• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Search results

1. blaster

New Fender Paisley guitar...

I would like it without the wear.
  2. blaster

What’s giving you GAS right now?

The chili I made tonight...seriously!
  3. blaster

Favorite Imported Guitar?

Gretsch
  4. blaster

Recommend a double bound Tele builder

My vote is for Fender.
  5. blaster

New Tele-ish partscaster build complete

Very nice. Beautiful guitar and great job.
  6. blaster

How do mom and pop guitar shops stay in business?

My local shop where I work as a part time luthier does well. They have been in business for three generations. They carry the latest products all at the same prices as the big box stores, plus take trades and sell used. They also have a loyal following and solid reputation. They provide a...
  7. blaster

I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT I AM MORE THAN A LITTLE PEEVED.

I think now is the best time to be a guitar player with all of the options we have available to us. I remember when I started playing in 66 that the cost of a Fender or Gibson was beyond my reach. Back in the 60's we didn't have the number of used guitars that float around now. Yes, I agree...
  8. blaster

New Paint job - Shop v.s. DIY

$270 isn't bad for a refinish. By purchasing an "airbrush" and some paint does not guarantee that it will come out like the factory painted it. I've seen many of guitars come through my shop that were painted by hand and most didn't turn out that well (drips, orange peel, overspray, etc.)...
  9. blaster

Any reason not to buy this partscaster Jaguar on Reverb?

I don’t think it’s a bad price. I think if was priced $650 - $700 would be better or if it’s me with a case. Nice looking guitar.
  10. blaster

My girlfriend likes to draw/paint on Guitars.

Love the Gretsch
  11. blaster

Jaguar Pickguard preference?

Hard decision
  12. blaster

The Double Bound Tele Thread

My CS
  13. blaster

Jaguar Pickguard preference?

I recently purchased a Squier Jazzmaster and was deciding what Pickguard looks better? Tortoise shell for the classic look or white/mint for that Marr look.
  14. blaster

NGD: 2008 Les Paul Standard Faded

I had one years ago and I regret for letting it go. Great guitars!
  15. blaster

ES-335 style guitars....

I like them all and here is mine:
  16. blaster

Is the Gibson custom shop worth it over a standard?

Yes, I have both and I think that the Custom Shop is better all the way around. Of course, I bought my CS used which was cheaper that a new Standard model.
  17. blaster

Custom/Personalized Truss Rod Covers - Let's see them!

I won this guitar in a raffle, and donated it to my friend's mom who played the guitars at nursing and assisted living centers. When my friend's mom passed away the guitar was given back to me. In honor of my friend's mom I installed a custom truss rod cover featuring her wonderful name.
  18. blaster

Show me your Jazzmaster

My Newest edition:
  19. blaster

Anybody see colors when they play?

I actually see patterns not colors.
  20. blaster

CS 63 Tele Callahan Bridge and Saddles -Shim?

Stock bridge on mine and sounds great.
  21. blaster

Is the honeymoon over for the Fender Acoustasonic?

My friend who plays live purchased one and he loves it. He said it’s light weight is great on his shoulders plus he doesn’t have to lug 2 guitars to a gig. I heard him playing it live and it sounded great. For me as a home player I prefer my acoustic and electric.