Search results

1. Lothar34

Reverb Tax Question

I assume the total is taxed since most items are listed as free shipping instead of a huge markup, but just wondering if shipping charges are taxed too on Reverb? For instance if someone buys a $100 guitar +$100 for shipping and insurance, are they taxed on $200 or $100? I looked at their...
  2. Lothar34

Bass Intonation Adustment

I had some good parts & pups laying around so I picked up a cheapo short scale bass to upgrade ,but just can't seem to get it intonated. It's supposed to be a 30 inch scale, but every string is WAY sharp w/ saddles around 30 inches. I'm going to have to pull them back closer to 31 to get it...
  3. Lothar34

Who Owns or Has Played LTD 1000 series?

Well the online store and the ESP website are beyond useless, so I was just wondering if anyone here has ever put down your 59 Lester long enough to try one of the LTD 1000 series (single cut or SG style)? I really want an Evertune but they seem to only cram them into shredder guitars & the LTDs...
  4. Lothar34

Bigsby Experts/Modders- Help Please!

Hi Guys- About a year or so ago I picked up a Yamaha Revstar 720B and absolutely love it, but have created tuning problems for myself somehow. Stock, it stayed in tune great, but the Bigsby would go out quite a bit from gentle use. Most of the time I rarely used the bar anyway and should have...
  5. Lothar34

Bass recording EQ Question

Looking for suggestions on recording bass specifically for phone/crappy laptop speaker playback. I did a long distance lock-down collab with an old friend on a song for my mom. He recorded the acoustic and his vocals. I recorded bass and lead guitar. All the tracks are separate in my daw...
  6. Lothar34

LPJ Prices WTF?

I ran across an interesting 2013 LPJ recently but felt the seller was a bit unrealistic--I mean these things were super low end and only sold for $600 new. I think I remember them being blown out for $499 at one point too. So I looked at a few others out of morbid curiousity and they are all...
  7. Lothar34

What happened to the Narrowfield?

Ive never seen or heard a bad word about the Narrowfield pickups, yet PRS no longer makes them? Just wondering why?
  8. Lothar34

Bigsby V5/B5 experience advice?

I've only owned one Bigsby before (a Starla several years back). I loved the Bigby but the Starla itself wasnt comfortable for my preferred playing position. So I recently picked up an SG HP and decided to go with the V5/B5, but no matter what I do, I can't get it to stay in tune- even when...
  9. Lothar34

Mercuriall Spark Issues w/ Garageband Anyone?

Before Xmas I was trying to decide between the Stomp & the Headrush, but my needs are so simple, someone here suggested I just try the Mercuriall Spark. I had basically tried most all the decent plug-ins (short of UA) and given up, but played the trial version of Spark for a week and LOVED...
  10. Lothar34

Is there a guitar that made you face your GAS problem?

Is there anyone else out there who buys guitars under the guise of being on a mission to finally find "the one"? That axe you are going to always reach for? The one that checks nearly all the boxes of your own personal preferences? What happens when you find it....but then don't play it and...
  11. Lothar34

Alpaca- Cool Firebird Banjo or Steinberger Replacement Tuners

https://www.etsy.com/listing/464275278/steinberger-replacement-gearless-linear So I just picked up a sweet Slash Epi Firebird on the Emporium. It's got the fat neck, big inlays, and awesome humbuckers that I prefer in a bird, but suffers the same problem as nearly all reverse birds w/...
  12. Lothar34

Anyone still rockin a Bugera G5?

Found a silly steal of a deal on a G5 head recently and just couldn't pass it up. I was worried because I'd read they were clones of the Blackstar HT5, which I owned once for about 2 hours, literally. Worst sounding amp ever, but I may have had a dud since I generally do like Blackstars (at...
  13. Lothar34

Stomp or Gigboard for simple direct out/Headphone monitor needs?

So first of all, I hate that I'm even having to go back to digital, but it makes the most sense given that I'm playing at home on headphones 95% of the time these days. -I HATE tweaking. Used to have the Atomic and a POD HD. Most of the tones were good enough for me, but hated the interfaces...
  14. Lothar34

Poor Mans Headless Project- complete, mostly

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?media/headless.131961/ Long read, but worth it if you are interested in a headless without spending $1000 or more & are contemplating the DIY route. After lusting after Strandbergs for years, I finally got a Boden several months ago but returned it...
  15. Lothar34

Another Recording Noise Post

Hey guys, I read through some of the similar posts and thought maybe the twist to my question is unique enough to warrant a new discussion. Short version: Recording interface into DAW on a 2011, iMac has unbearable hum when only playing filthy rock & roll on one single coil. Would isolating...
  16. Lothar34

Filling a small screw hole- beyond toothpicks?

I'm in the process of converting a cheap chinese trem Strandberg-type-headless, to a quality fixed bridge that actually stays in tune. I filled the stock trem cavity with a block of oak, and have installed a bridge that is 6 separate pieces. I got it from Remco Mayer, btw, at...
  17. Lothar34

Theory Newbie: Seems like just learning Major is most efficient

Sorry if this topic has been covered a million times, but I was just watching the Rut Buster vid with Justin Guitar and the Captain & as a player in my 40s who has only recently dabbled in theory, I totally feel Lee's pain. I had a couple minor pentatonic patterns in my trick bag for a few...
  18. Lothar34

ATH M40x closed ear/removeable cable alternatives?

I'm happy with the sound quality of the Audio Technica, but not so much the comfort. I always thought I had a large head (7.5 ball cap), but it must only be big, front to back, because width-wise. I feel like a little kid with these M40x's flopping around everywhere. And when they aren't...
  19. Lothar34

Reshaping a headstock- best alt tool?

I have an ugly long headstock on a guitar I otherwise love and am always banging it into the wall in my tiny office. I'm thinking of chopping a couple inches off the tip but don't have a scroll saw and got rid of my router when we moved cross country. Is there another tool that would work as...
  20. Lothar34

NGD +Big Thumbs up 2 MusicGoRound Littleton

Not sure if this is the right thread and I'm not affiliated at all, but just wanted to share a fantastic long distance buying experience. Just picked up a super fun Ibanez Paul Gilbert Fireman at a stupid good price online from the MusicGoRound store in Littleton. They responded to my...
  21. Lothar34

Want to make a custom 12th fret inlay on fretted board- bad idea?

I want to carve out a 12th fret fireman's axe on a rosewood fingerboard that currently has 2 generic dots. The design will only be close to the frets on either side of the axe head's (maybe 2 mm from frets on either side) with the handle about the same width as the standard dots. I'm...
  22. Lothar34

Fat Taper Firebirds with volute?

I used to have a 70s Tribute Firebird that I sort of regret letting go in the Emporium. Does anyone know if there are other years/models that also have a volute and the fatter carve? That one was .80 to .963. I'd like to get one with the same neck that is neck-through with trapezoids instead...
  23. Lothar34

New Guitar Damaged- Store wants to make it right- What's Fair?

So after getting caught up over the long holiday weekend, my new Strandberg was on on the road for 8 long hot days. As soon as I opened the box, I noticed a small chunk out of the very top. It's about half the size of a pinky nail and not visible from the front or back. There's a tiny amount...
  24. Lothar34

Toning Down Babicz Logo

Babicz logo-toned down by Lothar34 posted May 28, 2018 at 11:22 AM If there are 2 things I hate on guitars, it's shiny hardware and gaudy logos. I've seen people asking specifically about getting rid of the Babicz name, whether it's a screen print or not, etc. It's definitely laser etched and...
  25. Lothar34

Open Tunings- set-up or naw?

I was trying to jam along to Stay with Me (Open E) last night and it's been a while since I messed with an Open tuning. I couldn't even get through the intro without several strings going flat on me and my intonation was way out- even tuning the G string a little flatter to compensate, it was...
Top Bottom