Search results

1. kombi1976

Why don't all professional guitarists use a looper/switcher system to avoid losing tone when using many pedals?

Having set up a full board, first around an ES-8 which needed the main PCB replacing under warranty, and upgrading to a RJM PBC 6X (as I couldn’t trust the ES-8), I’m seriously considering downsizing and either going to mini pedals or to a modeller/multi-fx system. It’s the weight. At 21 you...
  2. kombi1976

Why don't all professional guitarists use a looper/switcher system to avoid losing tone when using many pedals?

It depends on which looper you have. Some of the very basic ones may not make much difference. But if you use midi gear, or want to switch pedal order, which I do frequently, or like to program set lists, or have many songs to play, then a looper like the RJM PBC is very valuable. Especially if...
  3. kombi1976

Switchers are useful if you have to cover a ton of ground and switch midi and amps as well. I can see that as necessary on some pro gigs but in others I’d say it’s unnecessary. If I built a studio board it’d have a true bypass strip switcher like the Gigrig Quartermaster. Switching through the...
  4. kombi1976

Would You Treat Yourself with a $400 Delay Pedal?

I say if you bond with it go for it. But there are some great deals on the 2nd hand market.
  5. kombi1976

Do you run tremolo before or after delay?

Depends, but usually after delay and before a spring or similar reverb. If its a big shimmer or 8ve verb then not choppy, quite subtle, and after the reverb.
  6. kombi1976

The most pure magic pedal you own

Line 6 M5. So flexible, easy to control, easy to edit, TONS of different fx, even better with an expression pedal. I bought it thinking it would be good for a few things. Now it’s just as well that my RJM switches pedal order because I use it in every position in the signal chain depending on...
  7. kombi1976

So, ever got grief for your pedalboard?

Btw, “the audience can’t tell” line is complete garbage. I often add octave or shimmer reverb in choruses or other effects and always get a lot of great feedback. The Bishop and his wife came last Sunday and she said that the music was incredible. If you’re doing it right all the stuff on your...
  8. kombi1976

So, ever got grief for your pedalboard?

I play reasonably regularly at church but we’re a small town affair - no broadcast or anything. I’d be talking to him away from the rehearsal and asking him where Jesus said it’s important for everything to be black. Life’s too short. If you really haven’t done anything to be difficult and...
  9. kombi1976

ADA GCS-3 cabinet simulator

Is it any good just running pedals into it? I.e. no amp simulation?
  10. kombi1976

What's wrong with this Pedal Board?

Not enough Metal Zones.
  11. kombi1976

How can I use a BOSS DD-500 as a midi controller?

I have a DD500 and I want to send MIDI signals from it to control a Line 6 M5 and a G-Lab 4x Looper. Can I only control one device or both? What settings do I need to enter into the DD500 so I can switch presets & loops on the other 2 devices when I change presets on the DD500? There’s a vid on...
  12. kombi1976

Are neat pedal boards a waste of time?

Here’s an idea. Someone may have already posted it. But how about you semi-permanently mount pedals you use all the time. And then set up easily movable spaces for those pedals you tend to swap out? I’m kinda at that point myself.
  13. kombi1976

Boss DD-500 - MIDI is good.

Abso-freakin-lutely! You can switch presets and parameters and add a tap tempo all through the ES-5. I gather you’re using a 4 cable method.
  14. kombi1976

Creating parallel signal paths on an ES8?

Why would I need the splitter after the ES8 if it has 2 outputs?
  15. kombi1976

Creating parallel signal paths on an ES8?

I have an ES8 and after stripping off the last board which was too big I'm downsizing to a smaller footprint. I'm (once again....call me crazy:confused:) considering running a stereo dual amp rig. I currently have a Laney IRT Studio head and a G12H 1x12" and I'd eventually like to pair it with...
  16. kombi1976

You’re fave non-Chinese mini pedals?

Has someone got a direct link to pickdropper’s pedals?
  17. kombi1976

You’re fave non-Chinese mini pedals?

I’m about to downsize my board by ditching my RV500 and MD500, going for a smaller board and getting some mini pedals. Like TC Electronic, Ibanez, One Control and some of the more kooky stuff. I want to give Mooer and other mini Chinese stuff a miss because, let’s face it, they’re all copies...
  18. kombi1976

Which MIDI reverb pedal?

Yes, a RV500 and I bought an MD500 as well. They've been on my board for a year now and, frankly, they're more of an impediment than a help. All 3 pedals have staggering tweakability.......something that has never been my thing. I have a large young family, a full time job, a leadership role at...
  19. kombi1976

Show Me Your Boss Only Pedalboards!

I'm not going to lie. The MIDI on the whole 500 series is a little taxing, especially when running them AB Simul. If you're one of those guys that likes to mess about with the deep controls then there's a ton of possibilities. But that's why it's so much more complicated. It takes literally AGES...
  20. kombi1976

Show Me Your Boss Only Pedalboards!

Awesome in it's chaos! My board is primarily BOSS (ES-8, DD-500, MD-500, RV-500, RC-3, FS-7) and I use MIDI a ton. Were you running any pedals in the ME-5 loop? What was the order? And how well does the ME-5 respond to MIDI commands?
  21. kombi1976

What are your "Pet Peeves" when it comes to guitars/gear?

People who complain about clamp on tuners staying on the headstock........ ;)
  22. kombi1976

Which MIDI reverb pedal?

I have. I'll look into it.
  23. kombi1976

Which MIDI reverb pedal?

Mmmm, I'm not sure I want to take a leap into the Strymon stable.......o_O
  24. kombi1976

Which MIDI reverb pedal?

I've initially between aiming for the entire BOSS 500 series trilogy, but I tried out the RV-500 yesterday and I didn't bond with it. It was a bit, well, meh? Is there something I've missed? Was it that I just didn't have enough time or should've been looking at some different presets? And if...
  25. kombi1976

Boss DD-500 - MIDI is good.

Further challenges. I've just converted the footswitches on my DD 500 to A/B SIMUL so I can run 2 presets on a bank at once. Question.......can I turn on both at once using MIDI? I'm using a BOSS ES-8 FX switcher so it should play nice. BTW, my DD 500 is running v2.01 firmware.
Top Bottom