• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. SFW

Getting that Lexicon PCM-42 Delay Sound

The Digitech Hardwire DL-8 has the Lexicon chipset. According the their website. It’s a great sounding Digital Delay. Good enough for Steve Lukather to have two of them on his board.
  2. SFW

New Pedalboard!

No, The board is being built by Tone Doctor in Houston Texas. I’ve built my boards for the past 15 years, and decided that it was time to let somebody else work on one. I’m very happy with the progress being made, and cannot wait to plug it in and get my tones again.
  3. SFW

New Pedalboard!

We’re using Mogami cables. They will be custom sized according to need. Not sure on the board brand. Here are a couple more pictures.
  4. SFW

New Pedalboard!

My new board is almost ready to rock! The board is being built by Tone Doctor in Houston,TX. It will feature Mogami cabling and low profile connectors. He is also providing a custom power solution, so that everything has the proper juice with no added noise.
  5. SFW

Musicom Lab Efx Mk Iii Vs Efx Me

Ok, so I picked up a Musicom EFX ME last week. Just arrived today. I was originally looking for a used EFX MK III. Shortly after I purchased the EFX ME I found a used EFX MK III for a stupid low price. So I bought that one too...lol! The EFX MK III has more loops than I need, but would...
  6. SFW

Musicom Lab EFX ME

Has anyone picked up the Musicom Lab EFX ME yet? This seems like it would be the perfect solution for me. I'm currently running a Carl Martin compressor, J Rocket Archer, Boss OC-2 and the pre side of my Strymon Mobius into the front of my amp. I have the post side of the Mobius and a...
  7. SFW

Carl Martin Compressor alternative?

I am currently using one of the old AC powered Carl Martin compressors. I use it lightly to keep my amp from clipping and to add a bit to sparkle to my clean tones. I also like using it to add a bit of compression on dirty tones, when I want to tone to feel heavier. I am getting ready to upgrade...
  8. SFW

Finally

I have a 2005 Pro Mod that I put EL34s in. So basically a Quick Rod at this point. Love the amp. Although I would love to have the updated clean channel.
  9. SFW

Finally

Well, once I get a new board- leaning towards a Friedman- I may try to pick up a good univibe pedal to complete EVERYTHING I want. For now, I am extremely happy with what I have.
  10. SFW

Finally

Well, after years of pedal rotation on my board, I have finally settled into exactly what I want tonally. Now I just need to upgrade by board and power supply.
  11. SFW

Show Your Pedalboard: 2019 Edition

Need a new board.
  12. SFW

TC Electronic Sentry

For years I played with rack mounted effects processors. Mainly the TC G-Major I &II and the G Force. I usually run the noise gate on those units- as I HATE amp hiss. Since I moved to a pedal based setup, I have been using the ISP Decimator. I have it set just enough to stop the amp from...
  13. SFW

Chorus Pedal of STP Tones

I recently joined an STP tribute band. It's been pretty fun learning songs from my college days again. I can cover most of the base tones using my Spawn QuickRod and my Les Paul. What I am struggling with is the chorus sounds. Songs like Plush have a thick chorus to them. In fact, the entire...
  14. SFW

P90s?

I can't argue with that. I had high hopes for the full bucker sound, but it was just too much.
  15. SFW

P90s?

Of the ones that I have tried, the P90 side of the Duncan P-Rails sounds the closest to a real P90.
  16. SFW

Show Your Pedalboard: 2018 Edition

Gonna see how long I can keep this one together without changes. So far I'm pretty happy.
  17. SFW

“Transparent” overdrive pedal?

Ok... maybe "transparent" was a poor word choice. I am running my 2005 Splawn QuickRod in gear 1. OD1 is set for mild crunch levels of gain (Think Tom Petty Mary Jane's Last Dance). OD2 bumps me to ACDC levels of gain (Think Shoot for Thrills). I would like an OD pedal that doesn't make the...
  18. SFW

“Transparent” overdrive pedal?

Ok, so I am on a quest for a transparent overdrive. All I want to add is just a bit more grit to the sound. My TS9 bumps the mids and cuts bass. My MIJ SD1 bumps the mids. My Snouse Black Box does something funky with the mids that I cannot dial out and that the original Blues Breaker did not...
  19. SFW

Need a new chorus pedal

Cool guys. I'll have to hit the store and check some of these out.
  20. SFW

Need a new chorus pedal

So for the past year I have been using the TC Corona chorus pedal. To make a long story short, I hate this pedal. It's either so subtle that you can't hear it, or it just flat out sounds bad. I have tried just about all of the tone prints, but noting sounds good to me. I'm looking for...
  21. SFW

What pedal did you get for Christmas this year?

EHX Soul Food Snouse Black Box
  22. SFW

A "smooth" TS type pedal?

I run the tone on my TS9 all the way down and find it to be very smooth.
  23. SFW

MXR Uni-Vibe

I had the vibe first in line in the chain.