Search results

1. CheckSix

Robert Ludwig mastered LP listening night...

Listened to these tonight... All are mastered by Robert Ludwig. I got in the mood to compare some of his mastering work. Springsteen - Born in the USA The Police - Synchronicity Yes - 90125 Rush - Moving Pictures Rush - Signals They are all good. The two best quite noticeably, are...
  2. CheckSix

For you contra-cable guys...

I spent an hour on the phone yesterday with Chris Sommovigo of Black Cat Cable. Chris has quite the reputation. Especially in Japan. He designed the Illuminati D60 digital cables back in the 90's that were the best! I still have and use mine. He even admits today, it is very hard to...
  3. CheckSix

AXPONA now rescheduled to August 7th - 9th.

Just announced today. April 17th - 19th, now August 7th - 9th. Personally, I think it is a mistake. Situation will likely be worse by August. Then what? AXPONA 2020 to be re-scheduled in 2021? Of course everyone can just adjust their schedules at the whim of AXPONA. Crazy! Just...
  4. CheckSix

Winter time record playing static electricity control...

For those dealing with static electricity of the stylus running through the record groove like I am, I have your solution... The SPI Westek 94000 Workstation Ionizer. Place it close to the platter and it eliminates static electricity on the record. Works great! I was getting tired of the...
  5. CheckSix

New Phono Cartridge...

Received an Acoustical Systems Archon cartridge today. Easy to setup, 100 ohm load, VTA level and 1.83 gms VTF. What an amazing sounding cartridge! Pricey? Yes! Gorgeous analog sound and dynamics? Yes! Just spectacular! Vocals, details, dynamics, musicality... it has it all. Its...
  6. CheckSix

Considering changing amplifiers...

My Llano Design A-300's are now 21 years old. 300W at 8 ohms as monoblocs. I bought them originally to deal with the impedance of the Martin-Logan ReQuests. They still are working fine and sound good but feel the need to retire them before re-capping is needed. Now with the Paradigm...
  7. CheckSix

How many of you seriously listen to a lot of classical music?

Just curious. Today on vinyl, I listened to a 2 Bach violin concertos, Bach Goldberg Variations, a Schumann string quartet, a Brahms string quartet, 2 Strauss pieces and Sibelius symphony No 2. Just wonderful stuff. All of my records are from the mid '60s, to early 70's recordings. What...
  8. CheckSix

What happens when you get bored...

A close friend and I decided to collaborate on some Beatles covers... Here's one you don't hear covered too often... I did the guitar, harmonium and drums... he did the vocals, bass and piano. Doing these covers are tricky, because the bar was set so high originally. ;-)...
  9. CheckSix

Howdy!

Should have done this a long time ago... finally registered today. About me: the Cliff Notes version... Guitar & bass player, played in band in the early days, still have my first guitar, acquired some good gear over the years, been learning recording over the last 4+ years, love...
Top Bottom