Search results

1. JonnyAlright

New Original Recordings

Recorded at Fret Sounds in Graham, NC. More songs and an LP to come. Really stoked about the guitar tones we got. Ranges from a gritty growl to a wobbling leslie. http://soundcloud.com/jonnyalright http://soundcloud.com/jonnyalright/cat-eyes...
  2. JonnyAlright

Starting Retro/Indie Rock Band (NC)

I am looking to start a band. I have 9 songs demoed (hosted on soundcloud) and 10 more songs written that are not recorded currently. These songs are to give you an idea of the type of musicians I'm looking for. I don't really like that they are online (they were originally intended for my own...
  3. JonnyAlright

Starting Retro/Indie Rock Band (NC)

I am looking to start a band. I have 9 songs demoed (hosted on soundcloud) and 10 more songs written that are not recorded currently. These songs are to give you an idea of the type of musicians I'm looking for. I don't really like that they are online (they were originally intended for my own...
  4. JonnyAlright

Live vocal through guitar pedal.

I'm on a budget and trying to get a little dirt into my live vocal sound. Talked to an engineer the other day who said a friend of his used the Boss Deluxe Reverb pedal and it sounded killer. I don't care as much about the reverb because usually that and delays are attached to a FOH...
  5. JonnyAlright

New MUSIC FESTIVAL. Anyone put one on before?

I've been wanting to put on a music festival in Greensboro, NC for quite some time, but my schedule has been so inconsistent for years touring with a band that it was never feasible. I'm no longer playing with any bands and so now I want to give it a shot. I've got figures for renting the...
  6. JonnyAlright

What are your favorite hooks?

Hook. When mentioning this word, most musicians know generally what you are talking about, but it can't be simply defined. It's a word that evokes memories and feelings, but can't be properly represented through just words. It'd be cool if people would share their thoughts on what hooks in...
  7. JonnyAlright

Stolen Gear from Fidelitorium - Kernersville, NC

Monday morning between 2am and 12pm Mitch Easter's studio was broken into. My band had been recording the night before, so my Telecaster was stolen, along with 6 of Mitch's guitars and a bass that another band had left over. The guitars are: Fender '52 RI Hot Rod Tele - Butterscotch finish...
  8. JonnyAlright

Your Favorite Band Photos

My group is doing a photo shoot in a couple of weeks and the photographer wanted to see some famous band shots that we are into for ideas. I've also been reading the Keith Richard's autobiography, and all of this has gotten me interested in seeing how bands presented themselves on their CDs, in...
  9. JonnyAlright

Overdrive help! - Germino + Tele/SG pretty please.

The problem I'm having is getting a satisfying relationship of overdrive pedal to amp overdrive at a bearable level. In a perfect world I'd have the amp at 8 or 9 and run a treble boost or other boost for some extra punch when needed, but it's just not the world I'd like it to be. So...
  10. JonnyAlright

open blues/jazz jams in NC

I just can't seem to find a lot of information about these online. There don't seem to be many places, especially in the Graham-to-Greensboro region of the state. I'd be willing to drive farther if I knew it was worth it, but I've also never been able to go to one of these so I don't know too...
  11. JonnyAlright

A crazy story and HELP dating an old Gibson SG!

So I am visiting my aunt in Reno, NV, and she wanted to go over to a friend of her's house. We went to visit and it turned out that he had a few guitars and liked to play folk and old Christian hymns. He was a really nice guy, and we talked about guitars for a little bit and he wanted to hear...
  12. JonnyAlright

fully diminished 7th chord. AHHH!

I'm having a little trouble incorporating/completely understanding the function of a fully diminished 7th chord. i get that any of the voices could be the root since the intervals are minor 3rds all the way up the chord, and likewise any of the voices could be your leading tone. i remember it...
  13. JonnyAlright

Blackface Twin Reverb problems, help!

I bought a 66 Twin Reverb on ebay and when I got it the speaker was blown. I didn't notice right off the bat because this is actually the first Fender amp I've ever owned. So I have a predicament... I'm about to be recording with my group and finding a Jensen speaker from the time period could...
  14. JonnyAlright

Hiwatt, Hylite, Harry Joyce, Sound City, info please?!?!

I was just reading a thread about American and British amps, and it reminded me of the old Sound City amps. I've never actually gotten to play one, the only ones I've seen for sell have been from England, and that's just too much in shipping for me to pay... Anywho, a while back I got real...
  15. JonnyAlright

New to TGP, had To Get it Into My Life...

I'm always up at night, looking a gear and such and TGP pops up alot in my search engine, so I decided to sign up... So hello all. I guess I'll start off with what I play: Guitars - Gibson Firebird VII, '52 reissue Fender Tele w/ Seymour mini-hum, Epiphone G1275 Amps - Germino Club...
Top Bottom