Search results

1. Lothar34

Updated Revstars

Just sold my 720B played it for several more years than I usually play anything w/out getting bored, so it's a huge winner. At 9 lbs it was just too hefty though so the plan was to get a new one when I heard they are chambered but then I saw they screwed with the neck. The 1.69 was perfect...
  2. Lothar34

Reverb Tax Question

I assume the total is taxed since most items are listed as free shipping instead of a huge markup, but just wondering if shipping charges are taxed too on Reverb? For instance if someone buys a $100 guitar +$100 for shipping and insurance, are they taxed on $200 or $100? I looked at their...
  3. Lothar34

Who Owns or Has Played LTD 1000 series?

Fedex showed up out of the blue on a Sunday w/ this bad boy..my first flea bay transaction in years. It shipped the day of the blizzard & arrived super cold, but IN TUNE. Not only that, but the prior owner set the Evertune up to where bends still work. I knew it was possible, but wasn't...
  4. LTD Evertune

LTD Evertune

5. Lothar34

Bass Intonation Adustment

I had some good parts & pups laying around so I picked up a cheapo short scale bass to upgrade ,but just can't seem to get it intonated. It's supposed to be a 30 inch scale, but every string is WAY sharp w/ saddles around 30 inches. I'm going to have to pull them back closer to 31 to get it...
  6. Lothar34

Seems like a crap shoot from year to year and model to model....kinda infuriating. I ended up rolling the dice & ordering an Eclipse ET1000 just now. Even though it doesn't look like a shredder (to me), one of the reviewers said his had a smaller neck than his other LTDs.
  7. Lothar34

Thanks. I think I'm just gonna call the store, try to find out if the one I want is under 9 lbs & if so let them know I want to try it but am most likely going be using their trial/return period. Hope to hear from my mechanic before calling though & make sure the wife's transmission isn't too...
  8. Lothar34

Maybe they are heavier now? The Evertune unit is nearly 2 lbs, but once all the wood is routed out, they say it only effectively adds about 6-8 ounces, but it appears LTDs have a WIDE swing in weight. An Eclipse ET1000 at Sweetwater can be under 8 to over 10 lbs. I haven't seen a Viper under...
  9. Lothar34

Well the online store and the ESP website are beyond useless, so I was just wondering if anyone here has ever put down your 59 Lester long enough to try one of the LTD 1000 series (single cut or SG style)? I really want an Evertune but they seem to only cram them into shredder guitars & the LTDs...
  10. Lothar34

Schecter PT Special- any opinions?

I have one like this. It's not the guitar I reach for the most, but not a thing wrong with it. I've had a few Schecters and was never disappointed. https://reverb.com/item/2663626-schecter-pt-aviation-flying-tiger-2004
  11. Lothar34

PRS prices

Is calling these stores the "secret"? I am interested in a non-PRS at one of these "not big box stores" we are all familiar with. So I email them about their discount code not working. One of the salesmen said he was sending me "an invoice" with their best price but never did. Then I follow up...
  12. Lothar34

Yamaha Revstar Neck

I have the 720B. Been my main player for almost two years now, which is an eternity for me. The neck reminds me of the PRS SE wide fat. Bigger than Fender or shredder fare, but I wouldn't call it chunky either. If only it was about 1.5 to 2 lbs lighter it would be the perfect guitar for me.
  13. Lothar34

Bigsby Experts/Modders- Help Please!

Hi Guys- About a year or so ago I picked up a Yamaha Revstar 720B and absolutely love it, but have created tuning problems for myself somehow. Stock, it stayed in tune great, but the Bigsby would go out quite a bit from gentle use. Most of the time I rarely used the bar anyway and should have...
  14. Lothar34

Bass recording EQ Question

Looking for suggestions on recording bass specifically for phone/crappy laptop speaker playback. I did a long distance lock-down collab with an old friend on a song for my mom. He recorded the acoustic and his vocals. I recorded bass and lead guitar. All the tracks are separate in my daw...
  15. Lothar34

Higher gauge strings to cure tele-clone string/fret buzz?

Maybe you have some high frets
  16. Lothar34

Just bought a Yamaha Revstar RS720B

I can't answer the question but once looked at trying to get a 502 tailpiece for another project & couldn't find them for sale, so I assume the tuners aren't available either. I suggest just going for the 720. I was in the exact same boat- preferred the 502, wanted P90s, hate wraparounds, but...
  17. Lothar34

LPJ Prices WTF?

I ran across an interesting 2013 LPJ recently but felt the seller was a bit unrealistic--I mean these things were super low end and only sold for $600 new. I think I remember them being blown out for $499 at one point too. So I looked at a few others out of morbid curiousity and they are all...
  18. Lothar34

What’s the consensus on Kiesel guitars?

I would like to see Kiesel start carvin' up some new neck profiles and nut widths
  19. Lothar34

Epiphone "Inspired by Gibson" Collection thoughts?

This new Epi line is the biggest hit of NAMM in my opinion. I had my eye on some higher end models from other makers for 2020 gas ,but after seeing the Epi line up, now I'm definitely going to wait and check out the 61 SG and the Firebird, for sure, plus maybe the Muse. The second thing is...
  20. Lothar34

What happened to the Narrowfield?

Ive never seen or heard a bad word about the Narrowfield pickups, yet PRS no longer makes them? Just wondering why?
  21. 20191207_062854_resize_9

20191207_062854_resize_9

22. Lothar34

What aesthetics about a brand just make you instantly say no?

Sorry Doug! At least you are in great company in my mind along with Grosh, Anderson, and in all fairness an even better example.... BiLT, but I love Firebirds and grew up shopping blue light specials at Kmart so yours was just on the front of my brain that day. If that cool cavity plate logo...
  23. Lothar34

What aesthetics about a brand just make you instantly say no?

-Tele headstock -Gold hardware -Cheap looking logos on expensive guitars (Kauer Daylighter comes to mind) -PRS dot inlays
  24. Lothar34

High End Guitar That Fell Flat For You?

Strandberg- nothing wrong with the guitar, but I just couldn't play it. That weird neck didn't work for top wrapping my thumb, I missed too many notes, and it set way too close to my body. Only guitar I've ever played where upper fret access was limited because my hand kept hitting my gut...
  25. Lothar34

The Story of Today's Reverend Guitars

I had a Sensei several years ago and it was the only mid-level axe I didn't want to alter in some way. Since then I've had several SGs (USA) and that Sensei was better in every way than all of the SGs. Recently decided to grab another Reverend--a Six Gun TL this time. Again, superb in every...
Top Bottom