Search results

1. S

What is the most memorable amp you have ever played?

My old Matamp GT1 for me. It was pretty much my ideal foggy old school Orange style tone, even more so than an early “pics only” OR80 that I also owned more recently. And the clean tone was probably the thickest, heaviest clean tone I’ve ever experienced.
  2. S

Strictly FUZZ

You can’t post that and then ignore this amazing live version:
  3. S

Amp Lust for 2021

Getting into the Synergy modules has confirmed for me that I just don’t use high gain anymore. I’d get a Deliverance in a heartbeat if I needed that much gain, but I don’t. On the other hand, it’s also confirmed that I really like Dumble cleans which is kind of unfortunate. :D I see a Two Rock...
  4. S

Sold Synergy OS module

*SOLD*
  5. S

Strictly FUZZ

Could you do the orange Kay next?
  6. S

What pedals do you have lost in the mail?

I’ve got a modded DE7 that only just popped back up on the radar after going missing for about a week.
  7. S

3 wishes for you from the ghost of Xmas past

I’m so annoyed at how hard it is to pick the guitar. :rotflmao And the one I picked I only recently got rid of. Guitar: Gibson R8 w/ Fralin True 60’s pups Amp: Matamp GT1 FX: early Fuzzfaceless MkI
  8. S

Holy trinity - Fuzz edition

The Soulbender is a MkIII, right? Just saying “Tonebender” is being a little vague.
  9. S

Suggestion for next Chase Bliss collaboration

$2k CB/PigDog MkI with presets.
  10. S

Strat wiring: what's your preference?

Yup. Or middle pickup wide open, I can go either way on that one. Other than that everything else stock. I’ve never had much use for blending in neck and/or bridge pickups, mid boost circuits, master tone, etc...
  11. S

Order my pedals: Slaughter of the Soul tone.

I’m going to guess the opposite order you’ve posted: SD1 > HM2 > MT2. Use the SD1 to boost, and use the surprisingly decent EQ of the MT2 to sculpt.
  12. S

SG versus Les Paul (which do you prefer?)

I started on a cheap SG clone and have owned my SG Classic longer than any other piece of gear. It feels like home every time I pick it up. Having said that, if I could only have one it would be a LP. I’ve got two currently (R4 & R7) and want more. I can’t really explain the GAS, either. I have...
  13. S

New Gear Resolutions 2021!?!?

Maybe just one more Les Paul...
  14. S

What Analogman Pedals Are You Rocking?

Well... I’m weak. Bad Bob incoming.
  15. S

What Analogman Pedals Are You Rocking?

Currently: TI/UK Sunlion & Peppermint Fuzz Formerly: 600ms AR20DLDX (x2), Peppermint Fuzz (standard & dark), BiComprossor, Astrotone, Sunface (BC183, NKT275) And I’m thinking about grabbing a Bad Bob.
  16. S

Poll: Humbucker polepieces - staggered or flat?

The only pickups where I really needed to stagger were some Antiquities that were initially quite dark in the neck. Slam the height, stagger the poles, all good. I just installed a set of Black Dogs that sound amazing, but I’m noticing that the G definitely hits harder than the other strings...
  17. S

Is anyone running Synergy modules with a Fryette PS-100 (or PS-2)?

SYN1 into a PS2 here. :wave The whole setup works great for me, although I already had the PS2 so that was one less thing for me to worry about. If I were setting up a dedicated Synergy rig separate from my normal head+PS2 stack I’d probably look at a 2/50/2 or something like that. I’ve been...
  18. S

NPD: post-pandemic nano board

I’ve got a DC5 under my Nano and a DC7 under my bigger board. I’m pretty sure they’re the same dimensions except for width, so it should fit fine.
  19. S

Show Your Pedalboard: 2020

So far so good. It’s the most recent addition so I need to wiggle some more knobs, but I’m pretty sure it’s a keeper. The flexibility is nice to have compared to my last couple trems. I’ll probably never use the MIDI, though.
  20. S

Show Your Pedalboard: 2020

I’ll be heading into the new year with this:
  21. S

Synergy modular thread

A Shiva module might make me dump the Dumble if the clean is comparable. Channel 2 is fine but not my favorite. And a big +1 to a Matamp.
  22. S

Help needed. Wiring harness, pots and caps for Les Paul project

I just put an RS Guitarworks harness in my R7, and I’ve had one in an SG for years now. They’re one of the more well known brands for pre-wired harnesses and I’ve got nothing but good things to say about them. I also have a Creamtone harness lying around that I just haven’t gotten around to yet.
  23. S

Should I replace pots,pio caps or the whole wiring harness in Gibson guitar?

As someone who’s only passable with a soldering iron, I’ve always gone the prewired harness route to give myself the minimum number of chances to screw something up.
  24. S

What's your favorite Les Paul bridge pickup?

This is the correct way to do it. I always scratch my head when I see someone say “Oh yeah those pickups are great... I’ve got them in all 8 of my LP’s”. I guess if you’re touring and need consistency and backups then that makes sense, but for me I want variety. I’m thinking about picking up...
Top Bottom