• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. GCDEF

Gibson guitar tuning stability hack. Does this really work??

And how many great guitarists stuck with Gibsons?
  2. GCDEF

For the first time ever, all the Grammys nominees for best rock performance are women.

Women were as prominent as men in popular music at least since the middle of the 20th century
  3. GCDEF

Gibson guitar tuning stability hack. Does this really work??

I've owned a lot of Gibsons. The only one that wouldn't stay in tune was a 61 SG reissue with a Maestro. Current #1 is a Midtown and I can play a whole set without having to touch the tuning.
  4. GCDEF

For the first time ever, all the Grammys nominees for best rock performance are women.

Too bad with the possible exception of Grace Potter, there isn't any in that list of nominations.
  5. GCDEF

Are recent Epiphones better than comparable Gibsons?

A $1,200 Gibson isn't comparable to a $799 Epiphone. That would be a $2,500 Gibson.
  6. GCDEF

Billy Gibbons ever play fast?

His very early stuff reminds me of Derek and the Dominoes Eric Clapton. Some of it's a little faster than what he plays these days.
  7. GCDEF

Is there another female rock vocalist even close to Ann Wilson?

I really don't like her voice at all. I know she can sing, but I find her painful. Lzzy Hale would get my vote
  8. GCDEF

Here's some fun mid-70s prog I'm guessing most of you haven't heard

Not too shabby guitar in places. Suzie Quatro's brother
  9. GCDEF

Tommy Shaw on Live at Daryl's House

Tommy's the total package Great Singer Great guitar player Great songwriter Rich Good looking I hate him ;)
  10. GCDEF

Backing Tracks

https://www.guitarbackingtrack.com/
  11. GCDEF

Marshall - which one to get rid of

The one I liked or used the least
  12. GCDEF

Flying V GAS

I've had a few. They sound good and are really easy to play, but they're so long, I kept crashing into things.
  13. GCDEF

Marshall DSL1HR

I'd go for the 20. At least when he does play with a drummer, he can hang. Even the 40 sounds good at low volumes.
  14. GCDEF

Marshall DSL1HR

Does he play with a drummer?
  15. GCDEF

Marshall DSL1HR

I have the 100HR and 40HR. They're great amps, but not modern metal amps. They're better at hair band levels of distortion. What is he looking for that the Orange doesn't deliver? I wouldn't use a 1 watt amp for anything, let alone playing with friends.
  16. GCDEF

Low volume head or combo?

I can play my 100 watt amps at TV volumes. Just turn them down. Even an acoustic guitar can be too loud for an apartment though.
  17. GCDEF

Ordered a guitar from MF - UPDATE

They're the same company. MF was just the mail order branch. I imagine because of changes in tax laws the separation is becoming more less teansparent.
  18. GCDEF

wife Approved amp¿

We're still doing this on page 2 https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/what-is-your-favorite-dont-piss-off-the-wife-rig.2198924/
  19. GCDEF

Retubing a DSL40 to cut fizz?

Have you tried the frequency shift button? One position sounds really fizzy. Turn the presence way down too
  20. GCDEF

Reasonable number of songs?

How is that relevant to his question?