• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. 7

Reinhardt amps appreciation thread

Bob and Sue are great people. Bob is talented and as such he is in demand. I ordered my 18 in 2007 Bob built the amp Sue did the tolex. The amp came in a "fragile dish wares "box. Bob wrote that he had used it at his band practice before sending it. My 18 will be willed to my grandson.
  2. 7

Luthiers: Your scraps & their final destination

That looks like a lot of work Pfeister. Really cool. JBG I think that Pfeister's Bass really makes your point. It looks like it would be time consuming.
  3. 7

Luthiers: Your scraps & their final destination

I half expected one of the talented makers to come up with a glued up scrap body design. I envision truck loads of Suhr or Grosh scraps heading to one of the big boys for painted bodies. Sorry....been gone for a while.
  4. 7

Marshall Help Please

tietjen thanks for the reply. Yea I agree. She knows that the economy limits her ability to get top dollar right now. The friend who is going to buy it is out of state and he is driving up from California to pick it up. $1500 might be more realistic especially with the road trip. I think...
  5. 7

Marshall Help Please

All, A Brother passed away a while back. His Sister has been tasked with taking care of his Estate. He had a Marshall 50 watt head and a 4-12 closed back cabinet. I am going to check it out for her next week. She has a family friend who is going to purchase the rig but she wants to know...
  6. 7

The perfect amp

all of the above plus, weighs about 6 lbs, makes me dinner when I come home from work, sounds like Pink Floyd is in my living room when I play it and can sense my mood auto adjusting to exactly the tone I am looking for. To date, no such thing as a perfect amplifier. That is ok, I kind of...
  7. 7

Reinhardt 18

timo I am running TAD EL84s in my 18. I actually like the JJs a little better. I will try some NOS in the future. I found that by turning the volume all the way down on the channel that I am not using it really quiets the amp. You may have already figured this out. I also found that a...
  8. 7

Reinhardt 18

Welcome to the club, what did you buy?
  9. 7

Reinhardt 18

My 18 has slowed my gas considerably. I do gas for new tubes once in a while but I just keep a supply of NOS Mullard 12AX7s on hand and this amplifier continues to do it for me. I must admit that I have been thinking about another Reinhardt. I might have to go for something with EL34s in it...
  10. 7

ANSWER!!!! Who knows a tube amp from a solid state???

Panties?...... Trick statement. We all know that musicians can not afford panties! We all go COMMANDO!
  11. 7

ANSWER!!!! Who knows a tube amp from a solid state???

Nice.....I was right.... then I jumped on the TAG bandwagon (still jealous)....then I changed my mind again. "Im a Man yes I am and I cant help. How would the Vox have sounded if you gave it 75 to 90% on the volume and used the guitar to control the tone?
  12. 7

EL84 Help!

I agree with jerrydyer and Blanket Jackson. Look at preamp tubes. I put Mullard NOS in V1 and V3 and a Brimar in V2 in my Reinhardt 18. I am using TADs in the power section but I prefer the JJs. I think the secret is the preamp and the rectifier tubes.
  13. 7

TEST YOUR EARS: Tube vs Solid State - Can you tell which is which by this clip?

I want to change my vote. If TAG with the Dumble, Bruno and Two Rock (yes I am jealous) says the first one is tube then it must be tube........but on second thought I am sticking with my first vote and speculating that the OP did not let the tubes idle long enough before he hit the hot switch.
  14. 7

TEST YOUR EARS: Tube vs Solid State - Can you tell which is which by this clip?

I will play the OPs game. I think the second was the tube amp.
  15. 7

Reinhardt SHG review

I plugged NOS Mullards into V1 and V3 and a NOS Brimar into V2 on my Reinhardt 18 and all I got to say is OMG! Katie bar the door this thing sounds even better than new. Ka-chunky tight bottom end that gets way down there and nice highs too. I really like Bob's amps and Sue's tolex. Great team...
  16. 7

Marshall

Thanks for the reply. It has been 25 years since I saw the rig so I am not sure what color it is.
  17. 7

Marshall

I lost a good friend earlier this week. Chris help me learn to play many years ago. He will be missed. Chris' brother is an excellent guitarist and he will take great care of his Martin D35 and mid 70s LP Custom. Chris also had a 50w Marshall half stack from the late 70s to early 80s. I may...
  18. 7

Is this worth fixing?

What Walt C said. If the wires still have a little slack and are not in a place where chafing can occur and if the mounting screws feel/look/sounds tight and solid then you might be better off to leave it alone. Are you gigging with the amp? If so you will want to ensure that the trannie isnt...
  19. 7

NAD: Reinhardt 18 Combo

Check in with Bob. He loaded mine with a R65H that he has custom built for his amplifiers.
  20. 7

Grosh Retro Classic, any love?

WOW! the only word that came to mind when I saw your RC. Looks like the neck is just getting broken in. Swamp Ash and Maple..........nice.
  21. 7

Grosh Retro Classic, any love?

About 10 years ago I walked into a music store to check out a Rivera amplifier. I owned and played Gibson and Fender guitars at the time. The sales person lit off the amp and when he handed me a Grosh RC, I forgot why I had walked into the place. That guitar felt like it was an extension of my...
  22. 7

Recommend me some amps

With a name like jakejohn you could look for and play a Rivera Jake Studio Combo. Rake head and 212 cab might be nice too. If you do not want to wait look for a Rivera Quiana. What ever you do try to play the amp (or one like it) before you buy it. Just a few thoughts. Welcome.
  23. 7

NOS 12ax7s....GE Long Plates or Brimar's?

Too Late! She already knows. Welcome to the club. I went on an e-bay binge about 7 years ago and I grabbed up some nice tubes. Some not so nice ones too. Now I get mine from KCANOSTUBES. The Brimars are nice. The white label GEs are also nice.