• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. rotren

Desc 4 note pentatonic pattern

A very useful way of practicing a scale, in this case, the pentatonic. I'll do video on ascending as well. This is just ONE of MANY ways you can use sequence patterns for both learning the scale on the fretboard, as well as a way to make your fingers go in ways they may not be used to. This can...
  2. rotren

Some easy blues-rock licks

Thanks Jim!
  3. rotren

A little bump on this one, is that ok? :)
  4. rotren

My band Warp Kings have 2 songs out now (Faith No More, The Beatles)

Check out my new band Warp Kings! We have a new single out now - Hey Bulldog (The Beatles). The first song we recorded was Midlife Crisis (Faith No More). Hope you like it! I do both mixing and mastering of the songs and play all the guitars. > Apple Music ->...
  5. rotren

Some Jimi-ish Chord Embellishment Ideas

Thanks guys, glad you liked this one!
  6. rotren

Some Jimi-ish Chord Embellishment Ideas

Nothing complicated, just some good old moves everyone should know.
  7. rotren

4 inexpensive pedals from MeloAudio (delay, chorus, looper, pitch shifter)

I quite like the delay, chorus and looper. The pitch shifter, not so much. It's not tracking fast enough and comes with some strange pitch options that I would never use.
  8. rotren

B flat blues solo - free lesson

Thanks! Appreciated.
  9. rotren

10. rotren

Thanks jackaroo!
  11. rotren

Some licks heavily inspired by Chris Cain.
  12. rotren

3 Sophisticated Blues Licks

Thanks!
  13. rotren

3 Sophisticated Blues Licks

Played over a C7 to F7 to C7 groove.
  14. rotren

The BEST sounding Fender amp?

Super Reverb.
  15. rotren

6 grab & go blues licks

The last lick is a serious bend! These are easy blues licks that sound nice, or at least I hope so.
  16. rotren

Here's a minor blues solo

Thankee-sai!
  17. rotren

Here's a minor blues solo

How's it sounding?
  18. rotren

Here's an easy blues solo taught lick for lick

I do use my pinky when I need to reach farther. However, it is my weakest finger, and I prefer to use my ring finger any time I can instead. Many players do the same - look at Gary Moore, Michael Shenker, Jimmy Page, Clapton, Eric Johnson, Bonamassa, etc...
  19. rotren

Here's an easy blues solo taught lick for lick

This is a fun, easy blues solo in E. I'm playing it over a straight groove (even feel) but you can also play it over a shuffle. You just have play the 8th notes with shuffle feel, and it will work.
  20. rotren

Pentatonic 3 notes per string

After you learn the boxes, start connecting them. Here's a way you can do that.
  21. rotren

Dorian trick - m7b5 over minor?

Nonsense? Look at it however you want - it’s the sound of the Em6 arpeggio over Em7 that I’m demonstrating. I see that arpeggio as a C#m7b5 arpeggio because I’ve memorized that shape and I’m starting the arpeggio on C#. That same shape can be moved around to create other interesting sounds...
  22. rotren

Dorian trick - m7b5 over minor?

I have to disagree. It can be either.