• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. crambone

Great Martin vs Taylor video.

good video
  2. crambone

Martin > Taylor ..?

I'll say this: the 114ce's I've owned were both REALLY good guitars and I wish I had kept one of them.
  3. crambone

Martin > Taylor ..?

To each his own but I love my Taylors. I've had 2 114ce's and am currently rocking a 314ce. I won't use anything else.
  4. crambone

Recommend a guitar humidifier

FL resident here. Nothing special, just a travel soap case with a sponge in my Taylor 314ce case.
  5. crambone

PSA: Guitar Humidity

Here in Central FL we turn our heat on about 6-7 times per year. Still, I keep a damp sponge in a travel-sized soap case in my Taylor case year-round. Can't hurt, right?
  6. crambone

Lower end Taylors - new 214ce Deluxe vs. used 314ce?

You will love the 314ce
  7. crambone

Happy N 'B-Day' G to me from my Wife.

ahh, understood.
  8. crambone

NG - Taylor 314ce LTD

I <3 my 314ce. Good stuff. And yes, I still smell the inside of the guitar every time I take it out of its case. Seriously.
  9. crambone

NGD - Taylor 812 !!

Beautiful!!!
  10. crambone

NGD - Taylor content!

Very cool!!!
  11. crambone

Just picked up an early 07 Taylor 110

<3 Taylor's!!!
  12. crambone

Taylor 110 Review

My first Taylor was a 114ce. I loved that thing. I miss it dearly.
  13. crambone

Any capo that's particularly good w/ acoustics?

PlanetWaves NS Capos for me, all day. Electric or acoustic, I love them. I still have a few Keysers but those put way too much tension on the strings for my taste.
  14. crambone

How fast do fret wear down?

I learned the hard way (wore down the frets my first decent acoustic guitar) how to best prolong your fret's life: Change your strings often Wash your hands before you play Wipe down your frets before and after you play
  15. crambone

NGD - Taylor 214CE-DLX KOA

very nice!
  16. crambone

Taylor Service Packages feedback

Yeah man, don't do it for that price.
  17. crambone

Running an Acoustic-Electric Guitar through an electric amp?

Why not? I gig out regularly (2-3 times per month) and my Taylor is always played through my Vox AC15C1 without issue. I have to turn up the volume a bit, but other than that it sounds great. One less thing to lug around. FWIW, I do keep a Behringer DI-100 closeby just in case but I am too...
  18. crambone

Taylor fall ltd 714ce for a Martin CEO 7 - good trade?

Let us know what happens!
  19. crambone

Taylor fall ltd 714ce for a Martin CEO 7 - good trade?

It depends on how YOU feel. If you think you'd get more enjoyment/playing time/moxie out of the Martin, go for it and don't look back. A few years ago I traded a Fender American Standard Tele straight-up for a Gibson LP Studio with a few upgrades. On paper I got the short end of the stick...
  20. crambone

NGD - Taylor GS-Mini-e RW

I loves me some Taylors!!!
  21. crambone

Best Acoustic-Electric under $450

You should be able to snag a used Taylor 114ce for about $450.00-$500.00. Fits your bill quite nicely. That's what I would be on the hunt for.