• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. C

Bad OT?

Hi Cirrus. thank you. that have pretty much sense. but the real think I cannot imagine is how this voltage is induced in secondary side as time the primary was in open circuit (power tubes was pulled off). just primary center tap of OT was conected. Thanks Catalin
  2. C

Bad OT?

Hello everybody. I have seen a weird phenomena regards the OT in one of my Plexi project looking for potential hum sources. Each time when I power on the HT ( with all tubes pulled off) I recorded a sort of short slight "thump" in speakers for second and progresively disapear after. I did a...
  3. C

Aiken's Reactive Dummy Load.

Hallo You can also try to rise the signal out ground with a small value resistor:10-47 ohm for instance, for humm ground issues.sometimes works pretty well. Catalin
  4. C

Hi, very useful infos there. Thank you. Catalin
  5. C

Hallo. can someone explain what is happen with impedance when the cone reach the maximal excursion into a guitar speaker, please ? it is as constant when the speaker breakup taking in consideration just one single frequency , for instance ?or it is vary somehow depends of position of coil into...
  6. C

Hello. everything well known and elementary. thank you. I used the plot graphs presented here by James Freeman resulting from his measurements on a Framus speaker and the same values, tested on a Framus CB 212 as he allready did. So everything was matched almost perfect taking in consideration...
  7. C

Nice work , congrats ! One sugest, with you permission. If you leave the air core coil fasten as so the measurement will be influenced. better to raise 1 inch over the bottom fasten on a non el-magnetic material support(plastic, wood block or some). use nylon straps to fasten it. a metalic screw...
  8. C

Hi , two Hammond in series works for me, but think Erse-(ilya-v can tell you more)-is build with tight tolerances - from 3 pcs Hammond I had values between 8-9mH at 100 Hz. but smaller resistance 0,16 ohm and bigger curent capability 5A 200uF is too much. look for something in 100-150uF range...
  9. C

Happy New Year to All, nice parallel RLC calculator here : http://www.amanogawa.com/archive/CircuitsA.html think is pretty difficult to predict the reponse when you mix reactive elements in series/parallel configuration cause each one will come with its own characteristics canceling one to...
  10. C

Anyone Been Able to Try a Surh SL68

Hello 100% agree. is better to use acoustic coupling instead electric coupling into a loop using modulation effects. More-better to use a separate decoupled cabinet instead to use diferent speaker into one cab.Or best - to use two separate left /right cabs for real panning modulation effects...
  11. C

..more ... http://www.patent2pdf.com/pdf/04937874.pdf http://home.comcast.net/~tamivox/dave/speaker/graphs.html
  12. C

Hello, useful link : http://www.reocities.com/sunsetstrip/studio/2987/speaker.html some building considerations: keep an eye on RLC meter when you mount inductors in a case. The inductance will vary with position in metal box and also is relative with distance from another electromagnetic...
  13. C

Hello maybe I'm wrong but have a Marshall Power Brake schematic with a resonance LC circuit centered at 113 Hz and not in around 350 hz as it was presented in a plot of http://www.soundsmith.com/fake.htm. Also confused to compare diferent impedances loads on the same plot graph. Light me please...
  14. C

Hi You're right, the power of resistors is direct proportional with thermic dissipation. For instance my 150w are not rated more than 50 w without a proper sink, and that in 25*C ambient conditions (ca.77*F) and not in hot air closed box- more important as we run "almost DC" on output. The...
  15. C

Hello , I used capacitors for engine (Ducati 50uF/400V - Romania made), they are mkp type and works fair well for low freq. aplication.(also resistant and stable in high temperature conditions).(btw.they are industrial caps but are better rated for audio aplication rather than Erse pulse-x...
  16. C

Hi , started my Aiken's load project / slightly different values. catalin
  17. C

Hi bassicaly the frequency of resonant peak will go up (depends of the volume) and also the impedance level will increase a little according with the Q of cabinet crank the cab man , it's in the name of science and how this stuff works...(joke) Thank man , many usefull infos here catalin...
  18. C

one question please... which voltage you aplied into the load for your measurements ? Thanks Catalin
  19. C

Nice build , congrats. Catalin
  20. C

I will do so, thanks for ideea.
  21. C

you should try a Palmer:banana
  22. C

K , ya confused terminology, I used also for live routed second amp in parallel with load ( which was a real speaker) for slaving. nice sounding overall , but not pretty sure usable for recordings ,or routed to PA mixer fx section and back , as you said Catalin
  23. C

OK. it is "flat" but feel you have the right harmonics in your tone (sound) , compared with the speaker ? - just curious what speaker you used with amp before