• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. S

Fender Classic Player Jaguar Special

A long shot, but I used to own a 1998 Gibson SG Deluxe. If I ever find another one, I'd probably get that.
  2. S

My thinking is that if I can use his Jazzer, why try to buy it. I love the jag I played a couple years back, but if its close enough in sound/feel I'll probably get something different. Maybe a Firebird...
  3. S

Not a bad plan. Dunno if he wants to sell, but I will definitely consider it and bring it up to him. Its a sweetie. Dunno why they say it has a nitro finish, cause if it does, it feels almost identical with the majority of my guitars (poly finish). Not that it matters, but they shouldn't...
  4. S

Hmm. Do you or have you owned one of the AVRI Jags? I played one a couple of years ago at Elderly and it was superb.
  5. S

OK. So my buddy and co-guitarist has an AVRI Jazzmaster in black which he never uses (he's a southpaw, and its a righty) so I grappled my hands on it, and love it. So much so that I've decided to sell my Strat and buy an offset of my own. I stumbled across these new Jaguars on the Fender...
  6. S

Dod Fx17: Vco Info?

Thanks for the info All. I think I might sell it, and get a HOG and expression pedal.
  7. S

Interesting, but not much on the VCF function. Anybody know if this would work with something like the Moog CP-251?
  8. S

Hey, I have a DOD FX17 Wah/Volume that I have gotten good results with, both as a wah and a volume pedal. However, I am interested to try out the Control Voltage part of the pedal. The problem is, I don't know what to get to use it. Do I get a VCO or did DOD make something to use in tandem with...
  9. S

Ok...My music. My songs, is more like it.

finally got a group together, 4 piece. Influences - The Band, Wilco, Little Feat, Dylan, Neil Young, etc...Should be a rockin set up.
  10. S

Nash and Warmoth combo? Does it exist?

Ok. I saw some stuff for ABC vintage in Texas, looked like quality stuff. I just dunno if shelling out the big bucks for a CS Fender is what I want, and I don't want to risk Nash and have then neck shape be wrong.
  11. S

Nash and Warmoth combo? Does it exist?

Hey guys. I'm trying to build a strat that has all of the spec of a vintage guitar, but I want to avoid Warmoth because of their use of Polyurethane. I wonder if there is any company out there who builds fender style parts in a vintage manner. I know Nash is where I'd like to go, but I don't...
  12. S

restoring my 67 Riviera/345...

New pics and a video posted.
  13. S

Yeah. Luckily I haven't gone off on any of my Prog leanings yet, but if a 10+ minute epic comes up and it seems vague, I'm always here for interpretations.
  14. S

right but the word ours has two meanings: the first is ours as a collective, i.e. the world as a whole. the second ours means me and the person Im singing to. So depending on how you look at it, it could come off as redundant.
  15. S

YEah that does make sense. I actually used to be in choir to, and since then I've never had any confidence in my voice (hence the "pulling back"). As for the songs, I think the end of No. 27 is influenced by "Time Was" by Wishbone Ash, but I dunno if it will work out. Slow drive I still consider...
  16. S

Funnilly enough, a lot of the bass on my songs is either my voice or my guitar running through an octave divider. I know the "amp" sounds are kinda ****. It's line6 software. I cant record live guitars in my apartment, but I'm trying to figure something out.
  17. S

Got the updates. It's almost finished. Just needs final top coats and neck inlays.
  18. S

I know. I cant tell ya how many times Ive recorded bits and pieces, then deleted them with out listening, only to realize I should've saved it!
  19. S

Yeah. Actually it was a condenser and my allergies were acting up (early June, 2007). Most of these are still what I consider demo quality. I am a bum and refuse to write anything down, hence my computer has become my pen and paper. But I am still working out some engineering bugs, such as using...
  20. S

Thanks yZe! The silent tracks are due to bad exporting, but thanks on the heads up, now I can fix them! I appreciate the comments (although I had more of George Harrison and Bob Dylan in mind with "Tale...").
  21. S

Right...good point. Well for lyrical content and melody (neither of which I believe I'm that good at), I would suggest "Lust", "No. 27", "Slow Drive", and "A Tale of Three Lovers". For just upbeat pop(ish) tunes, "Ellie", "Karma Sutra", "Blossom", and "Celebrate Life". "Chicago Snowfall" is my...
  22. S

Nothing on this really showcases my lead playing, but more my sense of harmony and melody through my songwriting. Please, comments are welcome (just not too harsh!). Thanks Guys. http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=801374 -Colin
  23. S

It's close to being done. I have the original electronics, but might upgrade to Black Beauty or Orange drop caps. There were no p'ups supplied so Im using the old PAF copies from my 1980 Greco Les Paul copy (replaced them with Burst Buckers with the Peter Green mod). All in all should be a sweet...
  24. S

Updated and added pics.