Search results

1. Abandoned

Bad Boogie experience in the past; might be ready to try again

The express amps are just solid time platforms that sound great, especially for their price. They are one of my favorite boogies.
  2. Abandoned

Advice on small current tube amp

Great pic. Yeah, pro juniors are awesome.
  3. Abandoned

Where to buy a knob for my Tim?

Small bear electronics?
  4. Abandoned

why the THD 2x12 cabinet sounds so good?

I agree, that THD 2x12 cab is kinda small but big in the tone department.
  5. Abandoned

Any advantages of Klone over Timmy?

Yeah I'd go Timmy with that amp.
  6. Abandoned

Saved by Bearfoot

Leave it to bearfoot fx to leave you jaw dropped. Cool story though.
  7. Abandoned

What about the Green Rhino? Good enough?

Yes. Absolutely. They are a huge bang for the buck. For $80ish dollars, yeah they're awesome.
  8. Abandoned

Victoria 5E3 Tweed Deluxe circuit vs. 5F1 Tweed Champ circuit

Wait for real? Like for sure?
  9. Abandoned

Ok so with these last couple posts... What can I get for a grand Swart wise? And what if I'm in a full and with drummer who needs very low volumes? The 5e3 would probably be too loud if my 12 watt Z is too loud now.
  10. Abandoned

^ Thanks for the additional help y'all. And to answer the most important question, yes I am restrained to a very tight volume control... that's why I feel like I have to hav the 5112. But am just concerned about it being to small sounding and brash and not warm or big enough. But what's the...
  11. Abandoned

Well it seems everyone agrees that these two amps sound pretty different, but no many have actually described their tonal differences in detail. So does the 20112 have a lot more bass? Is it a lot tighter? The the 5f1's bass completely much out under higher gain settings (not using pedals) Is...
  12. Abandoned

victoria 5112 vs the 20112: big tonal differences?

I see. I played a Les Paul through a Fender EC Tremolux and the bottom end stayed together very nicely. I guess we will see if my Hamer through the 5112 holds together enough for me.
  13. Abandoned

Ok this is some good info I haven't heard too much about, just some. I don't mind the sag in Tone or a little loose bottom end... I like the give. Does the ivy still sound very tweed?
  14. Abandoned

Ok gotcha, good to know about the fatter tone. I know what you mean about clean headroom but I will not ever be using this for clean live. So I guess that aspect is negligible for me. I agree 5 watts may not be enough but I have a decently quiet playing stage so the fact that it's quiet...
  15. Abandoned

Thanks. So have you played both back to back or owned both? And was the added fatness perceived that way cuz the 20112 is much louder?
  16. Abandoned

Rank your preferences on these amps.

Mini Rec Express H&K (never played it) I think the Mesa Mini Rec is tons of fun and sounds great for what it's aimed to do, and does a great job at it. It feels great too. Express is just a solid good amp and tone.
  17. Abandoned

Looking for amp suggestions... Low stage volume desired...

I think something like a Mesa Triple Rectifier would fit the bill perfectly.
  18. Abandoned

This is a very good point. If the 5112 and the 20112 are stated to be basically the same volume/loudness then why wouldn't the 5112 be just as gig-able as the 20112? Any answers on this? And we're not talking headroom - just loudness/volume.
  19. Abandoned

BB Preamp

I agree with you OP about the original.
  20. Abandoned

Best Tweed Deluxe 5e3 Amp

^ Yeah the first one, the Tweed.
  21. Abandoned

Yeah I'm kinda just look from amp to amp without changing much. FWIW: This amp says Fender Deluxe on the metal label on the front of the amp. It's the one released it 2007 I believe.
  22. Abandoned

Ok so what's a goo price on the Fender '57 Tweed Deluxe Reissue they came out with a few years ago? $1000? $1200? Also - will the Victoria be a much better amp than this Fender? Better components, quality tone and build? I remember playing one of these Fender Tweed Deluxe Reissues a few years...
  23. Abandoned

If you like 5E3's

I tried that link and it says that listing has been removed.
  24. Abandoned

If you like 5E3's

It seems like that could be a harder search though. Finding one that doesn't need massive restoring or original parts, etc. Especially without breaking the bank.
  25. Abandoned

If you like 5E3's

Cool. Thanks for the advice. I went on a search for a 5e3 maybe less than 2 weeks ago, thought it was gonna be simple... WRONG! Lol.