• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. Zounds Perspex

NGD: 1976 Gibson Firebird '76 (Bicentennial) in Polaris White

Nice! My first decent guitar was a '76 Firebird I got in...'89, I guess. Wish I had it back!
  2. Zounds Perspex

60's Jaguars/Jazzmasters?

Not just pre-CBS, but Jazzmasters with slab boards consistently feel better to me than later models. The best deals to be had are on refins, by far.
  3. Zounds Perspex

Silver Machine!

Great looking guit!
  4. Zounds Perspex

Comparing pre-CBS Jazzmasters

Everybody posting there joints - ok, here's mine. the '62 JM with a '62 Concert. and the Frankenstein vintage JM with the TVL. TVL is the best bargain in new JMs right now, imo.
  5. Zounds Perspex

What piece of vintage gear are you saving or shopping for?

Not really saving or shopping, but definitely on the lookout for a cheap but not destroyer tweed Pro or the like. It's very likely a little tweed Champ or Princeton or a Gibson GA-5 will come home with me first, though. First will be speakers for the brownface Concert, however.
  6. Zounds Perspex

Comparing pre-CBS Jazzmasters

Pre-CBS Jazzmasters *are* all different, but I dig 'em all. Loving my '62 refin the most right now.
  7. Zounds Perspex

Vintage amps o.k. here?

Ooo wee this one is cool. My ‘62 Jazzmaster with a ‘62 Concert.
  8. Zounds Perspex

Yes, another vintage NGD: '74 Tele Deluxe!

Agreed! I’ve always wanted one of these in the walnut/mocha finish, tho - that’s my favorite.
  9. Zounds Perspex

Nope, it’s a great look, imo. :cool:
  10. Zounds Perspex

Ha, I posted this photo on Facebook, Instagram, and here - and every time someone comments on the chairs. Yep, they’re cool! Hand-me-downs from a friend of my lady’s, actually.
  11. Zounds Perspex

Super Stones-y for sure - I played this recently through a bandmates amp that is a Kendrick-modified Showman to have a much more “tweed” sound - it was glorious! I had to bust out a little “Can’t You Hear Me Knockin’”. Even inspired me to get a tweed thing of my own - Tungsten Buckwheat on the...
  12. Zounds Perspex

Thanks, dudes! The pickups really are great - this thing still sounds like a Tele, but it’s BIG and pushes the front end of the amp a lot more, but still super clear. I’m usually not a humbucker guy at *all* - in my hands it’s just all mud - but this is a whole other thing. Cheers!
  13. Zounds Perspex

What can I say, I went a little nuts last week. :hide anyway, super fun guit - I've had a few MIM Tele Deluxes that I installed Lollar Regals and appropriate pots and such, but this just has a little something more. Just a little bit clearer pushing an amp, and feels super good - I was leery of...
  14. Zounds Perspex

NGD! ‘62 slabboard Jazzmaster refin.

I'll check it out - I have quite a few LPs where I've made that comparison, but never A:BAL. and thanks, dudes!
  15. Zounds Perspex

killer old school hi-fi, bud! i'd love to have a reel-to-reel.
  16. Zounds Perspex

Vintage Guitar shopping - Best bang for the buck

The obvious thing is to look for a refin, and possibly even a “Frankenstrat” from that era. I have a Jazzmaster in the house right now - not the one I posted yesterday - that’s a 59 body and electronics and a ‘61 neck. For just a player and getting that price to performance ratio, that’s your...
  17. Zounds Perspex

Yes indeed. Monitor Silver 8s. Table is a hot-rodded Thorens TD-150 from Vinyl Nirvana with an acrylic arm board and Rega arm, Dynavector 20x2l cartridge, Lehmann Black Cube SE II phono stage with a Bob’s Devices stepup, all into a Rogue Sphinx integrated. Hi-fi is my *other* favorite thing!
  18. Zounds Perspex

Ha, nope, stereo. First UK Press, tho. :cool:
  19. Zounds Perspex

My first vintage guitar in a while, and I’m remembering what all the fuss is about. This thing sounds AMAZING. Recent refin by MJT, recentish fret job, a couple of replacement tuners, and replaced pickup leads. Otherwise, pretty straight. Plays and sounds just so so good. I’m a happy guitar...