• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. ebenezer

Cutthroat Audio Down Brownie

Released a new song with the Down Brownie on on left side. Enjoy!
  2. ebenezer

Magic or Speed Shop tweed deluxe?

I have a Magic 5e3 and cannot imagine a 5e3 being much better than this. It is an exemplary example of the amp. I've bought more amps than I care to admit in the past 15 years, so I know a good amp when I hear one. This Magic 5e3 is a great amp. It's easily one of the best ones I've played.
  3. ebenezer

This is among the worst advice on here

I started on a Line 6 Vetta. The amount of tweaking I had to do was intense, but I eventually got a good sound from it, and was happy with it. Then I went into a proper studio to do some recording, and was absolutely blown away by how good the "old amps" sounded. I have gone tube from then on...
  4. ebenezer

Suhr Hombre and Cutthroat Audio Down Brownie - Modern Day Brownface Fender Deluxes

I do have a HUGE soft spot for the Masonette, but since owning the Down Brownie, I haven't missed it in the least bit. Don't get me wrong, the Masonette is an absolute stunner of an amp, but the DB just "does it" for me. Hopefully I won't be buying any Masonette's anytime soon..........but maybe :)
  5. ebenezer

Suhr Hombre and Cutthroat Audio Down Brownie - Modern Day Brownface Fender Deluxes

I won’t sit here and rave about how good the sound of the DB is, this thread is full of that, and I agree, it sounds amazing. What I will say is that the master volume is the best I’ve heard on any amp, period. It’s just stunningly good. At 1/3 to halfway up the amps is more than tolerable for...
  6. ebenezer

I dare you - What's the best-sounding amp you've ever played?

JMJ- 30: if this is what a vintage AC-30 sounds like, h-o-l-y-c-r-a-p! Everything from clean to mean, and the feel is so nice! Amazing amp. Down Brownie: The brown deluxe is sooo thick and chewy for rock rhythm. And the added benefit of having a Marshall-voiced second channel and the...
  7. ebenezer

P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

That’s how I like to use it too. I love it on soft clean stuff, and then you dig in and get harder and it disappears. Amazing effect.
  8. ebenezer

P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

I had the Gravitas for a bit, amazing sounding trem!
  9. ebenezer

P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

I've got a Basic Audio Throbby, which is the closest I can find to my onboard Trem on my amp. I can't recommend enough. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that some Trem's do, but for sound, I'd be hard pressed to find something better.
  10. ebenezer

NAD: 12 years in the making... JMJ-30

Bummer about the thread! Well, I played the amp for the 1st time the other night, and its as good if not better than I remember. I had a JMJ about 5 years ago, and in a fit of insanity, I let it go. I've been jonesing for it ever since. The way this amp compresses and moves with your playing...
  11. ebenezer

NAD: 12 years in the making... JMJ-30

Just got back into the JMJ club, and I’ll never leave. Got one coming in for my bday!
  12. ebenezer

Sold 96 Matchless Lightning Head

Up for sale is my 96 Sampson Era Matchless Lightning. It sounds amazing and is in perfect working order. I’m selling because a bucket-list amp came up that I’m trying to raise the funds to buy. It has minimal wear. For more pics visit the reverb listing. Matchless Lightning 1996 Black...
  13. ebenezer

Scumback Appreciation

I'm a huge fan of their speakers, sooo good! I'm actually gearing up to buy some more right now. But a hidden gem is his Attenuator. I know it used to be the Alex, but I really think Jim stepped up the quality on them, and they sound fantastic! I've had a lot of the TGP "darling" attenuators...
  14. ebenezer

P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

It’s called a Chase Bliss Preamp mk2. It really is a powerful preamp, OD, and Fuzz. It can cover anything boost-to-fuzz.
  15. ebenezer

P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

So I did a thing..... So far....it’s great. Will it replace every OD, Distortion, Fuzz I have? Probably not. But does it come packed with some amazing tones? Yes, a thousand times yes. As Dan and Mick from TPS said, it’s a little more “Hifi” sounding, which can be a good thing. I haven’t played...
  16. ebenezer

P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

I've actually gone from liking Marshall-type amps for worship to liking Tweed and Brownface Fender type amps (and maybe a bit of some Vox thrown in there for good measure). Right now I'm running a Down Brownie (Brownface Fender-type) with a Matchless Lightning (Vox-style amp). And before that I...
  17. ebenezer

P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

It’s funny the Iridium was the “stereo gateway drug” for me. I was using a tube amp on one side and the Iridium on the other side for a bit. I then moved to a tube amp on either side and I love it! Stereo increases your headroom for sure and really makes everything sound so big! Would I take...
  18. ebenezer

Shameless plug, but here’s a recording we just finished with the Down Brownie on the left side. The DB sounded so good I barely did any eq on it, just cut out some rumble in the low lows. The other amp in the right channel is an AC15. And the solo was done by my 5e3. Anyways, you’ll get a good...
  19. ebenezer

I actually sold my Crema Wheat for a Down Brownie back in the day. So to be fair I didn’t get to do a proper a/b, but I do remember what my initial impressions of the DB were compared to the CW. I remember thinking the DB was more forgiving than the CW. The CW was much stiffer feeling than the...
  20. ebenezer

Ok, I think I'm an 1176 guy.

Selling gimmicks aside, the Unit 67 is the first compressor that I’ve ever liked. It’s also a really versatile with all the eq you can do. It’s my “always on” pedal. I love it on acoustics as well.
  21. ebenezer

P&W Rigs/Pedalboards

Yeah I agree, been more quiet around here.
  22. ebenezer

I've been playing tweed amps, I know I'll regret it, but I'm going to let go of my Jim Kelley

I had a Suhr Kelley for about two years. Amazing amp. I sold it for a Magic 5e3 and a Down Brownie (6g3 Brownface Fender). Do I miss the Kelley, sometimes, but let’s be honest here. And I know this is a very un-TGP thing to say, but I sound like me no matter the amp. If I wanted to buy the...
  23. ebenezer

Vintage 1990 fusionbear

Great stuff Carl!
  24. ebenezer

Coiled cables

I’ve been playing though exclusively cooled cables for about 10 years now, and never had them, not once, get kinked up like a straight cable.
  25. ebenezer

Himmelstrutz

I couldn’t agree more.