• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. Quarter

Some 7 String Fun ... Horizontal Style

I've been a busy beaver working on a couple of these JP7's and thought I'd share the first one to finish up. Its a sweet guitar in some lightweight mahogany and maple. 25" scale, Duesenberg multibender, 7 string Stringmaster style pickups, and an Outrigger bar for stand up playing. She has a...
  2. Quarter

Rosewood Pettingill P6 Deluxe Lap Steel ... Easy On The Eyes And A Sweet Voice

Thanks again all! Its pretty easy to make them look nice when you get to play with some of natures best. I'll bet one of Lollars gold foils would mix great with one of his horseshoes! I recently used one of his gold foils on my Coronet prototype and it had a sweet voice. .
  3. Quarter

Thanks guys ... Your kind words are much appreciated! I'm extremely lucky to have the opportunity to build them. In other good news, Lollar has sorted things out and has put the Horseshoes back on the menu. I just got an 8 string version for a sister build to this one.
  4. Quarter

My Take On A Cherry Burst ... No Clowns Allowed

Another thanks to all ... It was a fun project :) Lap steels are a fun build. There is such a rich and deep history to draw inspiration from. Besides being a fun build, steel guitar is a ton of fun in itself. Its a very versatile instrument that can find a home in the mix of most any music style.
  5. Quarter

Thanks all! Needless to say, I'm very happy with how the whole project shaped up.
  6. Quarter

Here is a fun one I thought I'd share. My Coronet prototype in a hand dyed cherry burst. It is based off a late 1930's Recording King and yes, those are original Bakelite knobs :) Some basic specs 24" scale Black Limba / Korina body and neck Quilt Maple top and headplate Cocobolo rosewood...
  7. Quarter

Here is a pic that shows the control side mounting. The two feet drop into their sockets and the screws come in from the back. .
  8. Quarter

Thanks! I wanted something to give a nod to the white outlined frets of the original Bakelites it was modeled after. They are made of fiber veneer from LMI.
  9. Quarter

Thanks! :) ... it turned out to be all I had hoped. Its just a shame that Lollar is no longer making those Horseshoes, they are quite tasty. I had this one stashed back waiting for a special project to use it on.
  10. Quarter

Here is a fun one I thought some might like to see, a P6 Deluxe in cocobolo with birdseye maple trim. She is easy on the eyes and has that classic sweet voice! Its a shame that these Lollar Horseshoes are no longer available, they are very nice. A fun detail, one of the goals / requests when...
  11. Quarter

Angel 8 With A Multibender

One of my favorite parts of a build is getting feedback from their owners. Sure, its nice to hear all about how good looking they are, but in particular I like best when I get feedback on both sound and playability. Its always great to know you hit the mark...
  12. Quarter

Angel 8 With A Multibender

Here is a fun one I just finished up and thought I might share. I had a request to build an 8 string version of my Angel 6 string so I dug through my stash and found that I had just enough of that sweet figured sapele do do one more. She is 25" scale, figured sapele and birdseye maple, gold...
  13. Quarter

New Pettingill P6 Deluxe Prototype 001 ... Not your Grandads Bakelite

Thanks! I'm very happy with how it all worked out. Lap steel is a ton of fun and I'd be happy to discuss something special for you. PM or email me and we can discuss the details in more depth.
  14. Quarter

And a couple showing the fret markers a little better. .
  15. Quarter

Thanks rreiser and Loni! ... it was a fun one to build :) Now I just need to decide what the second and last one will be built of. I've got some nice cocobolo big enough for a one piece body thats been calling to me for a while. That and either maple burl or birdseye for the plates and gold mop...
  16. Quarter

This is a project I've wanted to do for a long time and I'm tickled to have had the chance to bring it to life. Its everything I had hoped it would be, great looks and a sweet voice. As happy as I am, I'm also sad that Lollar will not be making any more of the Horseshoe pickups. I've got one...
  17. Quarter

Barn Guitar II by Terry McInturff

Wonderful execution on the theme!!
  18. Quarter

Most bad-ass use of a Kauer Banshee to date (rival sons!)

That was great! Rock is alive and well! I loved that Banshee when you first posted it, but it looks even more killer in action! ... and killer tonz to match :D
  19. Quarter

So how does everyone feel about the Builder's & Retailer's Emporium being closed

Just my 2c, but considering the volume of adds, I'd think two categories makes sense, simply New and Used.
  20. Quarter

Lap Steels Rule!! .. My latest Creation

Thanks again all :) Technically yes, but besides a basic single page, I've not done anything with it since I registered it a few years back. I really should get something more up, but my html skills are lacking and its not been a high priority. Unfortunately that one is not available, but the...
  21. Quarter

Thanks all, I am very happy how she turned out and more importantly, her owner has a huge grin too :) That was a nice hunk that I'd had stashed for a while. There is enough leftover from that billet for a sweet neck through design ... maybe a Teardrop or a Deco style like Angel. Unless it gets...
  22. Quarter

Here is a fun 8 string steel I recently finished and I thought I'd share. Some basic specs 24" scale 3/8" string spacing Body is chambered black limba with a flame maple top fretboard is cocobolo rosewood with mother of pearl fret and position markers pickups are custom BG-Pups 8 string...
  23. Quarter

Introducing the Zexcoil Juicy Bucker with the Silent Split

I really like the Juicy Bucker voicing, nice job! I'll keep them in mind for a possible future build. Any chance of an 8 string version?