Search results

1. Britishampfan

When Ted Nugent started playing through Eddie's gear, a funny thing happened …

Tone is in your ears, man. Really great gear helps connect the dots.
  2. Britishampfan

Who says you can't wear shorts on stage...

It was a joke. Wear whatever you want, shorts, no shorts, naked whatever.
  3. Britishampfan

Who says you can't wear shorts on stage...

If you are a huge star you can wear shorts on stage. If you never want to play live again with a band, wear shorts on stage.
  4. Britishampfan

Rate the "Big 4" Grunge bands

I remember grunge being Nirvana, Pearl Jam and STP back in the day as the big three and constantly on rock radio for years and being "grunge", AIC was more on the metal charts with Soundgarden which was if I remember correctly classified as stoner along with Queens of the Stone Age or at least...
  5. Britishampfan

Old guys, what was BOSTON when they came on the scene?

I was just checking out some live footage, its pretty great, nice gear too. From the gear it looks like people that hang out here. LOL I`ll have to add that album on iTunes, thanks for the rekindled memories gear page.
  6. Britishampfan

You know I was just reminiscing kids, Boston was the kind of album for us, Well picture this- Summer in central Minnesota, there is a beautiful park along the Mississippi River, junior in high School there is no internet or technology and our circle of friends are hanging out, most of us have...
  7. Britishampfan

Before my time but Boston was great, lasted well into the late 80`s on local classic rock radio. I guess we were puzzled as to why they didn't put out more music, something about a lawsuit, and then of course their final effort which had a good song or two but it just seemed like they waited too...
  8. Britishampfan

Rate the "Big 4" Grunge bands

What? Already forgot about STP? I will shun your poll. Alice In Chains Come on.
  9. Britishampfan

What's your most controversial Led Zeppelin opinion?

Jeff Beck and Clapton helped out Jimmy in the studio.
  10. Britishampfan

Live Dead Garcia speaker question

Wasn't 1969-70 the Strat with the later affixed Harley Davidson sticker from Sam Cutler? I love the SG sound on the playboy after dark St. Stephen video. Great sound, dont know the speak type but yes what a sound on live dead.
  11. Britishampfan

For you hard core Deadheads

True, but that's what it makes it so great. I wonder how much money they spent in the studio, the record company was bleeding I bet, and the engineers were terrified of being dosed every sesh. It's absolutely brilliant and satisfying, and I totally agree. The way I feel after listening. Like...
  12. Britishampfan

Anthem is one of my favorites these days, and I`m mean epic use of the kazoo there on Alligator always brings a smile to my face. Pretty trippy for a studio album especially in its day it's 50 years old.
  13. Britishampfan

I`m still on the bus, as much as I love the early tracks, Anthem, workingman and Europe 72 just never cease to amaze and satisfy. I totally understand the stoned jam thing, who doesn't like to do that but the truly epic live psychedelic jams came much later after they learned from the acid...
  14. Britishampfan

Tom Jones, where does he fall for you?

The dude is great.
  15. Britishampfan

Billy Joel vs. Elton John? Who's your piano man?

I hear Benny and the jets and I am transported through time and space, For me that never happened with any of Billy`s songs, but great in his own right, it just never reached me. Music for me is like that, Give me one good song that stops me in my tracks. Elton had a number of those songs of...
  16. Britishampfan

New Tool Single

Parts of that song are pretty amazing and great sounding, some parts are doomy, but there is that same old hook and parts are just tiresome. They need a new thing. Overall though pretty damn cool.
  17. Britishampfan

What Song Scared You As a Kid?

Dark side of the moon, freaked me out while high. Remember back in the day was the thing to trip and watch the wall? A large group of us did. I thought it was a contrived cliché piece of crap, still do. Still love animals and wish you were here though.
  18. Britishampfan

What Is The Best/Favorite Bad Company Album?

Bad Company and I can't deny....
  19. Britishampfan

What are you listening to right now?

It was the days between so I have been listening to the Dead and still am, Anthem, Europe 72, Terrapin, and live concerts. Thank a taper, and thank the band for letting them.
  20. Britishampfan

The 90s went downhill when...

The 90`s ended New Years eve 1999 at my house party while playing Prince 1999 at 11:58pm, Hell of a party man. Someone stole my Prince CD and that was the end.
  21. Britishampfan

Best metal riff ever!

What is this that stands before me? Figure in black that points at me.
  22. Britishampfan

I officially have a new, overused, despised word to describe gear

This thread is pretty fizzy and thin. Seriously, how sound is related by guitar players in text online is hilarious, it has been since the beginning.
Top Bottom