• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. T

Help me target my next guitar

Here is my situation. I currently have the following Driskill Diablo - 3 P90's, swamp ash top - does the blues rock thing real good. Melancon pro Artist T - 2 P 90's, Koa top - does cleans better than the Driskill, better suited for things a little more country rock. Gretsch 6120 Chet Atkins...
  2. T

Completely in love with my Hamer Monaco

Overthe last 6 months or so, my GAS has picked up. I got a Gretsch 6120 in the summer, which I love. A month or so ago I was looking for a 335 type guitar. In my searches I saw a hollowbody Les Paul with a Bigsby that really drew my attention. It was brand new, and the store was asking about...
  3. T

value of Hamer USA guitars

Does it make sense that since these are discontinued their value could/should increase, or is this more driven by market conditions?
  4. T

help me find a lighter weight practice (combo) amp

I have, and love, a Rivera Suprema 55 combo amp. I believe they weigh 70 pounds. Looks like our band is going into a new practice space in which I will have to bring my won amp back and forth. Don't want to be hauling this beast around everytime we practice. Also would like the price range...
  5. T

Rockabilly sound - help me find my next guitar

I am looking for a hollow body guitar with a bigsby. Targetting the $750-$1,000 range. What pickups should I look for to best do the rock-a-billy and even blues rock sound? The following, make models in my price range: Godin, Guild, Gretsch, Epiphone. Are there others I should...
  6. T

First recording from my band Heavy Horse

I posted this in the sound hound lounge, but it probably should be here. This is the pre-mastered version, we are finishing 3 other songs for a demo, and they will then all be mastered. Pretty basic, straight rock-n-roll song. I like the contrast of the dark lyrics about the world of an addict...
  7. T

First recording from my band Heavy Horse

This is the pre-mastered version, we are finishing 3 other songs for a demo, and they will then all be mastered. Pretty basic, straight rock-n-roll song. I like the contrast of the dark lyrics about the world of an addict or living with an addict and the upbeat, toe tapping music...
  8. T

pedalboard question

I have this: And the bag is pretty worn out, the zipper is toast. Is there a way I can get one of these: This Furman model is discountinued, and not sure if they ever just sold the bag separately anyway. Have not had a lot of luck finding just a bag or case that would be the right...
  9. T

effects chain question

I recently added a TIM and Aquapuss to my pedal board: clyde wah deluxe->deja2->supa trem->TIM->choralflange->aqua puss I am very happy with the results so far. The Aqua Puss manual states the pedal should be in front of any distortion, so I am going to give that a shot. Should I put it...
  10. T

Learning to use my Tascam 2488

Last year I picked up a Tascam digital recorder. I have recorded a few tracks to learn how to use the thing. Here are a couple of samples: http://soundcloud.com/timmitchell-3/one-million http://soundcloud.com/timmitchell-3/bad-girl The two samples above are basically me doing many different...
  11. T

what motivates you to play?

Meaning, what is your goal or what are you looking to accomplish? Do you work on exercises and scales to improve your skill and technical ability? Do you study and practice theory? Are there songs you hear that you HAVE to learn? Do you work on developing and writing your own music...
  12. T

Best looking Driskill I have seen

Being that I have a Driksill with 3 P90's, I'm sure it sounds incredible as well. This thing is off the charts IMO.
  13. T

unbelievable creation from Joe Driskill

This may be the most incredible thign I have seen. I may actually like the back better: http://www.driskillguitars.com/wolf.htm