• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. A

Why I roll my eyes at bad spelling...

'Cause you are anal... Cheers, Adrian.
  2. A

guitar builder in the Philippines

If you know anything more about the Cebu guy's that would be great. I am going there in a few weeks. Cheers, Adrian.
  3. A

guitar builder in the Philippines

Does any one know a guitar builder in the Philippines? Thanks, Adirian.
  4. A

The future of guitars...

Sure, if you insist to shout to the world that you're a snob, playing a Teuffel guitar is the way to go. They are about 10.000 euro each... Cheers, Adrian.
  5. A

Homemade Guitars.

This one is made from narra, a paduk like wood that grows only in the Philippines which is were I made it. This is a ergonomical guitar with a twisted neck and a single adjustable pickup. It's a joy to play. Cheers, Adrian.
  6. A

Anyone tried a twisted neck?

I like to dig into the strings and hate fretbuzz. It kills sustain and attack. I'm sure I can set it up lower but that's not my to my liking. I'm not a shredder anyway. I built guitars that suit me. I don't use knobs for instance so I leave them away. I'm just a simple bedroom player. They are...
  7. A

Mine twists 20 degrees by the way. Cheers, Adrian.
  8. A

Action is low as normal. 1.75 mm at high E-string and 2.15 at low E-string. Radius 7,5". Since I am used to it, other guitars feel a bit awkward. I will built a normal version as well. Thinking about a twisted strat with the body twisting as well. Cheers, Adrian. Cheers, Adrian.
  9. A

Any of you guy's have some experience with twisted necks. I just finished building mine and I can say it gives much more ease on the wrist. It just feels natural. Here is the link for the entire building process...
  10. A

Differences hot pickup and a and a low output pickup + booster

What does it do with compression? Cheers, Adrian.
  11. A

Does it make a difference with pinch harmonics, tapping on, dive bombs? Cheers, Adrian.
  12. A

What are the differences between a high output pickup going straight to the amp and a and a low output pickup followed by a booster going to the amp? Thanks for sharing your experiences. Cheers, Adrian.
  13. A

Designed a guitar, now I'm going to protect it

Let me have a guess... Your guitar has a bridge, a nut, 6 strings, 21 to 24 frets, 2 or three pickups, a body and a neck. These things have all been designed by other people and they didn't bother to protect their intellectual property so you can build your guitar without anyone hassling you...
  14. A

What is the best looking vintage amp?

What is in your opinion the best looking vintage amp? I am not talking about sound but just the looks. My personal favorite is this one : Cheers, Adrian.
  15. A

Curious about exotic & unfinished neck woods

Is this exotic enough ? I made it at the Philippines during my stay there. It is made of Narra. Narra is a paduk like wood that grows only on the Phillippines. It's stable and stiff. I treated it with danish oil and has an excellent feel. Don't know if Warmoth has it on stock though...
  16. A

Why is oak not used in guitars?

My experience with oak is that it has a lot of inner tension. I you have a perfectly straight shelf and saw it lengthwise in half you end up having 2 banana shaped pieces. No oak guitar for me. Cheers, Adrian.
  17. A

Why aren't s single coils twice as cheap as humbuckers ?

Why aren't s single coils twice as cheap as humbuckers ? Is it because we are stupid enough to pay the same amount of money for it? Cheers, Adrian.
  18. A

What is the most comfortable body shape to play in the classic position?

What is the most comfortable body shape to play in the classic position ? Cheers, Adrian.
  19. A

custom graphic for guitar

After applying the vinyl is it supposed to be covered with a protective coat? By, Adrian.
  20. A

A Ibanez JEM555 Steve Vai for $280, can that be true?

The highest frets are not scalloped so they must be fake. They are good fakes though with all the inscriptions and all. Thanks for the advice. Ba-bay, Adrian.
  21. A

A Ibanez JEM555 Steve Vai for $280, can that be true?

Hi there! I am at the Philippines at the moment and saw 2 good looking Ibanez JEM555 Steve Vai for about $280. List price is about $1200. I played them a while and they seemed alright but I am absolutely no expert. Can this be a real JEM555 or will it be an imitation. Ba-bay, Adrian.
  22. A

In what way does a hollow guitar sound different from his solid twin?

If you say the sound is a bit thinner does that mean there is more high in it and less bass? Groeten, Aad.
  23. A

In what way does a hollow guitar sound different from his solid twin?

In what way does a hollow guitar sound different from his solid twin? What exactly changes to the sound if a solid body guitar gets hollow spaces in it and does it matter if there are openings in the body (f-shaped holes for instance). Um abraço, Adriano.