Search results

1. N

FS: Yoohoo! Big Summer Blowout...

+1 for the name of the thread. Made me chuckle!
  2. N

FS - Fender SuperSonic 60 Head

Still available.
  3. N

Still available for now!
  4. N

FS- Port City 1x12----SOLD

Still available! Come and get it!
  5. N

FS- Port City 1x12----SOLD

For sale is a Port City 1x12. I got this one from another TGP member a couple years ago, and it has served me really well. I have been impressed by the build and sound of this little guy. I don't really have a need for the 1x12 anymore, as I have been using a smaller combo for home use, so it is...
  6. N

I am in the process of a tele build, and am looking for some things to unload, so this Fender amp is looking for a new home. I purchased it from a gear page member about 4 months ago thinking that it would be a good amp for home playing but I quickly realized it is one LOUD beast. It has...
  7. N

BOSS SE-70 smooth lead sound great for legato...

A prime example of a piece of equipment in the right hands. Nice
  8. N

Craiglist thread....

I always kiss my wife and kids, and wish them well when I am going to a CL deal. Just in case, ya know...
  9. N

FS:: Martin 000-15 Mahogany $600

Up for sale is my ol' trusty - the Martin 000-15. Made in the USA. I bought this new around 2003. It was my first real acoustic guitar, and has treated me nicely. It has such a nice warm, inviting tone to it, and is very comfortable to play. It has been broken in quite nicely, and in some...
  10. N

Could I benefit from a crossover?

Got an update, and thanks for all your help! Turns out, adding a 2 channel 31 band EQ right after the main outs form the mixer made a HUGE tonal difference. I was able to drop that really harsh top end I was hearing. Now, we can actually run the vocals at a louder, more clear level because...
  11. N

Thanks Mix, good to know actually. Right now, I will be keeping them out of the monitors. :)
  12. N

Sweet. Good point. Ill report back here with some updates. Thanks Rex! :)
  13. N

Cool. I think I will try this: I actually have a 31 Band EQ I can try. Ill mess with it when I get time. Ill put it after the main output Also thinking about getting a 2 channel compressor/limiter-- One channel for the post EQ, then to the mains -- one channel to insert in the main vocal's...
  14. N

Advice? Good HD Video Camera for Recording our Band?

Thanks, open to any and all suggestions. Total noob with Cameras! :)
  15. N

Thanks for the advice! We do gig with this out, and it does sound quite decent for a self made, self manned setup. I would be interested in applying an EQ to the main mix being sent to the Sub-HPRs :: What would be a good route for this option, when we are practicing in this room? Where...
  16. N

Just tried some sounds with a song from my iTunes. Coming back through the Mackie Onyx 1640i (To be honest, I don't know what route it takes to come back in from the CPU) The HPR's have a LARGE amount of high end, almost to the point where they are getting "ice picky" The Low Driver and the...
  17. N

You're only as good as your rhythm section, agree or disagree?

Rhythm Section is the most important. Leads sound like crap with out the right bed to lay in.
  18. N

Need Detailed Help on Recording on MacBook

A presonus is great. It took me a good distance, with some nice recordings All for the fun of it, sounded good to me :) Post up your sounds when you get em!
  19. N

Hello! My current set up is this: Mackie 1640i Main outs to: Samson 500w Powered Subwoofer with Corssover Built in (http://www.samsontech.com/site_media/legacy_docs/ex500_owners_manual.pdf) From the Samson, we go Left to a QSC HPR 3 way speaker - Same on the Right as well...
  20. N

Need Detailed Help on Recording on MacBook

Perhaps you can consider a Mixer/interface combo? Like a Mackie Onyx i series. There is good flexibility in it, and you can use it for live as well. decent quality too. Garageband is good, and free with the mac, but you might out grow it soon enough and need something more. You can get a...
  21. N

Advice? Good HD Video Camera for Recording our Band?

I'm looking for a good (hopefully entry level professional) Video Camera to video our band playing songs at our practice space. It is my intent to take good quality video, and then produce it in iMovie (or similar) to match the with the recordings of that song. I have 16 tracks going into...
  22. N

So I got a Mesa Electra Dyne 1x12...

Yes cool pic! I'd love to try one in my home. They are not to terribly expensive for what you get. Mesa always brings good stuff to the table.
  23. N

Mark V vs Rockerverb 50 mkII vs Shiva

I've played the mark v for a few years. The rockerverb has a more brutal modern gain to its second channel. The clean channel was meh. For most versatility I would go with the mark V unless you plan in spending most of your time in a high gain territory, in which I might recommend the orange...
Top Bottom