• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. Redrum

Is there a trick to George Ls?

I've been using George L's for years, mostly as patch cables on my pedal boards. The one thing I've found that helps to avoid any connection issues is to simply pin the patch cables down between pedals with cable ties. They're easily installed/removed when needed and simply keep all the patch...
  2. Redrum

Duesey Reverend my new #1!

Nice! Love Revs.
  3. Redrum

Sleeper Pedals

Ibanez EM5 Echomachine.
  4. Redrum

NGD: Suhr Custom JM Killer!

The stepped headstock looks great and adds a little mass as well.
  5. Redrum

Tonight's Rig

Oh the venerable DL4! Still see a lot of these out and about. Still have one myself. A cult classic.
  6. Redrum

What amp for something smaller than a Fender Deluxe Reverb?

Well, it ain't no Princeton but take a look at a Swart Atomic Space Tone. Don't really need the "Pro" version, just a regular AST and mic it. Maybe used if you can find one. Killer reverb and vibrato. Portable. Check one out.
  7. Redrum

NGD: Suhr Custom JM Killer!

And, it's....GOOD! Through the uprights and wins the game! Awesome spec. Enjoy.
  8. Redrum

Drummer auditions... good times.

Gotta be a heads-up player and always looking for visual cues. That goes for everyone in the band and especially the drummer. The younger kid sounds tempting but chances are he'll be toting along baggage (like his Dad, developing romantic relationships and just dealing with life as a teen)...
  9. Redrum

NGD: 2014 Suhr Classic T Antique

Nice! And congrats for finding a killer T-style! I have a Classic T Pro which is essentially the same guitar (Swamp Ash/Maple combo) without the roasted neck. It's a powerhouse Tele. "SNAP" indeed!
  10. Redrum

Hindsight 20/20: Gigging & the COVID-19 thing...

Wise words. Take heed friends. This is real.
  11. Redrum

It Suhr was a wonderful NGD

It's always interesting when a guitar finds you rather than the other way around!
  12. Redrum

The Magic of Boost Pedals and Preamps (and the EchoPlex Mystery)

I've been using an Xotic EP Booster for a couple months now and I'm sold. I love it with all my amps and different guitars. It's been one of the most enlightening pieces of gear I've had in ages.
  13. Redrum

choose a Tele - American Original vs Suhr

It's also interesting to note that Mr. Suhr spent quite a bit of time building guitars for Fender. If anyone knows Fender's production ethos, it's John Suhr.
  14. Redrum

Beautiful guitars! And I'd agree, some people like Suhr T styles as well.
  15. Redrum

I've got an Ash/Maple Suhr Classic T the stopped my Tele GAS in it's tracks. The Classic T pickups are staying put as well. I love em'. That being said, a nice Fender could easily be a keeper. No doubt. It all comes down to the specific features you're looking for. I came really close to...
  16. Redrum

Alright, Who's Still Happy With The 490r/498t In Their Gibson?

Got a 2019 Gibson Tribute with the 490R/490T pickup set and planned ahead of time to swap them out but after playing the guitar for a while, decided to leave them in. I really like them both clean and dirty.
  17. Redrum

New (2019) Fender Tonemaster Deluxe and Tonemaster Twin

Get well Tiger Ted!
  18. Redrum

Suhr Eclipse as all-in-one drive pedal?

Yes, the individual EQ controls for each channel are incredibly useful, along with the voice knob. Take some time to dial it in and it can stand alone as your only dirt pedal. Personally, I put a Greer Lightspeed in front of it as I prefer the Lightspeed for my lowest gain. The Eclipse comes...
  19. Redrum

Reliability and repair statistics would be interesting as well. Not that it's necessarily representative, but has anyone who owns/plays/played any of the TM's and has been following this thread ever had any experience with their TM's needing any type of repair? Any issues to share? (Just curious).
  20. Redrum

Fishman loud box questions please .

I've been using a Loudbox Performer for years now. Solid acoustic and vocal amp with plenty of power. The Mini is fine too, I know many who use one and they sound surprisingly good, but the bigger Loudbox amps definitely have higher power and clean headroom. Like Jim234's post above, I also...
  21. Redrum

Would be interesting to know how many of the TMDR's and TMTR's have sold in the past year. Or better yet, how Fender has analyzed the unit sales and their possible strategy moving forward.
  22. Redrum

Most folks like to use the EPB after dirt and before modulation and delay, but there's no right or wrong placement. Out of sheer convenience, I place the EPB last in my chain and on top of the amp. Typically, with the TMDR, I just keep it at minimum gain and go for the "tonal enhancement" thing...
  23. Redrum

Reverend Guitars

That sir, is one killer looking guitar! The Airwave 12-string with the Rev P90's is at the top of my Reverend wish list. The Rev P90's in my Slingshot Custom kick serious booty. I also have the same amp that's in the picture as well, one of two Swarts (the other an AST). Noticed the gain switch...
  24. Redrum

I hear you PBO, makes me a little nervous as well! I've also had good results using the EP Booster with my tube amps but for whatever reason it seems to really play well with the TMDR.
  25. Redrum

Glad to hear! I'm still amazed at what the EP Booster does to the TMDR. It just fills in and fattens up all the right frequencies. And I agree, it pairs especially well with my Strat. Good stuff.