• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. presence

Neural DSP Quad Cortex

They should get this into the hands of many, many more death metal players so we can really see what it sounds like!
  2. presence

New Fender Handwired Princeton - My Review

Very thorough!
  3. presence

Paul Reed Smith ....give me a break

As far as income goes, you guys need to stop lumping lawyers in with doctors and dentists. For the vast majority of them, that ended over 30 years ago. It should be doctors/dentists/plumbers/programmers.
  4. presence

Paul Reed Smith ....give me a break

Nice guitar. Good for Paul, his employees and his American business!
  5. presence

Greg Koch Gristletone P90s

Similar to his Fluence tele pickups, the Fluence P-90s voiced by Greg will have two different voicings that are selected using a push/pull pot. One voicing is hotter and slightly darker than the other. A separate push/pull pot will put the two pickups out of phase for a Peter Green sound...
  6. presence

Neural DSP Quad Cortex

One year a young girl made extensive plans for her (very modest) birthday party and she looked forward to it for weeks. Everyday she would ask her parents "how many days to my birthday" and would tell them about the plans for her party. Then the big day came. Everything went fine, but did not...
  7. presence

EVH: "Anyone who thinks SS frets changes the tone is crazy"

Watching the video I correctly guessed which one was which and I preferred the nickel. The difference to me was subtle. Maybe the nickel is just what I'm used to hearing and the stainless just sounds different. It would be awesome if they sounded the same, but they don't to these ears!
  8. presence

Official Thead: RIP EVH Eddie Van Halen

So sad. Seems like the end of an era.
  9. presence

I’ve owned and gigged them all Fractal is the best.

Sleestack + content that so many will take offense to = winning
  10. presence

New (2019) Fender Tonemaster Deluxe and Tonemaster Twin

I'm not a cabinetmaker or a luthier, but pine is a semi-popular option for telecaster bodies. I'm guessing because it sounds good. Also, Fender isn't the only cabinet builder talking about pine. I think it's cool that Fender went with a nice-sounding, lightweight wood for the TM cabinets...
  11. presence

I need a new Delay. Suggestions Please

Just replace everything with Source Audio Collider. Boom.
  12. presence

Source Audio Collider (Delay+Reverb)

You might like the room reverb setting for 50's style slapback. It's a fairly filtered, midrangey sound with early reflections. There are 3 different room sizes, but they all sound fairly small to me. For me this engine is very different from what I expected from a room sound. Maybe it's...
  13. presence

Strymon Nightsky

The Facebook-only marketing strategy is so 2019...
  14. presence

True Spring Reverb question

Can the separate footswitch be programmed for long-press tremolo on/off (independent of reverb) and short-press tap tempo?
  15. presence

Strymon Nightsky

My gosh...it's full of stars!
  16. presence

Strymon Nightsky

I'm seeing the big dipper + 8 lights in a row = Apollo 8. Boom.
  17. presence

Neural DSP Quad Cortex

If these captures are only for a "specific dial," meaning specific gain and eq settings, the usefulness seems fairly limited to me, although I understand that approach used by Kemper has plenty of fans. Just not that excited about it personally. I wonder if you could make an adaptive profile...
  18. presence

Pedalboard riser. Please help!

These risers from Fix Pedalboards & Accessories look nice: https://fixpedalboards.com/pedal-risers
  19. presence

Neural DSP Quad Cortex

This is not going to be well received well by the cranky folks at TGP! [Yells in background: "Hey kids, get off my lawn!"]
  20. presence

Neural DSP Quad Cortex

That's a very generic list of modulations, but I guess it's understandable for a launch. With "9600 man-hours a month" on this project, it'll be interesting to see where the list is a year from now. I figure it'll be about then that I'll buy this unit which for me has bumped the FM3 out of...
  21. presence

New (2019) Fender Tonemaster Deluxe and Tonemaster Twin

The blondes look nice and the neo creamback, reverb and bright cap upgrades are awesome. When I tried a TMDR out I wasn't crazy about all the reverb at low knob levels. Hopefully the new reverb levels are nice after the update. Kudos for Fender having someone on the thread to answer questions...