won't break the bank)

The Sonuus Voluum is not cheap, but truly outstanding, and a bargain considering everything it can do: completely analog effect with digital control, MIDI and presets (like on most Chase Bliss pedals) wearless volume pedal with heel and toe levels which can be programmed to anywhere between...
  18. TheGuacamoleXplosion

Midi Controlled Compressors

I use two different kind of compression: Lighter for funky stuff and picking; and heavy compression for clean-ish lead parts (think Knopfler, or Gilmour on Shine On You Crazy Diamond part I, or Another Brick in the Wall part II). For this, it’s very convenient to have MIDI control over...
  19. TheGuacamoleXplosion

This is a great programmable digital EQ, but not a compressor :BluesBros
  20. TheGuacamoleXplosion

MIDI controlled compressors as standalone pedals seem to be rare (actually, the above mentioned Jackson Bloom II and Strymon Compadre are also analog multis, containing EQ / Boost circuitry). Additional analog options include: the compressor section in the Sonuus Voluum (check my demo below)...
  21. TheGuacamoleXplosion

Pedal for making a Fender sound like a Vox?

Got the 8-knob version, too ... was my main drive for a long time, until I got my Kingsley Minstrel, which replaced it on my board. Still liking the TBIAC a lot ... here’s my recent demo:
  22. TheGuacamoleXplosion

Menatone tbiac

Got a 2007 on, here’s a demo I just made:
Top Bottom