• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. Quarter

Luthiers: what's on your workbench?

Thanks! I'm pretty tickled with how it came out. When I started it, I really didn't know exactly where I was going or what it would look like. I did know that I wanted it to be fairly lightweight and travel friendly and the only things set in stone was that it was it was going to have...
  2. Quarter

I'm very happy with how this one turned out, my Roadrunner SS prototype ... Beep Beep ... Body wood is swamp ash and the pickups are wired up like a classic Stringmaster with a blend knob. .
  3. Quarter

Finally getting this one close to finished ... all finish sanded and ready for grain fill. Body is swamp ash and is getting a couple sweet Stringmaster style pickups. .
  4. Quarter

Michael Dolan Lap Steel

Cool steel and welcome to the world of horizontal playing. Lap steel is a very versatile instrument and a ton of fun!
  5. Quarter

Absolutely, a headless system is certainly an option and has been used on a few models over the years. For this project, the customer opted to not go headless and is happy with the final dimensions.
  6. Quarter

A good customer of mine wanted something lightweight and compact that he could easily travel with when away on business, so I grabbed my pencils and started drawing. The body will be swamp ash and the overall dimensions came in at 33" long and 7" at its widest. One of the cool things about...
  7. Quarter

Here is the second JP7 of this batch to finish up. One pic on the bench and a couple of the pretty shots. .
  8. Quarter

Love the inlay detail, very sharp.
  9. Quarter

Just got this JP7 strung up and singing sweet. .
  10. Quarter

JP7's, or as I've been calling them, The Three Amigos. Two in swamp ash and one in some lightweight mahogany I had stashed. . Here is the JP7 prototype in action .
  11. Quarter

I got the 8 string version of my Shovelhead finished up and I'm pretty tickled with how it scaled up. 24" scale with a Lollar Console Grand under the hood. .
  12. Quarter

Here is the 8 string version of my Shovelhead that I've been working on, zebrawood, mahogany, with a Lollar Gibson Console Grand. .
  13. Quarter

Thanks and yea, I'm a big fan, though no cool iron in the garage at the moment. Now with strings, here is what that headstock is attached to. .
  14. Quarter

These etched nickel silver logo badges are a pain to do, but I just love how they look. .
  15. Quarter

I too am CNC challenged. One of my customers wanted to retrofit a new pickup into a steel we built him a while back and I used the same basic modular building block method to create the needed template. .
  16. Quarter

A couple Duesenberg multibender bridges fresh in from Germany for a couple more JP7's . .
  17. Quarter

NPD: New Pickup Day - Lollar Horseshoe

Given the short void the fiberboard needs to span, it certainly will work. I guess what pops up in my mind is seeing what age and abuse can do to old pickup bobbins. I always try and give my instruments the best chance possible to last for the years to come. It is my sincere hope that some of my...
  18. Quarter

NPD: New Pickup Day - Lollar Horseshoe

Jason and the crew are great to deal with and those Horseshoes are very good. I've use 3 of them now in lap steel builds and they all have been fantastic. If I had one complaint, besides the price of admission, is that I'm not a fan of the supplied fiberboard mounting hardware. And considering...
  19. Quarter

They always look better with strings :) Some basic specs Cocobolo rosewood body and neck Birdseye maple trim 24" scale Lollar 8 string Horseshoe pickup. .
  20. Quarter

Yes, it is a Lollar. The good news is that they came to some kind of agreement with Rickenbacker and are making them again. The bad news is they went from $400 a pop to $600.
  21. Quarter

And ready to string up. .
  22. Quarter

Cocobolo is such a beautiful wood. .
  23. Quarter

New Lap Steel, cast aluminum

Sweet ride Mike! If I didn't roll my own, one of Todd's wonderful instruments would be on my very short list for a new steel.
  24. Quarter

LoL ... yea, sun dial .. thats the ticket :) ... Actually, its getting a Seiko movement and a nice German bezel with domed / convex glass. I don't maintain a website with a menu of models and options if thats what you mean. I don't build cookie cutter instruments and there are way too many...